FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)

What % of your bodyweight is a good power snatch weight?

i usually look here for strength standards:

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html

but it doesn't have power snatch listed, only power clean.

what would be beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.?

and also, how about 1-arm DB snatch as well? (same question)

thanks guys.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    In weightlifting the snatch is typically ~80% of the C&J.

Other than that, I would say an athlete (non-weightlifter) who power snatch body weight is doing well.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    In weightlifting the snatch is typically ~80% of the C&J.

Other than that, I would say an athlete (non-weightlifter) who power snatch body weight is doing well.

And that fact blows my mind .I sorta can grasp how c&j is done (and with practically no training can power clean 200 ) , but snatch... - I can barely snatch the bar, I can't grasp how to move anything approaching BW with it

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dark_MadMax View Post
    And that fact blows my mind .I sorta can grasp how c&j is done (and with practically no training can power clean 200 ) , but snatch... - I can barely snatch the bar, I can't grasp how to move anything approaching BW with it
    Don't think of it as swinging the bar up, think of it as shrugging up and over your body.

Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dark_MadMax View Post
    How can you not snatch the bar?

Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    Don't think of it as swinging the bar up, think of it as shrugging up and over your body.
    Thanks -great vid .

How can you not snatch the bar?
    I didnt say I cant (but it took me sometimes to get even to that -mainly because of my shoulder flexibility).

And actually today after watching vid I hang snatched 65 (lol I know ridiculously low weight but better than the bar!)