The Physique Enthusiast Rasc170's Avatar
    Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Concerned About High Estradiol Levels

I got bloodwork done and my Testosterone is 410 ng./pl. the normal range is 241-827, estradiol is 60 ng./pl. and the normal range for a man is 0-53, and DHT is 6 ng./pl. and the normal range is 30-85. Im a 30 year old male taking Proscar and dutasteride for male pattern baldness, that's why my dht is so low. I want to ask you guys, since my estradiol level a little bit higher than the normal range, what effect is it having on my bodybuilding efforts? I dont want to drop the drugs since they are working and i'd take hair > muscles any day. When people take steroids aren't their estradiol levels high also? And this might be asking a bit much, but maybe someone here is familiar with blood work and can tell me something about my testosterone level. It's the normal range, but on the lower side of the spectrum. Can I still build muscles with these kinds of hormone levels?
    4k+ my friends call me Ras

Being strong and fat is like being skinny with abs. Neither of them count

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your high estradiol level is quite likely due to your proscar use. If you block the conversion of testosterone to DHT it will increase the conversion to estradiol. High estradiol is not good for men. I have used Arimidex to lower my estradiol. Your low DHT could cause problems. I personally would not try to lower DHT unless it is abnormally high. DHT is important in the normal functioning of the male body. See the following;

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Simply blocking one hormone will always cause problems. You need to look at all hormones and their interaction with each other. I would get a good doc that will do this. They are not easy to find. Is having hair also more important than a normal sex life? That is just oen things. Many problems will follow. They do now have topical treatments that help your hair and not mess up your entire system.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rasc170 View Post
    I got bloodwork done and my Testosterone is 410 ng./pl. the normal range is 241-827, estradiol is 60 ng./pl. and the normal range for a man is 0-53, and DHT is 6 ng./pl. and the normal range is 30-85. Im a 30 year old male taking Proscar and dutasteride for male pattern baldness, that's why my dht is so low. I want to ask you guys, since my estradiol level a little bit higher than the normal range, what effect is it having on my bodybuilding efforts? I dont want to drop the drugs since they are working and i'd take hair > muscles any day. When people take steroids aren't their estradiol levels high also? And this might be asking a bit much, but maybe someone here is familiar with blood work and can tell me something about my testosterone level. It's the normal range, but on the lower side of the spectrum. Can I still build muscles with these kinds of hormone levels?

You are in the wrong forum...

carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Remember that blood test is just a single snapshot in time. Levels rise and fall depending on different things.

CK
    Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock.

The Physique Enthusiast Rasc170's Avatar
    Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rasc170 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
    Simply blocking one hormone will always cause problems. You need to look at all hormones and their interaction with each other. I would get a good doc that will do this. They are not easy to find. Is having hair also more important than a normal sex life? That is just oen things. Many problems will follow. They do now have topical treatments that help your hair and not mess up your entire system.
    I've tried pretty much all the topicals and while they make up a part of everything I use for my hair, they wont work just on their own. The only thing I havent tried is Spiro, which I'm going to get within a month or so here. My sex life is fine, though. I can get it up and sex is the same it was before I started the drugs. The only sides, I've experience so far is the increase in fat around the stomach and chest area. Hopefully with the right diet and training I can burn that off...but since we're dealing with hormones, it might not be possible.

Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    Your high estradiol level is quite likely due to your proscar use. If you block the conversion of testosterone to DHT it will increase the conversion to estradiol. High estradiol is not good for men. I have used Arimidex to lower my estradiol. Your low DHT could cause problems. I personally would not try to lower DHT unless it is abnormally high. DHT is important in the normal functioning of the male body. See the following;

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm
    If I may ask, why do you use armidex? Have you gotten any sides from taking it? My estradiol is only slightly higher than the normal range and therefore, I may be able to get away with something less potent like pygeum to lower estradiol levels. Remember, the normal range is from 0-53 for men and mine is a 60. Not too far off, albeit the high end of the spectrum.

Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    You are in the wrong forum...
    I'm always in the wrong forum when it comes to this subject. People on the hairloss forums cant understand me, because to them the hell with how everything else looks as long as you got hair on your head. And you guys can't understand me, because the drugs I'm taking to save my hair is probably making it harder for me to gain mass. Kinda like first generation americans. The people in your home country dont consider you one of their own and the people in your new country dont accept you as their own either.

Originally Posted by carbkilla View Post
    Remember that blood test is just a single snapshot in time. Levels rise and fall depending on different things.

CK
    Yes, I understand this. That's why I'm going to make sure to monitor it by taking this test every 6 months and comparing the changes.

So, my question still to the people that understand bloodwork and something about estradiol levels. What effect will this have on my body, especially concerning building muscle?
    4k+ my friends call me Ras

Being strong and fat is like being skinny with abs. Neither of them count

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i'd take hair > muscles any day.
    I'd take muscles over hair anyday myself.

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As long as we're on the topic, I stumbled across this interesting diagram of what turns into what the other day.

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Out of whack hormone balance isn't just about muscle or hair. It's about mood, energy, fat placement, sex drive and a host of illnesses that can develop from that imbalance.

I'd rather have a healthy, strong, lean, energetic body that rises to the occasion any day.

By the time you hit 40 you'll feel 70. And I would bet that you'll still have hair problems.
    Last edited by tonester; 01-07-2010 at 03:46 AM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    As long as we're on the topic, I stumbled across this interesting diagram of what turns into what the other day.
    That must be one of those "morning wood" trees......

Its an illness....sorry
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If I may ask, why do you use armidex? Have you gotten any sides from taking it? My estradiol is only slightly higher than the normal range and therefore, I may be able to get away with something less potent like pygeum to lower estradiol levels. Remember, the normal range is from 0-53 for men and mine is a 60. Not too far off, albeit the high end of the spectrum.
    My estradiol got up to about 42, and I started having nipple pain. I used Arimidex for a couple of months to get it down. Now if I start to feel nipple pain coming on, I take it for a short time. I've read that the ideal for men is around 20.
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce