lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bulking: Macros look okay?

I am 5'10" and 158 lbs.

TDEE is ~2800 kcal. Recently started bulking with 3000 kcal. Track everything I eat.

Here is my average daily intake for the last 1 week. Some days were higher, some lower. These are averages over the week.
    Calories: 3030
    Protein: 185 g
    Fat: 98 g
    Carb: 387 g
    Fiber: 57 g

Do these numbers look okay?

By the way, I actually lost some weight over this one week so perhaps my TDEE estimate is off and I need to up my caloric intake. I will increase a bit and re-evaluate.
    Last edited by lifebeckons75; 11-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It all really depends on the person. Those numbers aren't anything crazy though. You have enough protein and you seem to understand the importance of including fiber in your diet. Some people may like more carbs and less fat, but it's extremely individual. One week isn't really enough to evaluate weight change. Two weeks is a better time period to evaluate over to decide whether you need to increase calories. Of course your training is going to be the main thing that dictates your success. Good luck!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Philippians 4:13

No one can limit my success

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149434003

Goals before I'm 30: PhD and natural pro card.

GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^ Exactly. THe only person that can make that decision whether their perfect macros is yourself. You have to track progress on those numbers and if your reacting well them,keep them at that. If your not seeing results then you must rerange them. Simple as that.
    IForce Nutrition Compete Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145939303

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    It all really depends on the person. Those numbers aren't anything crazy though. You have enough protein and you seem to understand the importance of including fiber in your diet. Some people may like more carbs and less fat, but it's extremely individual. One week isn't really enough to evaluate weight change. Two weeks is a better time period to evaluate over to decide whether you need to increase calories. Of course your training is going to be the main thing that dictates your success. Good luck!
    Yep.

As Reid said, nothing looks too crazy like when 150lb people post their macros and it's like 400g protein. You'll just have to play around with it until you stumble into a range that you find 'works best for you'.

danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    387 carbs? Isnt that a bit excessive? Can you tell me what you´re eating? You must be so stuffed man.

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by danezcou3 View Post
    387 carbs? Isnt that a bit excessive? Can you tell me what you´re eating? You must be so stuffed man.
    Excessive is relative to the individual, but I can't see 387g carbs being too hard for anybody to eat. I'm 171-172lbs and I'm on 530g atm.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    Great post.

I'd also like to add that the OP is consuming sufficient fat as well, which is very important.

Thus, all the basics are covered, which means it's time for the OP to put his diet to the ultimate test: try it and adjust based on empirical findings.

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Macros look fine to me. Good luck OP.

danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RubenOlivares View Post
    Excessive is relative to the individual, but I can't see 387g carbs being too hard for anybody to eat. I'm 171-172lbs and I'm on 530g atm.
    I eat about 150 grams of oats per morning, of which is 75 carbs, and im so full that i could easily make that my only meal of the day. Please enlighten me as of how you people manage to eat this much, because im having difficulties seeing how i would be able to.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^ because we don't have the stomachs of adolescent girls
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    ^^ because we don't have the stomachs of adolescent girls
    Yea, neither do i, thats why i don´t get it.

I´m pretty new in bodybuilding, and i´m just recently hearing about the insane amounts of food i have to stuff down my throat for maximum physical efficiency.

I would have to eat 5 whole cups of oatmeal per day to fulfill the requirements. which is pretty nuts i think.
    Last edited by danezcou3; 11-10-2012 at 06:46 AM.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by danezcou3 View Post
    Yea, neither do i, thats why i don´t get it.

I´m pretty new in bodybuilding, and i´m just recently hearing about the insane amounts of food i have to stuff down my throat for maximum physical efficiency.

I would have to eat 5 whole cups of oatmeal per day to fulfill the requirements. which is pretty nuts i think.
    I've eaten a **** ton of rice,chicken,ice cream, milk and cookies today and could still happily devour a tub of ben and jerrys and a couple plates of steak and potatoes.

How you struggle to eat 75g of carbs a day is beyond me and beyond most of the forum
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    I've eaten a **** ton of rice,chicken,ice cream, milk and cookies today and could still happily devour a tub of ben and jerrys and a couple plates of steak and potatoes.

How you struggle to eat 75g of carbs a day is beyond me and beyond most of the forum
    I´m not exactly struggling, i´m just saying that, my protein intake plus the 150 grams of oats per day, is enough for me to not feel any hunger whatsoever, and eating much more than that would feel pointless to me. but considering that i´ve always eaten very little food (not very good appetite) might explain why i feel this is way too much. I guess i just have to force myself to go through with it. My body will become accustomed to it eventually.

lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifebeckons75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you all for the great replies!

I will stick with 3000 cals for another week and see what the scale says.

To the person asking how can I eat 387 grams of carbs in a day and does it make me stuffed? No. I love eating carbs and can easily go much above that so have to control myself.

On a typical day, my carbs come from:
    Oats,
    Bread,
    Rice,
    Vegetables (spinach, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers etc.),
    ice cream,
    cookie.
    fruits (bananas, apples, peaches, berries etc.),
    potato chips,
    etc.