Closed Thread
Page 53 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 4804
    Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey should I workout an hour before breaking fast or a couple hours after suhoor? The only over night gym is Golds and they charge a service fee and I'd only be there for 1 month. Don't know what to do
    Toronto is Bake crew
    Raptors-Jays-Leafs-Bills. Best 2/10 sport teams crew.
    Herniated Dick crew
    Mike Tyson admirer crew
    Homeboy Leroy crew

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chashma1 View Post
    If one prays in Jamaat at home, should the women of the household pray behind the men? (all are Mahrem)
    As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
    Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

Yes

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“The best rows of men in prayer are the first ones and the worst are the last. The best rows of women in prayer are the last and the worst are the first.” [Muslim]

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FryDude View Post
    Hey should I workout an hour before breaking fast or a couple hours after suhoor? The only over night gym is Golds and they charge a service fee and I'd only be there for 1 month. Don't know what to do

It's up to you and your energy level for this one. Try it out before maghreb or after suhoor and see what works best.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

I remember i asked you if Muslims can make movies about historical Islamic events which show religious figures, you tend to not like the idea every much.

So can we make a good movie say of Karbala?

Personally, I'm against depicting the Prophet (pbuh). Besides that, there's a difference of opinion on other religious figures.

There's actually a big movie series airing right now on the biography of Umar (may God be pleased with him) and there was some debate about this topic.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post

Personally, I'm against depicting the Prophet (pbuh). Besides that, there's a difference of opinion on other religious figures.

There's actually a big movie series airing right now on the biography of Umar (may God be pleased with him) and there was some debate about this topic.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    name of the series please?

so u're avoiding watching it?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Check it out:- http://www.tahara.ca/products.html

Assalamualikom ^_^!

name of the series please?

so u're avoiding watching it?
    The name is "Umar" and it's in Arabic.

It's not that I'm avoiding it, it looked really good. I just don't have time for that during Ramadan.

chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The name is "Umar" and it's in Arabic.

It's not that I'm avoiding it, it looked really good. I just don't have time for that during Ramadan.
    I did some research and turns out they'll be dubbing it in English and urdu as well. I'm gonna watch it if i can find it
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Assalamualikom ^_^!

DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I did some research and turns out they'll be dubbing it in English and urdu as well. I'm gonna watch it if i can find it
    post when you find it! but after Ramadan jazzakallahu khayran

Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aguy2diefor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sk, what are your thoughts about schizophrenia being the same as being possessed by jinns or seeing jinns. I've heard a few people suggest that the stage of schzoprenia where the person starts seeing things to a point that he/she believes is true that it could be a case of seeing the other world or being possessed..

Originally Posted by Aguy2diefor View Post
    Sk, what are your thoughts about schizophrenia being the same as being possessed by jinns or seeing jinns. I've heard a few people suggest that the stage of schzoprenia where the person starts seeing things to a point that he/she believes is true that it could be a case of seeing the other world or being possessed..

Maybe in some cases there are similar symptoms, but I don't think we should collapse all personality disorders or all types of schizophrenia to cases of possession.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstrwaheed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Salam, Big beard brothers, what kind of trimmer do you guys use? is their anything out on the market that's like a 2" + guard? it would make taking care of my beard so much easier. Everything seems like its less than an inch guard that's out on the market. Wasalam and JZK.

iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iRelentless has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your opinion on halal but not "zabiha" meat? I know people who will eat meat at restaurants and fast food joins while others will only eat meat they get from the Islamic meat market. Which is the way to go and is the fast food meat haram?

Originally Posted by iRelentless View Post
    What is your opinion on halal but not "zabiha" meat? I know people who will eat meat at restaurants and fast food joins while others will only eat meat they get from the Islamic meat market. Which is the way to go and is the fast food meat haram?
    Something is either halal meat or it isn't. People wrongly think that just because meat doesn't contain pork that it is "halal". This is not true and this is the reason most food at fast-food joints or restaurants are not halal.

There are basically three conditions for a valid slaughter according to the Shariah:

a) Most of the four veins (including the Jugular vein, according to some) must cut with a tool that is sharp and has a cutting edge;

b) The name of Allah must be taken at the time of slaughtering, whether actually or effectively (such as when it is forgotten by someone who would normally have said it); and

c) The slaughterer must be either a Muslim or from the People of the Book (Ahl al-Kitab). [As mentioned Haskafi and Ibn Abidin in Radd al-Muhtar `ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar]

It should be also remembered here, that all these conditions are necessary individually and separately. Failure to fulfill them will render the animal unlawful.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=2492&CATE=127

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mstrwaheed View Post
    Salam, Big beard brothers, what kind of trimmer do you guys use? is their anything out on the market that's like a 2" + guard? it would make taking care of my beard so much easier. Everything seems like its less than an inch guard that's out on the market. Wasalam and JZK.
    walakoum salam

me personally when i started growing it, it was like patches one side with more hair than the other. So i trimmed all of it. leveled it all and just it it grow. now i just use a scissor to keep it nice and balanced.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems here that one can wipe over normal sucks weather its cotton or leather.
    http://islamqa.info/en/cat/2035

1) Do each Madhabs have different opinions on wiping the socks of today?
    Last edited by Kurd4evah; 07-22-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) etcho98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Something is either halal meat or it isn't. People wrongly think that just because meat doesn't contain pork that it is "halal". This is not true and this is the reason most food at fast-food joints or restaurants are not halal.

There are basically three conditions for a valid slaughter according to the Shariah:

a) Most of the four veins (including the Jugular vein, according to some) must cut with a tool that is sharp and has a cutting edge;

b) The name of Allah must be taken at the time of slaughtering, whether actually or effectively (such as when it is forgotten by someone who would normally have said it); and

c) The slaughterer must be either a Muslim or from the People of the Book (Ahl al-Kitab). [As mentioned Haskafi and Ibn Abidin in Radd al-Muhtar `ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar]

It should be also remembered here, that all these conditions are necessary individually and separately. Failure to fulfill them will render the animal unlawful.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=2492&CATE=127
    Are there any sort of scientific evidence or studies that show slaughtering cattle this way renders the meat healthier than other methods

Originally Posted by etcho98 View Post
    Are there any sort of scientific evidence or studies that show slaughtering cattle this way renders the meat healthier than other methods
    \

I know of two concepts you can google: the risk of eating rare meat and the physiological harms of slaughtering animals by stunning/electrocution.

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...=1773&CATE=127

http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...ing-rare-beef/

Registered User BigTruckGuy3500's Avatar
    BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Something is either halal meat or it isn't. People wrongly think that just because meat doesn't contain pork that it is "halal".
    I think most Muslims know better than to think any non-pork meat is halal, but they try to justify eating it in different ways. Some say it's the food of the people of the book, some say if no zabiha is available then we need our nutrition, and some say that there's no difference between the recording playing overhead while they slaughter the meat and them saying it before eating the meat. I've pretty much given up trying to convince these people otherwise unless I feel they actually don't know any better, and aren't purposely trying to justify something they know is wrong.

Originally Posted by etcho98 View Post
    Don't know about specific studies, but it's common for hunters to gut deer as quickly as possible and prop open the gut with a stick so air goes in quickly and cools down the meat. Blood is mostly water, and water holds a lot of heat, so removing the blood helps cool down the meat faster, making bacterial growth slightly harder.

N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000)
    late Ramadan Mubarak to everyone.

Hope everyone is taking advantage of this beautiful month before it passes us by. Also continue making dua this Ramadan for many of our brothers in Syria, Burma and other Muslim countries who are being oppressed.
    Last edited by N.W.A; 07-24-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)
    What did you have for Iftar or will be having for suhoor? Do you have a feast? different varities of food to choose from?

A Sheikh ended up in tears when he was recently asked a question by a ****lian brother about Fasting -

"Is my fast valid if I'm not able to eat or drink anything for Sehri or for Iftar?"

