asapgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't find the answer?! :/ Physique? Figure? Bikini?

I can't find the answer on google and I've searched on different competition sites. I would like to compete 2013 spring or summer, but what is the difference?

Ms Physique?
    Ms. Figure?
    Bikini?

I would hate to sign up for Bikini an be to bulky or sign up for Physique or Figure and not trained properly for what the judges are looking for.

There is a competition near me and it has all 3 classes. I have no idea which one to enter :/

Thanks for the input!

michcoth1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just found this for you on natualbodybuilding.com This confirms what I already thought. Ms. Physique would be a competition where you still want to look very muscular and lean, but not big like a bodybuilder. Ms. Figure is more aesthetically geared towards the female physique, than Ms. Physique, but would probably require more muscle than bikini, and bikini simply looking as good as you can in a bikini. Hope this helps!

Bikini:
    1.) The judges will be looking for a combination of these objectives;
    Beauty - overall cosmetic appearance, photogenic, skin tone and sex appeal.
    Poise and General Impression - overall grooming, personality, self assurance, composure and walk.
    Muscle Tone & Definition - overall muscle tone and NO muscle separation. The judges are NOT looking for muscle mass or "ripped to the bone," extreme striations or the vascularity of a bodybuilder or a figure competitor. They are looking for shapely and toned bodies.
    Symmetry & Proportion - overall structural harmony of the figure relative to the shape and size of various body parts and proportional balance of opposite body parts. The upper and lower extremities should flow aesthetically when viewed from all sides creating a balanced and symmetrical appearance.

2.) The competitors should display a very sexy and feminine attitude and keep a relaxed posture. There is NO FLEXING allowed. This is not a Bodybuilding or Figure competition.

3.) The judging will be conducted in one round.

4.) The Bikini Divas are allowed to wear jewlery such as earings and belly rings. Appropriate footwear must also be worn. Each competitor will be given an overall score in each round with an overall tabulation of points between all rounds.

Ms. Figure:
    JUDGING CRITERIA
    Muscular Development
    • Muscular, defined and toned figure
    • This is not a bodybuilding competition so excessive mass will take away from the overall muscular toned physique
    • Reasonable level of body fat showing separations between major muscle groups (ex. biceps to triceps) without visible striations in the muscle groups
    Symmetry and Proportion
    • No body part should stand out from the rest, train a complete package
    • There should be an even flow through the body
    • Equal development between all muscle groups
    Stage Presence
    • Confidence
    • Execution of quarter turns and figure walk
    • Skin tone, make-up, suit selection
    • Overall presentation

Ms. Physique
    The requirement for the Ms Physique division varies from female bodybuilding in subtle ways. While physique competitors should not have the bulk of a bodybuilder, it is judged along the lines of a bodybuilding contest. As with all divisions, we require the competitors to reduce their body fat as low as possible, we still expect hardness and definition, but taken to the point that stops before a competitor loses their ‘figure or shape’ and the individual muscle groups lose their fullness or dimension.

asapgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are fabulous! Thank you for posting that for me.

It almost seems like Figure and Physique could be the same in sense.

So I'm guessing that if the competition doesn't offer Physique then Physique would equal Figure.

If I truly enjoyed Physique and / or Figure and wanted to eventually turn pro down the road are there loads of different organizations or is there just one that I would need to sign up to compete in?

Thanks again for the input! There is so much info on the net and kind of confusing. I wanted to set some goals and I would like to enter contests that would help me reach a pro level when the time is right.

Cheri0183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im not sure with all shows but I know if you look at fitnessuniverse.com they list in the rules and what your body condition should be for each category. Also I suggest going to a show that the organization, you want to compete in, is putting on and see how the girls look and how they get scored, that way you know what look the judges are looking for.

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you posted pictures of yourself you could get feedback regarding which category you'd most appropriately fit in.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    If you posted pictures of yourself you could get feedback regarding which category you'd most appropriately fit in.
    Agreed.^^

The difference in the divisions is the amount of overall muscle and levels of bodyfat which they compete at.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)