Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90X or Insanity without diet ?

Hey I've been thinking about doing the P90X or Insanity without the diet mainly because I'm still a teenager and changing my diet would be a very big hassle with all my A level work I need to do. The main reason I want to lose body fat is to show my 6 pack which I've got hidden away ( I know I've got one because of the 100's of crunches I've been doing for the past months )

Which one of the programs would be better for losing fat and keeping lean muscle mass ?

Also I have an extra question. I can't find out my bodyfat percentage. I've got an exercise bike at home and on there it says 22% but when I put my body messurements into a body fat calculator I end up with a bodyfat of 10-16% which this is very confusing. How would I find out my real body fat percentage ?

JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do the hardest workout in the world but if your diet is not in check you will not see those 6 pack abs. As for your second question...Post a couple of pics of your self and you will get average response within 2-3% of your BF%
    []---[] Equipment Crew #29 []---[]

chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    all workout programs work if you follow them correctly. p90x, insanity, etc. aren't anything revolutionary. they just tell you how hard the work is, and most others tell you how easy it is. why half a$$ it though? that's pointless, go fullboard and do the correct diet too.
    you're less than a drop in all the oceans, and god is laughing at your problems.

Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dubzfry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I worked out that I can lose a 1lb a week if I do insanity for the 9 week period so 9 lb overall. Well I don't have time to do the full diet with school and that my mum the family dinner. Shall I take a picture just stand up straight no poses or not tensing ?

daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedalus34r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Best advice I can give that has been thrown around a lot here is that abs are made in the kitchen.

P90x won't magically burn 5000 calories per session, a clean calculated diet is still key.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The diet book that comes with the program is ok. I don't follow it except when I'm looking for a new recipe to use aside from my normal daily meal plan. Other than that, p90x will help if you get a diet that works for your body. It takes a little reading and planning to get it right.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

jamull2852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamull2852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamull2852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamull2852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamull2852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamull2852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive done p90x for a month then just stopped bc it was hard for me to stay motivated at home, but im pushing my self to do an insanity workout atleast 3-4 times a week, and when i say its hard its HARD. Insanity is known for weight loss but p90x will get you more ripped i guess you would say being you use weights with the workouts. you can go to the beachbody website and check out their forum and just look at the before and after pictures and youll be able to tell who is following the diet and who isnt. I would get the diet down if i were you it makes a difference.

lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do both p90x and insanity and follow the diet...I live 30 miles from the nearest gym so it works well for my situation...
    http://www.sixpacksmackdown.com
    Twitter: @lucasrayd

Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daedalus34r View Post
    abs are made in the kitchen.
    That's what I was going to say.

jiggynites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiggynites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiggynites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiggynites has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah man if you're serious about getting a 6pack your focus should be at least 90% on diet and 10% on workout

wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your 6ft 153lbs,and you think you need to lose fat!!!!just those figures tell me you cant be carrying much fat at all!take my advice ease off on the crunches,put some real load on your abs using weighted rope pull down,hanging leg raises weighted crunch,these give you the ridges of the 6 pack,crunches help flatten your stomach not what your looking for.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The diet book in P90X is great if you are looking to lean out and build some muscle (which at your stats seems like you might want). However, for dropping a lot of weight the diet book isn't very good (IMO). The suggested caloric intake seems too high to me.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) wiltsboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i cant believe people are entertaining this thread,do the maths 6 ft 153lbs,estimate 20/22%fat absolute crap....are you thinking your carrying 30+ pounds of fat on that frame lol,if thats your pic on your profile id say your 10/12% fat,and actually look pretty lean already

alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your diet is the key for body building..
    Think you can, think you can't; either way you are right!

REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000) REALDEAL012 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely do Insanity.. Hense the name, its insane!

Definitely harder for me than P90X..

I feel like it really helps with athleticism and quickness, not just fat loss..

I combine it with a regular lifting program.. Best form of cardio for me!
    Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Based on your pics, you'd probably be better served from abandoning both p90x and insanity and taking your exercise into the gym with weight lifting. The circuit training in p90x is great for fat loss but will not help really pack on a ton muscle bulk compared to a good resistance training routine.

You don't look like you need to cut down any further. Lift hard and bulk up.

Thanks guys, you've helped me. Instead of not doing a diet I'll just plan on eaten healthier overall with my same intake which is around 2400. I think I'll incorporate sone of the P90X and insanity into a weight lifting program to make a hybrid. I've recently got critical bench and hybrid training books which one should I do to build lean mass quickly? I would start a new thread but my phone won't let me

Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeh, I have to chime in and say you are thin enough.

The reason you don't see a six pack is because you don't really have one. At your height and weight, your muscular development is pretty minimal. Just because you have done a bunch of crunches it doesn't mean you have built your muscles up anymore than doing a hundred bicep curls a day builds biceps.

Your abs are a muscle group, and like any muscle they must be developed in the conventional means of resistance training and proper diet. There are lots of people in single digit bodyfat percentages that don't have a six pack. Not everyone is born with them.
    Semper Fidelis

Registered User bulgarianwolf911's Avatar
    bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulgarianwolf911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    insanity for weight loss...combined with a lifting program.

im doing that and its gotten me great results although i havent havent have a remotely good diet

lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MCrow View Post
    The diet book in P90X is great if you are looking to lean out and build some muscle (which at your stats seems like you might want). However, for dropping a lot of weight the diet book isn't very good (IMO). The suggested caloric intake seems too high to me.
    This is because contrary to popular belief, P90X is NOT a weight-loss program. It's a mis-conception because a lot of overweight people have lost a lot of weight on it.

Originally Posted by REALDEAL012 View Post
    Definitely do Insanity.. Hense the name, its insane!

Definitely harder for me than P90X..

I feel like it really helps with athleticism and quickness, not just fat loss..

I combine it with a regular lifting program.. Best form of cardio for me!
    My brother is 185, bench presses 400 and uses Insanity to stay cut as all hell.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Neither insanity or p90x will make you a heavy lifting musclebound freak. Both of them are excellent fat burners ... good tools to stay cut.