RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Chest Workout inc Barbell & Dumbbells

Guys is it a good idea to have a barbell session then switch the following week to dumbbells ?usually do 8 sets of pressing movement either flat incline or decline,or would it be better to mix the db's in with the barbell press?ie

4 sets inline db press
    4 sets of barbell flat press

then change around the following week,what do u guys do for your chest ?

Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin Haberman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RussAnderson View Post
    Guys is it a good idea to have a barbell session then switch the following week to dumbbells ?usually do 8 sets of pressing movement either flat incline or decline,or would it be better to mix the db's in with the barbell press?ie

4 sets inline db press
    4 sets of barbell flat press

then change around the following week,what do u guys do for your chest ?
    I dont think theres any right or wrong answer. I know people that use all barbell's (BBs) one week and then swtich to all Dumbbell's (DBs) the next week, and I know people who use BBs and DBs one week.

Because BB movements require a lot of energy, I usually like to only do a couple BB exercises in a workout - switching up the exercises from one week to the next. A sample exercises plan would look something like this:

WEEK 1
    Incline Chest Press - BB
    Flat Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - BB
    Incline Flyes - DB

WEEK 2
    Flat Chest Press - BB
    Incline Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - DB .... etc.
    Justin Haberman
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Rep

For FREE training & nutrition tips, follow us at ********.com/SixStar and SixStarProNutrition.com

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Justin Haberman View Post
    I dont think theres any right or wrong answer. I know people that use all barbell's (BBs) one week and then swtich to all Dumbbell's (DBs) the next week, and I know people who use BBs and DBs one week.

Because BB movements require a lot of energy, I usually like to only do a couple BB exercises in a workout - switching up the exercises from one week to the next. A sample exercises plan would look something like this:

WEEK 1
    Incline Chest Press - BB
    Flat Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - BB
    Incline Flyes - DB

WEEK 2
    Flat Chest Press - BB
    Incline Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - DB .... etc.
    ^ This is typically a good strategy. You just need to make sure you're keeping track of progression of each lift, based on whether it's done first, second, etc.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Atlasius88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atlasius88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atlasius88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    You just need to make sure you're keeping track of progression of each lift
    I don't think there's anything wrong with switching it up but it's more difficult to keep track of progression when you're only doing an exercise every other week. I prefer to stick to one DB press and one BB press each chest day and rotate every couple months.