gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Will an apple or sweet potato for pre workout knock me out of Keto?

Im on the first few days of Keto and I already have symptoms (Never hungry, Forgetting to eat, Neon Urine, etc.) And I do the Insanity workout which is crazy hard. Eating no carbs beforehand I have no energy to do the workout and can barely finish it. My question is if it is ok to eat a sweet potato or an apple before I workout? I eat about 1-10 g of carbs per day so if I eat an apple its 22 g of carbs and a sweet potato is 33 g. That means I would have 30-40 g of carbs per day would that be ok and Id stay in Keto? Keep in mind I work out HARD and so its right beforehand that Id eat the carbs just for the energy. Otherwise I feel like my workout doesn't even burn half the calories I normally burn.
    My Cut Log:
    Start of Cut 5/1/11 242 Pounds
    Goal reached 7/28/13 170 Pounds

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    { tkd }

Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wait until you're done with the two weeks of induction. By then, you're body will be much more fat adapted. After that, 10-15g of carbs pre workout wouldn't be terrible, a little more if you're doing TKD. An apple isn't great since it's mostly fructose, and an entire sweet potato might be a bit much (33g doesn't sound right to me for a whole spud, it should be a lot more).

In the meantime, try using coconut oil pre-workout if you need a large energy boost.

gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gacman8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Carus View Post
    Wait until you're done with the two weeks of induction. By then, you're body will be much more fat adapted. After that, 10-15g of carbs pre workout wouldn't be terrible, a little more if you're doing TKD. An apple isn't great since it's mostly fructose, and an entire sweet potato might be a bit much (33g doesn't sound right to me for a whole spud, it should be a lot more).

In the meantime, try using coconut oil pre-workout if you need a large energy boost.
    How bout almond oil would that work?
    My Cut Log:

Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Carus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gacman8 View Post
    How bout almond oil would that work?
    No.

No.
    Why not? Coconut oil is just high in fat. So is almond oil...
    My Cut Log:

Coconut oil is a saturated fat primarily composed of Medium Chain Triglycerides. These don't require bile to digest and are sent right to your liver to be converted to ketones right away. That's why they provide such an incredible boost of energy regardless of whether you're in ketosis or not.

Almond oil is a crappy polyunsaturated fat that's usually high in Omega-6, a pro-immflamatory agent. It's going to do little for your energy levels, zilch if you're still in induction (which you are).

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if it kicks you out of ketosis, it won't be for long. how many carbs are you eating? even 40g is only 160 calories. you're body will use these to fill glycogen, then use as energy. even if you use all 40g as energy, your body will use up 160 calories very quickly, then you will be back in ketosis. don't worry so much about "being in ketosis". everyone new to the diet does.

r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what other oils besides coconut oil or where do you get coconut oil? I went to a grocery store today,and saw every oil besides that... is it hard to find? I may start using this for energy and just to help increase my fat intake.... Also I plan on working out in the morning fasted, when my GH is highest to see if there is any difference.. would taking this before my workout change anything
    *MiSc-13* - D@ G3NeRaL

**Misc M@rio Brahz**

50- "Ain't Nothing You Can Do To Stop My Shine, This is God's Plan Homie, This Aint Mine!" -50

Originally Posted by r3pnIt View Post
    what other oils besides coconut oil or where do you get coconut oil? I went to a grocery store today,and saw every oil besides that... is it hard to find? I may start using this for energy and just to help increase my fat intake.... Also I plan on working out in the morning fasted, when my GH is highest to see if there is any difference.. would taking this before my workout change anything
    I always find it nearby the olive oil. Remember that coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so keep an eye out for a jar with a solid white substance inside.

r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always find it nearby the olive oil. Remember that coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so keep an eye out for a jar with a solid white substance inside.

[IMG]http://www.elanaspantry.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/coconut-oil-DSC_1718.jpg[/MG]
    dam i forgot it was solid... but I still don't think it was there, I'l try publix next time.. do u just swallow it, does it have any taste?
    *MiSc-13* - D@ G3NeRaL

**Misc M@rio Brahz**

50- "Ain't Nothing You Can Do To Stop My Shine, This is God's Plan Homie, This Aint Mine!" -50

dam i forgot it was solid... but I still don't think it was there, I'l try publix next time.. do u just swallow it, does it have any taste?
    The taste is very mild and very smooth. I use it to make my eggs.

nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you have a trader joes by you they have a good coconut oil. Or you could check health food stores. I put it in my coffee and sauté veggies in it it has a mild coconut flavor and it's not bad right off a spoon
    No Grain...No Pain... Gluten free since 2007

Are there any other short -medium chain oils that I can take for energy? incase I can't find it in stores
    *MiSc-13* - D@ G3NeRaL

**Misc M@rio Brahz**

Are there any other short -medium chain oils that I can take for energy? incase I can't find it in stores
    Some nutrition stores do sell pure MCT oil, but virgin coconut oil has more useful nutrients that you should really consume.

I've actually seen several GNCs carrying coconut oil.

6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get on Amazon. I get this one "Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil". Just search it on Amazon (Sorry I can't post links due to low post count).

Just me sure you get one that is cold pressed and extra virgin.
    11/01/2011 - Current weight: 264lbs BF 30%
    12/01/2011 - Goal weight : 250lbs - Reached 12/04/2011
    01/01/2011 - Goal weight : 240lbs