JRCmayne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Day 1: chest back legs Day 2: biceps, triceps,shoulders.. day 3: rest. overworkin???

IS doing a chest, back and leg day THEN doing a shoulder/bicep/tricep workout the next day overworking the arm muscles??? Any ideas on how to break it up? post your thoughts or questions

terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good luck with day 1 if your going really heavy. can't imagine that sht...

rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chest back leg day would be a fullbodyworkout day. Do chest/tri Back/bi legs/abs and shoulders
    Sheiko!

teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JRCmayne View Post
    IS doing a chest, back and leg day THEN doing a shoulder/bicep/tricep workout the next day overworking the arm muscles??? Any ideas on how to break it up? post your thoughts or questions
    best way to find out is to try it and see how your body responds to it. I'm running a 3 day routine wt the moment which is:

Day 1: Chest + Back
    Day 2: Legs + arms
    Day 3: Shoulders, Traps and core*

I just listen to my body and take rest days when i feel i need to.*

Originally Posted by rasse226 View Post
    Chest back leg day would be a fullbodyworkout day. Do chest/tri Back/bi legs/abs and shoulders
    Like day 1:chest, triceps, back, day 2: legs, biceps, abs and shoulders?

Originally Posted by teeeps View Post
    best way to find out is to try it and see how your body responds to it. I'm running a 3 day routine wt the moment which is:

Day 1: Chest + Back
    Day 2: Legs + arms
    Day 3: Shoulders, Traps and core*

I just listen to my body and take rest days when i feel i need to.*

Its intersting you say that last part, cuz im not sure if my gains are coming to a hault because of this new routine that im using. too soon to tell but it MIGHT not be working. i used to do fullbody workouts setup like Fullbody, rest, Fullbody, rest..etc. Then i tried the 3 day split sorta thing and ive gained muscle but i feel like i need to mix it up and setup a more effiecient routine...in terms of what muscles to work on which days. thanks for the opinion

jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    legs+back+biceps

i'm wondering if I should start with back then do legs and then biceps or back biceps legs?

after legs i probably won't be able to stand and do any work so i could do back biceps legs?

opinions on mine?

teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jarekd1234 View Post
    legs+back+biceps

i'm wondering if I should start with back then do legs and then biceps or back biceps legs?

after legs i probably won't be able to stand and do any work so i could do back biceps legs?

opinions on mine?
    I always do squats first if its leg day, gets the blood flowing fully and gets me pumped for the rest of the workout. I then finish legs later in the workout and do my arms before them. Doesn't really matter when you do them really you should have enough energy to work other body parts after legs if not then try drinking so pre workout during your workout or a drink high in glucose during your workout

Its intersting you say that last part, cuz im not sure if my gains are coming to a hault because of this new routine that im using. too soon to tell but it MIGHT not be working. i used to do fullbody workouts setup like Fullbody, rest, Fullbody, rest..etc. Then i tried the 3 day split sorta thing and ive gained muscle but i feel like i need to mix it up and setup a more effiecient routine...in terms of what muscles to work on which days. thanks for the opinion
    you may well have just come to the end of your newb gains which would explain slower level of progression. You'd know if your overtraining you'd feel constantly tired you'd develop aches/pains in your joints, you'd lose some motivation and your muscles would be constantly sore. It unlikely looking at your join date that you'd be able to fully overtrain and overstress your CNS so i'd just stick with that program for a least 8-12 weeks then look at the outcome. Just make sure your getting at least 1 rest day a week possibly two on that sort of program

KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you want to go against the grain and do something different, try chest/back on day 1, legs/abs on day 2, and shoulders/tris/bis on day 3. It seems every time I go back to this pattern, I get good results. It's tough but it stops your arms and shoulders from becoming overly fatigued since you have like 3 to 4 days inbetween day 1 and 3 (if you work out every other day). So far, it seems to be helping my lagging arm development.
    "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but
    considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"-Matthew 7:3 KJV

you may well have just come to the end of your newb gains which would explain slower level of progression. You'd know if your overtraining you'd feel constantly tired you'd develop aches/pains in your joints, you'd lose some motivation and your muscles would be constantly sore. It unlikely looking at your join date that you'd be able to fully overtrain and overstress your CNS so i'd just stick with that program for a least 8-12 weeks then look at the outcome. Just make sure your getting at least 1 rest day a week possibly two on that sort of program

Before, i never used to use a rest day. now i do. Just to clarify, i do Day 1(monday) then day two (tuesday) then day 3 Rest (wednesday) then i repeat this for the rest of the week

Originally Posted by KrazyKrautWop View Post
    If you want to go against the grain and do something different, try chest/back on day 1, legs/abs on day 2, and shoulders/tris/bis on day 3. It seems every time I go back to this pattern, I get good results. It's tough but it stops your arms and shoulders from becoming overly fatigued since you have like 3 to 4 days inbetween day 1 and 3 (if you work out every other day). So far, it seems to be helping my lagging arm development.
    ill try it out. thanks man

m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What you are doing is similar (not quite) to a push/pull. Perhaps try a push/pull (organize muscles that push during the movement into the same day and muscles that pull during the movement into the same day) or an upper/lower using the following workout days:

day 1: push
    day 2: pull
    day 3: off
    day 4: push
    day 5: pull
    day 6: off
    day 7: off

same thing for upper lower, just subtitute push for upper and pull for lower.

PS: quads and calves are push, hamstrings are pull.

Originally Posted by m4ttarama View Post
    What you are doing is similar (not quite) to a push/pull. Perhaps try a push/pull (organize muscles that push during the movement into the same day and muscles that pull during the movement into the same day) or an upper/lower using the following workout days:

day 1: push
    day 2: pull
    day 3: off
    day 4: push
    day 5: pull
    day 6: off
    day 7: off

same thing for upper lower, just subtitute push for upper and pull for lower.

PS: quads and calves are push, hamstrings are pull.

What are some examples of the "push" muscles? sorry, this is a first ive heard about this routine haha

m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m4ttarama is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are some examples of the "push" muscles? sorry, this is a first ive heard about this routine haha
    Push: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Quadriceps, Calves
    Pull: Back, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings, Abs

i can't see anything wrong with your current routine assuming your not doing too much volume per session. But push pull is also a very good program, basically push days are primarily push movemnts so chest, shoulders, triceps, quads and calves. Pull day revolves around hamstrings, abs, traps, lats, mid back and biceps

i can't see anything wrong with your current routine assuming your not doing too much volume per session. But push pull is also a very good program, basically push days are primarily push movemnts so chest, shoulders, triceps, quads and calves. Pull day revolves around hamstrings, abs, traps, lats, mid back and biceps

got it. thanks bros. ill make a routine sheet and post it soon and let me know what you think.

Sugar is fattening thenaturalguy's Avatar
    thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by m4ttarama View Post
    Push: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Quadriceps, Calves
    Pull: Back, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings, Abs
    What would a typical workout look like for this? How many sets/excersices per bodypart?
    IIFYM.
    I eat carbs after 6 p.m.*╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮ - Not a single f*** was given.
    100% natural bodybuilding.