Closed Thread
    25tolife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tips for increasing the size of my waist?

I'm 6' 140 lbs and my waist is 28" I'm male

I know I'm underweight and I've started eating a lot more and trying to gain some fat and muscle, but is there anything I can do to increase the size of my waist? Right now I have sort of a feminine, hour-glass shape. My curves are pretty big and my pelvic bones stick out and look horrible.

I've been doing Ab Ripper X every other day and some upper body weight training, no cardio and eating about 2600 GOOD calories a day (lean meats, vegetables, dark greens, nuts, etc) but I haven't seen much improvement.

I hate how my pelvic bones are visible and sharp-looking and that my body looks so bad. I'm assuming increasing the size of my waist will lessen my curves and hopefully make my pelvic bones less visible or not showing at all but I'm very ignorant, hence why I'm posting. Help please?

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    having a small waist is a good thing you fool, just eat more, that is your problem.

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    #1. Best thread tonight "How do I get taller?"
    #2. Runner up for best thread tonight "How do I make my waist bigger?"

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VIsland View Post
    This

'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think he means the part of your mid body right above your waist. You don't want that part small. You want your upper lats to taper into your waist.

OP, do some lat pulldowns.

Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ardhimas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Deadlifts brah

JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VIsland View Post
    Same guy... OP at least make an effort to be a funny troll. Made of fail.
    So you're saying you *want* it? Or you *wish* for it?

The part of your upper body with the smallest circumference under your rib cage is what I'm counting as waist. A small waist is desirable to a girl, but the ideal waist for a 6 foot male is typically half his height in inches. Which would be 36" in my case. Like I said, having such a small waist gives me a feminine, hour-glass shape and makes my pelvic bones look huge and they're visible...

I'm very serious about this, please don't take it as trolling.

xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ardhimas View Post
    Deadlifts brah
    This.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had the same problem as OP. A natural lack of core musculature is to blame. Getting proficient at squats, deadlifts and other compounds are the key. Also weighted ab exersises and direct oblique work. This must be accompanied by a surplus of calories.
    My waist finally grew to 30 inches at 165 at 8% BF. It now resides at a comfortable 32 at around 12%
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Thanks everyone for your input. I took a picture to show what I mean since it's kind of hard to imagine.

Will deadlifts and oblique workouts help to correct this and is gaining weight going to help make my pelvic bones stand out less and make them not look sharp?

I can't post pictures without at least 50 posts so I'll try to make it my forum avatar instead.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make your lats grow. Once they're big enough, you will look more masculine. To answer your question, yes, squats, deads and direct oblique work will make your waist bigger/thicker.

Thanks! I'm trying to get my body to look similar to Zac Efrons. I don't really know what you would call it but I'm not going for anything super muscular.

What exercises should I be doing, how often, what weight, etc? I'm hoping to get good results by November when I go to the beach. I have access to dumbells and a weight bench.

XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.fitceleb.com/2008/10/30/train-like-a-surfer-

From the looks of him and you ....you don't have that much to work out on :P....

Well in 2 months )....that's fun ....

I guess you would need a barbell 2....at least...

Work on your chest: decline/flat barbell bench press, incline dumbell flies.....What weights....the ones that suit you....for muscle gains and for pumps....

Work on your delts: front raises, lateral raises, reverse flies, military press with dumbells or the barbell you do not have on a chair .....Again...What weights....the ones that suit you....for muscle gains and for pumps....

Work on your lats....get a pulley and a buchet, and some paracord.....put dumbbells or sand or something denser in the buchet.....do front lat pulls with wide or close grip.... do lat rows with wide/close grip.....one arm lat rows with dumbells.....Again...What weights....the ones that suit you....for muscle gains and for pumps....

Do some squats and deadlifts with the barbell or in your case the dumbbells.....

Use the gym if you can, if not try that at home.

Reps 6-10 for muscle gain and heavy workouts, 10-15-20 for the pump.

Eat meat and carbs more, my thin lean friend....
    If your body cannot handle it, make sure sheer willpower will.....

BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10) BxSeZoNe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Squats and deadlifts also goodmornings helped me out..working your lats will give the apperance of a wider mid section too..hope this helps brah
    Squat till you puke, lift till u die, go to heaven and out-bench Jesus..
    Bench-315 x5
    Millitary press- 205x5
    Dead lift-505 x2
    Incline bench- 225 x5
    Squat- 315x5 (paralell)
    Current weight 195-200@ 6'1

I'm not here to bull sh*t & I'm not here to impress you..
    Bronx,New York bro!

Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) Firecubes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 25tolife View Post
    I'm 6' 140 lbs and my waist is 28" I'm male

I know I'm underweight and I've started eating a lot more and trying to gain some fat and muscle, but is there anything I can do to increase the size of my waist? Right now I have sort of a feminine, hour-glass shape. My curves are pretty big and my pelvic bones stick out and look horrible.

I've been doing Ab Ripper X every other day and some upper body weight training, no cardio and eating about 2600 GOOD calories a day (lean meats, vegetables, dark greens, nuts, etc) but I haven't seen much improvement.

I hate how my pelvic bones are visible and sharp-looking and that my body looks so bad. I'm assuming increasing the size of my waist will lessen my curves and hopefully make my pelvic bones less visible or not showing at all but I'm very ignorant, hence why I'm posting. Help please?

Listen to me kid... when I was your age ( old man talking here) I was skinnier than you. I tried everything I could to just get some meat on my bones. Weight gainer, all that crap. Got to college, I filled in. I lifted, I looked good, it was grand.

Work your muscles. Get bigger muscles. At your age, dont try to aim for your waist for the love of god keep it small. Work on your pecs, your shoulders, your legs.... get them huge.

I am not saying don't work out your abs and what not. Do that. But dont concentrate on making it bigger... it will happen with all of the other work you are doing. I spent 5 years wanting a bigger waist, gave up and now im going to spend 5 trying to get a small waist.

Just saying.

krishna144 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should follow these tips that are mentioned below for increase the size of your waist.

Do Side Bends: Holding a weight in your hand, bend your torso toward that hand, now return to an upright position. Do this practice by both hands. This exercise increases the width of the waist.

Liberty Arabesque: First of all, you have to need a chair then stand facing the back of it. After that, expend your right leg and lift it into the air for some time and slowly slowly return your past position. Do same with your left leg.

Power lifting: You can also try power lifting exercises that actually will boost your waist.

Note: you should maintain a power diet that incorporates huge amount of carbs, fat and proteins.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Dumb thread, old thread