GiftedByGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get in basketball shape?

I am looking forward to playing basketball next year as a point guard and I wanted to know what coaches look for in varsity starters (strong legs, low bf, etc). Please, only basketball players reply.

WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GiftedByGod View Post
    I am looking forward to playing basketball next year as a point guard and I wanted to know what coaches look for in varsity starters (strong legs, low bf, etc). Please, only basketball players reply.
    Low bf.?? Well first off you have to be an exceptional ball handler. A coach on the floor per say, a very good leader. You need to have the best court vision on the team. On top of that you need to be able to score. Anywhere from 3 pointers to layups. Honestly to be a point guard you need to be the most skilled player on the floor. Jw. Whats the size of your school. How long have you been playing? Also don't be expecting varsity starter your first year out especially at public school.

Originally Posted by WesCracker View Post
    Low bf.?? Well first off you have to be an exceptional ball handler. A coach on the floor per say, a very good leader. You need to have the best court vision on the team. On top of that you need to be able to score. Anywhere from 3 pointers to layups. Honestly to be a point guard you need to be the most skilled player on the floor. Jw. Whats the size of your school. How long have you been playing? Also don't be expecting varsity starter your first year out especially at public school.
    More than a thousand people. I've been playing since I was 8, not seriously playing until now. I have 11 months to step up my game big time. I think I could be PG, but what's the next most skillful position?

WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    More than a thousand people. I've been playing since I was 8, not seriously playing until now. I have 11 months to step up my game big time. I think I could be PG, but what's the next most skillful position?
    Well honestly the position your gonna play depends on your athletic ability, size and skill. What are your stats?

goalspbmdreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goalspbmdreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in high school I played var, I ran a **** ton of 17's ( 1 min) , suicides (30 Secs), and full court sprints, prob other stuff, but I remember these are as most painful
    could try there if you have a court to yourself
    Daily Diet
    http://fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=mdcs&id=1791855

Originally Posted by WesCracker View Post
    Well honestly the position your gonna play depends on your athletic ability, size and skill. What are your stats?
    I'm 5'8, 162lb. Max bench is 135, max squat is 200, max DL is probably 225. I am fast and have good footwork.

I'm 5'8, 162lb. Max bench is 135, max squat is 200, max DL is probably 225. I am fast and have good footwork.
    At 5'8 to start varsity you gotta be a lights out shooter and quick as hell. Like getting up at least 500 shots a day by your self outside of practice during the season. Right now I would focus on your basketball skills then around 3 months out start speed and agility condition. The last month and a half I would run alot of sprints till your way out of breath then run some more. Latter drills and jump roping will help alot with speed. You might also try doing alot of variations of defensive slides. Remember conditioning starts when fatigue sets in. All your work outs should be explosive oriented.

Try to join a AAU league for experience

Also for point guard most coaches love a pass first shoot second kind of guard, but remember to show you can still score. Also practice game speed.

Excuse my lack of grammar and organization I'm on my ipod

spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spartanftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

This guy is giving you good advice.

I'm a varsity pointguard myself this year and last year as a freshman in highschool I sucked. I was very skilled in ball handling, shooting and other things but my conditioning and strength sucked now I'm 5'9 170 and explosive player coaches really like that so I would suggest lifting 3 days a week and working on ur skills on if off days just my 2 cents. Peace. Work on ur game.