prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How to Get Defined Arms.

How much Cardio should I be doing a week to get my arms defined. I have alot of muscle just doesnt show due to excess skin. And how many reps should I be doing for my triceps/biceps.? I'm doing 8-10 right now..

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    first of all what is your current arm routine? and it's not all about cardio, diet is the key

Currently eating

Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by prodigy1290 View Post
    excess skin
    I am not too familiar with the problem of "excess skin." Are your muscles actually surrounded by an irregularly large quantity of skin or are you just sensitive and using the word skin in the place of the word fat?

Your rep ranges of course depend on the number of sets you are doing, what lift you are doing, what week it is, whether the groundhog saw his shadow, and whatever you feel like doing at the time. 8-10 is fine for most exercises but you can do less or more week to week. Your question isn't specific enough for us to be able to give you a real answer to that.

You can do cardio every day or as much as you want if you are trying to burn fat. Your diet and lifestyle are also even more important factors when it comes to weight management. Once again, we need you to be a lot more specific about your situation, what lifts you currently do, how much cardio you do, what your diet is like, and so on if you want us to be able to give responses that are actually helpful.

prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bis-
    Incline Dumbell curls-8,8,10
    Hammer Curls-8,8,10
    Standing Bicep Curls-8,8,10

Tris-
    Cable Extensions-8,8,10
    Dips-8,8, till failure
    Overhead extensions 8,8,10
    (cant do too much cause of my elbows.)
    and cardio bout 3x a week

What u guys think?

I would put pics up, but my other comp. is dead.

Originally Posted by Pro-Choice View Post
    I am not too familiar with the problem of "excess skin." Are your muscles actually surrounded by an irregularly large quantity of skin or are you just sensitive and using the word skin in the place of the word fat?

Your rep ranges of course depend on the number of sets you are doing, what lift you are doing, what week it is, whether the groundhog saw his shadow, and whatever you feel like doing at the time. 8-10 is fine for most exercises but you can do less or more week to week. Your question isn't specific enough for us to be able to give you a real answer to that.

You can do cardio every day or as much as you want if you are trying to burn fat. Your diet and lifestyle are also even more important factors when it comes to weight management. Once again, we need you to be a lot more specific about your situation, what lifts you currently do, how much cardio you do, what your diet is like, and so on if you want us to be able to give responses that are actually helpful.
    LOL, yea alright its fat..i have a good diet started about 2months ago, and I have a very fast metabolism, but i cant seem to get my arms very defined. My abs are started to come in very well., but all i need are my arms.

Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pro-Choice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you only work arms in the gym or do you do the rest of your body as well? If you try to lose fat to make your arms defined you might be disappointed if you aren't also doing lifts for the rest of the body.

I would recommend that you find a lifting routine created by a professional. I guarantee you will have more success than trying to make one up on your own. If you are serious about lifting then you definitely need to be doing more barbell/dumbbell lifts rather than machines. Bench press will get you miles ahead of doing isolation exercises like cable extensions. The key to getting bigger is being able to push yourself. With exercises like bench/military press, you are going to be able to add weight to the bar on a frequent basis. With exercises like cable extensions, you probably are going to find it hard to get stronger and push yourself to do more every week.

If you have been consistently losing fat since you started your diet/cardio, then I would keep doing what you are doing and hope that it continues. There are really only 2 ways to lose fat, cut it off with a sharp knife (not recommended) or do use more calories than you consume. If your fat loss slows, then an increase in the amount of cardio could be in order.

Of course, the type of cardio you are doing also is a big factor. If you are running, you could try swimming or HIIT. If you haven't heard of HIIT, it is what most people recommend for fat loss. I don't personally do it but I am not trying to lose weight. I would if I was. Also if you tell me that you are one of those guys that only works arms out and has no intention of lifting for the entire rest of your body, then I can't really help you any further cause unless you lift for your entire body you're never really going to be satisfied. Also can you be more specific about your diet? Do you know approximately how much protein you consume per day?

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what does your whole training program look like?

Originally Posted by Pro-Choice View Post
    Do you only work arms in the gym or do you do the rest of your body as well? If you try to lose fat to make your arms defined you might be disappointed if you aren't also doing lifts for the rest of the body.

I would recommend that you find a lifting routine created by a professional. I guarantee you will have more success than trying to make one up on your own. If you are serious about lifting then you definitely need to be doing more barbell/dumbbell lifts rather than machines. Bench press will get you miles ahead of doing isolation exercises like cable extensions. The key to getting bigger is being able to push yourself. With exercises like bench/military press, you are going to be able to add weight to the bar on a frequent basis. With exercises like cable extensions, you probably are going to find it hard to get stronger and push yourself to do more every week.

If you have been consistently losing fat since you started your diet/cardio, then I would keep doing what you are doing and hope that it continues. There are really only 2 ways to lose fat, cut it off with a sharp knife (not recommended) or do use more calories than you consume. If your fat loss slows, then an increase in the amount of cardio could be in order.

Of course, the type of cardio you are doing also is a big factor. If you are running, you could try swimming or HIIT. If you haven't heard of HIIT, it is what most people recommend for fat loss. I don't personally do it but I am not trying to lose weight. I would if I was. Also if you tell me that you are one of those guys that only works arms out and has no intention of lifting for the entire rest of your body, then I can't really help you any further cause unless you lift for your entire body you're never really going to be satisfied. Also can you be more specific about your diet? Do you know approximately how much protein you consume per day?

Thanks for the response, No i have a full routine, i do legs twice a week due to baseball coming up and i need to get stronger but im just trying to get that ripped look that everyone wants.

where can i get a professional to recommend a workout? think you could recommend something for me? thanks..

Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    what does your whole training program look like?
    Shoulders/traps/abs
    Biceps/triceps
    Quads/hamstrings/calves
    Chest/abs
    back/calves

reps-8,8,10
    Cardio every other day, or at least i try.