Will you leave half the food on the plate now? Will you reject this and that?
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Salaam.

1) What is the ruling on a person who says they are neither Shia or Sunni, they say I am just Muslim, is this possible to be? Are we obligated to not call ourselves just Muslims?

2) Is it haraam to dislike Shias? Some things I have heard from there mouths is so bad that they can be considered non-Muslims, find it really displeasing to say the least.

3) What is this prayer Itkikaff? (sp) I read it in your schedule for your routine in Ramadan, never done it before.

Salaam.
    Hi, Peace.

Originally Posted by Jericho786 View Post
    Salaam.

1) What is the ruling on a person who says they are neither Shia or Sunni, they say I am just Muslim, is this possible to be? Are we obligated to not call ourselves just Muslims?

2) Is it haraam to dislike Shias? Some things I have heard from there mouths is so bad that they can be considered non-Muslims, find it really displeasing to say the least.

3) What is this prayer Itkikaff? (sp) I read it in your schedule for your routine in Ramadan, never done it before.

Salaam.

1) One can call themselves Muslims, but in the end, they have a set of beliefs. What those beliefs are will then categorize them into some group.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post855154013

2) It depends on the individual, but some members of that sect have such skewed beliefs that they are no longer considered Muslims:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post572356091

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post588081963

I've attached the various info on this topic:

http://www.crocko.com/41F0DEF9A08D4D..._on_Shias.docx

3) I don't think I mentioned itikaf, but it means spending time in the Mosque and not leaving it (i.e. sleeping and worshiping there for a few days). It's a highly emphatic sunnah for someone in the community to do so in the Mosque in the last 10 days of Ramadan.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abovatu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wondering do you work out during ramadan?

Originally Posted by FryDude View Post
    Try few hours before Iftar, that way u can eat right after and not have to worry about going extremely thirsty/hungry throughout the day.

Assalamualikom ^_^!

SK
    1)Is it true that revelations began on what would be Eid-ul-fitr and ended on Eid-ul-adha?
    Heard it in a lecture, trying to verify.

2) What is the last ritual for Hajj?

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Originally Posted by abovatu View Post
    Just wondering do you work out during ramadan?
    Yes, I just came back from arm day. I usually work out right before breaking the fast.

SK
    1)Is it true that revelations began on what would be Eid-ul-fitr and ended on Eid-ul-adha?
    Heard it in a lecture, trying to verify.

2) What is the last ritual for Hajj?

1) That would take time to verify, but I'm sure it's found in some tafsir (exegesis) book on the first and last verses to be revealed. Keep in mind that when the first verse was revealed, "eid" didn't even exist yet, since the requirement to fast came later. Also, the Qur'an speaks about the Qur'an being revealed on "laylat al qadr" which would occur during Ramadan, not eid.

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=336&CATE=6

2) The farewell circumnambulation, two rakat, and supplication. See section j11

http://www.shafiifiqh.com/maktabah/r...ftraveller.pdf

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Going by ur last sentence regarding laylatal qadr, What is there to verify? Isn't it definitive that what I posted is false?

1) That would take time to verify, but I'm sure it's found in some tafsir (exegesis) book on the first and last verses to be revealed. Keep in mind that when the first verse was revealed, "eid" didn't even exist yet, since the requirement to fast came later. Also, the Qur'an speaks about the Qur'an being revealed on "laylat al qadr" which would occur during Ramadan, not eid.

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=336&CATE=6

2) The farewell circumnambulation, two rakat, and supplication. See section j11

http://www.shafiifiqh.com/maktabah/r...ftraveller.pdf

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Going by ur last sentence regarding laylatal qadr, What is there to verify? Isn't it definitive that what I posted is false?
    There's a difference of opinion on when laylat al qadr is or whether it falls on the same day each year. So it's an open answer.

Saklamou Alakoum

Insha'Allah everyone is making the most of the blessed month.

1) regarding istikaf, what is the full ruling on that? can you leave the masjid? how exactly does it go?

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast