Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    wants to be called Dan. hcoyle545's Avatar
    hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haven't posted here in a while, looks like you're running with the 5/3/1 man good stuff and some srsly good lifts. You mentioned above somewhere that you were dissapoint @ only squatting once per week. I'm in my 3rd week of Wendler's 5/3/1 full body template that he mentions in his latest edition of his book and absolutely loving it.

It's only 3 days a week, and uses the exact same principles and the exact same lifts. I'll give you an example of my week incase you're intredasted.

Monday
    Squats (Deload %s)
    Bench 5/3/1
    BB Rows

Wednesday
    Squats (Deload %s)
    Deads 5/3/1
    DB Bench Press

Friday
    Squats 5/3/1
    OHP 5/3/1
    Chinups

This is srsly the money if you go balls to the wall you don't need anything more, though of course adding in some direct ab/bi/tri work is unlikely to fcuk anything up. Wendler used it as a way to get 'under the bar' more (squatz) after his motorbike accident.
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

April 12

5/3/1 Wave B 2

Weight - n/a

SQUATS
    80% 65kgx3
    85% 70kgx3
    90% 72.5kgx10 PR

Accessory Work

Seated LP
    340x10x3
    340x12 pr

Lying LC
    6ppsx15, 13, 13, 12

Standing CR
    23pps x 16, 12, 15

Planks
    1:50 Pr
    1:40

Cardio/study
    treadmill - 71 mins, 774 cals

Squats felt surprisingly great today. First two sets went down super easy, with my last set I just kept pumping out reps until I felt form break down... my partner said they were the best squats he's seen, quite a booster! I had a pre WO sample pack which I gave a try today, didn't really feel anything honestly lol oh well. Accessorry work was bangin', hit a PR on just about everything, legs are sore as FUK.

It's now been about a week and a half since I've stopped counting, and a couple of points.
    1 - I'm a lot less stressed, I think that mainly has to do with reverse dieting, where suddenly I found I was becoming way more anal about counting to a tee...
    2 - after religiously counting for 3+ years and coming from an eating disorder I find it very hard to judge hunger signals which is what I'm going by... needless to say I'm quite sure I haven't been eating enough, I'm not worrying about how many kcals I'm getting per meal, just going by what I want to eat and honestly the satisfaction of the meal is way better than when I was tracking. However as I mentioned it means I've been aimlessly attempting to make up calories at the end of the day, usually through easter eggs atm ...anyway my whole point of this is that I may consider trying a meal plan of some sort, that way I know I need to get a certain amount of meals in per day and sufficiently hit calories

Food

Nachos Burger
    tripe cheese corn chips, taco spice kangaroo mince, guacamole, sour cream, salad

Was my fathers birthday on tuesday so I made him dark choc chip pancakes for breakfast, he couldn't finish them all so he let me have leftovers

Dark choc chip pancakes

We went to this burger place in the city which is getting a lot of attention lately; Pretty awesome, the regular burgers are 1/2lb and you get to choose between blue cheese, swiss, cheddar or brie. I got a regular with blue cheese

Originally Posted by prolvr View Post
    ^ never compare yourself to other people thats going to lead you down a bad road, Everything looks good up in here though
    lol yeah don't worry mate I don't compare myself to others, but I like to remain modest especially when there are so many inspiringly strong people here

Originally Posted by Thewix View Post
    Have you ever had any shoulder problems? I hurt my rotator cuff and have been advised not to drop the weight that low, just bring my elbows down so they're perpendicular to the floor, the raise the weight again. Just saying man, shoulder injuries suck a fat one.

Also - the weight, is it 40KG plus the bar? The bar at my gym weighs 20KG so I always factor that in.
    bar is factored in yeah

I'll definitely keep that in mind! My brother had a really bad shoulder injury which put him off the gym for a year so I can understand they would be terrible. The biggest shoulder issue I have is that I've got a clear imbalance in that my right gives out before my left

Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    Maybe its your rapidly increasing strength that's throwing your estimates way off. You killed that workout, PRs across the board!
    cheers brother

Originally Posted by hcoyle545 View Post
    Haven't posted here in a while, looks like you're running with the 5/3/1 man good stuff and some srsly good lifts. You mentioned above somewhere that you were dissapoint @ only squatting once per week. I'm in my 3rd week of Wendler's 5/3/1 full body template that he mentions in his latest edition of his book and absolutely loving it.

It's only 3 days a week, and uses the exact same principles and the exact same lifts. I'll give you an example of my week incase you're intredasted.

Monday
    Squats (Deload %s)
    Bench 5/3/1
    BB Rows

Wednesday
    Squats (Deload %s)
    Deads 5/3/1
    DB Bench Press

Friday
    Squats 5/3/1
    OHP 5/3/1
    Chinups

This is srsly the money if you go balls to the wall you don't need anything more, though of course adding in some direct ab/bi/tri work is unlikely to fcuk anything up. Wendler used it as a way to get 'under the bar' more (squatz) after his motorbike accident.
    Thanks a ton for that man, looks like a great set up! and yeah while I'd enjoy squatting more than once a week it isn't an enormous deal for me atm. That isn't to say that I don't believe it wouldn't be beneficial, as I realise it would... but I'm still very new to 5/3/1 and have no issues with how my set up is currently so I'll keep at it for a little while, but I'll definitely keep it in mind for the future

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sometimes a break from counting is good. Congrats on the squat pr
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Sometimes a break from counting is good. Congrats on the squat pr
    it was a PR with the new program style, not sure what my squat max is tbh...

The plan is this to be a permanent break I just need to learn how to eat enough lol

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man that was a cool update. I wish my dad was into things like pancakes, not that I'm ever around to whip him up a batch on his birthday!

It's interesting you talk about eating enough, because by coincidence a buddy of mine who I haven't spoken to in a while got in touch with me last night. He is a hardcore ecto type who not only has trouble eating enough to gain weight, but actively does not enjoy eating that much. We're talking the perfect storm of factors to prevent weight gain. Then I mentioned shakes to him and he got all excited when I started going into all the possibilities.

Now in your case I'm not concerned that you won't eat enough food to grow, but without counting it IS difficult to ensure you are consistently in surplus. So I was thinking you probably don't need a meal plan as such, just aim to include some kind of food item that will guaranteed put you over by a reasonable amount for the day. It can be ice cream or something junky, but you could equally make it something that you know has a good balance of the three macros (like some awesome blender shake). I mean you already have a good background knowledge of your intake, so you must have some idea of the "excess" you need to get things going.

5/3/1 Wave B 2

weight - 67.5

BENCH
    80% 75kgx3
    85% 80kgx3
    90% 85kgx3 + 1 assisted

Accessory Work

DB Incline
    20kgx 16, 16, 15, 15

Dips
    BWx12x4

DB Flyes
    15kgx15, 15, 12

Kneeing tricep extension
    6ppsx10x2

Planks
    2:00 PR, 1:25

Cardio
    elliptical lvl 17 - 38:50, 600 cals

Fuark bench was a beast to punch through today. After that 2nd set I knew my final set at 90% was going to be a tough one. I approached it with butterflies, and pushed as hard as I fcuking well could to get those 3 reps, I went for a 4th and gave it my all but that was my point of failure. Very solid in terms of the appropriate numbers then I'd say, although I would have liked to perhaps get 4-5 on my last, but I'll take what I can, and bloody OATH it felt good. Accessorry stuff today was pretty great, everything felt relatively light and speed/power was high. Had to swap to the elliptical for cardio today, stairmasters were being fixed or somethin... no biggie, got it done Time to try and blast through as much of my nutrition assignment as possible so I can have a free night!! Wish me luck

Food

'roo burger with gorgonzola

'roo & fried noodles

mexican 'roo & gorgonzola pizza x 2
    1st

2nd

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Man that was a cool update. I wish my dad was into things like pancakes, not that I'm ever around to whip him up a batch on his birthday!

It's interesting you talk about eating enough, because by coincidence a buddy of mine who I haven't spoken to in a while got in touch with me last night. He is a hardcore ecto type who not only has trouble eating enough to gain weight, but actively does not enjoy eating that much. We're talking the perfect storm of factors to prevent weight gain. Then I mentioned shakes to him and he got all excited when I started going into all the possibilities.

Now in your case I'm not concerned that you won't eat enough food to grow, but without counting it IS difficult to ensure you are consistently in surplus. So I was thinking you probably don't need a meal plan as such, just aim to include some kind of food item that will guaranteed put you over by a reasonable amount for the day. It can be ice cream or something junky, but you could equally make it something that you know has a good balance of the three macros (like some awesome blender shake). I mean you already have a good background knowledge of your intake, so you must have some idea of the "excess" you need to get things going.
    not to get into too much detail but my mum hasn't been well for quite some time so my dad has had to pull extra weight with just about every job imagineable, he has a LOT on his plate and still managed to be an awesome dad so I really wanted to try and do something special for his birthday this year to show him how much I appreciate it.... love him to death.

I would actually consider using shakes as an 'energy' supplement, though only when other factors wouldn't allow me for something more... tasty

Hitting the nail on the head regarding surplus - it's funny, the biggest difference I've found regarding tracking vs not tracking is the mental satisfaction with my meals, to me at least it really seems to just be about the old saying of 'finishing everything on my plate', where as when I'm tracking it's 'gotta get this many calories in and only then will I be satisfied'. Even if I am not managing to hit a caloric surplus I much prefer how it is now, I feel NORMAL again. With that being said - as you mentioned - I have a decent understanding of roughly how much I'll need to be eating, but that wasn't the initial idea of me stopping tracking, the idea was for me to learn not to have to pish posh about tracking, and instead re-establish and learn to trust my own hunger signals again, and in the end just eat what I want without giving a sh!t about the calories/macros/whatever (within reason of course )

So priority number 1 is that, and then after I have that sorted I'll sort out the surplus issue, but I had the same idea as what you said - I figured I'd go with a nice sludge prebed meal because A) I fuarking love it and B) gives me a very decent amount of protein incase I have been slacking in that for the day (because after everything is said and done I'd still like to get sufficient protein ) and C) can offer a decent amount of energy

jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000)
    SOLID roo intake! How much is that all up?

Also, sorry as I'm sure you've been asked this before but what pizza bases do you use?

farking good bench too!

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome bench pressin bro.
    Loving the new avi as well. That wheels shot is priceless.
    BTW, you're the new roo master on bb.com Have not seen anyone else ever make such good use of it. I mean come on? ROO BURGERS+ROO PIZZA! Brendbro is currently winning

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sick new avi. Sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope things get better
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by jzpowahz View Post
    SOLID roo intake! How much is that all up?

Also, sorry as I'm sure you've been asked this before but what pizza bases do you use?

farking good bench too!
    haha cheers man, went through a little over half a pack today? so maybe about 600grams I reckon

mission brand garlic & herb pizza bases (or the original are good too)

cheers on bench! hitting full ROM (touching chest) sure makes a big difference! lol

Originally Posted by anuragp122195 View Post
    Awesome bench pressin bro.
    Loving the new avi as well. That wheels shot is priceless.
    BTW, you're the new roo master on bb.com Have not seen anyone else ever make such good use of it. I mean come on? ROO BURGERS+ROO PIZZA! Brendbro is currently winning
    cheers anuragp, will try & get some nicer leg shots up in the near future if I can

lolz I'm happy to accept that title new user title perhaps?

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Sick new avi. Sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope things get better
    cheers about the avi! mum thing has been quite a long term thing, don't see anything much changing from here out... appreciate the words though

jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    haha cheers man, went through a little over half a pack today? so maybe about 600grams I reckon

mission brand garlic & herb pizza bases (or the original are good too)

cheers on bench! hitting full ROM (touching chest) sure makes a big difference! lol
    haha that is awesome. I wasplanning on 500g worth for my bulgogi I made but then I looked at how much that actually was & decided to half it

Thanks for the pizza bases. I've only been using the mission wraps which are ok for a thin style base I guess. Not "legit" pizza though.

Do you have any bench vids? I can't remember seeing any. Bloody good power/weight ratio!

I'll just aim for second
    SQ 205kg DL 240kg BP 105kg SOHP 70kg at 80kg BW

My log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140163183

All of my recipes are here:
    http://tinyurl.com/cdaveyrecipes

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not to get into too much detail but my mum hasn't been well for quite some time so my dad has had to pull extra weight with just about every job imagineable, he has a LOT on his plate and still managed to be an awesome dad so I really wanted to try and do something special for his birthday this year to show him how much I appreciate it.... love him to death.

I would actually consider using shakes as an 'energy' supplement, though only when other factors wouldn't allow me for something more... tasty

Hitting the nail on the head regarding surplus - it's funny, the biggest difference I've found regarding tracking vs not tracking is the mental satisfaction with my meals, to me at least it really seems to just be about the old saying of 'finishing everything on my plate', where as when I'm tracking it's 'gotta get this many calories in and only then will I be satisfied'. Even if I am not managing to hit a caloric surplus I much prefer how it is now, I feel NORMAL again. With that being said - as you mentioned - I have a decent understanding of roughly how much I'll need to be eating, but that wasn't the initial idea of me stopping tracking, the idea was for me to learn not to have to pish posh about tracking, and instead re-establish and learn to trust my own hunger signals again, and in the end just eat what I want without giving a sh!t about the calories/macros/whatever (within reason of course )

So priority number 1 is that, and then after I have that sorted I'll sort out the surplus issue, but I had the same idea as what you said - I figured I'd go with a nice sludge prebed meal because A) I fuarking love it and B) gives me a very decent amount of protein incase I have been slacking in that for the day (because after everything is said and done I'd still like to get sufficient protein ) and C) can offer a decent amount of energy
    Well sorry to hear about your mum BUT it's still pretty cool doing that for the pops

Dude don't get me wrong shakes would be a last resort for me too but those cals gotta get in somehow. I do understand your motivation for wanting to relearn how to respond properly to your body's signals, or indeed re-teaching your body to send those signals in the first place. I hope you get to that stage because to be honest that the holy grail: knowledge of proper nutrition AND a body that scales it's hormonal hunger signals directly in proportion to it's energy needs. Lyle Mcdonald should really work on a drug that does that

Prebed sludge is actually an awesome and easy idea for getting the surplus cals in btw. Don't even know why I suggested a shake

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It sounds like you have a great mindset when it comes to eating. Normal people eat until they're full and not by how much of a set group of numbers tells them too. You see i track macros but you notice that they're always different because i really don't like being anal about what numbers I hit.

Way to grind through that bench man. Determination, state of mind, and epic eats all in this journal.
    Instagram: instagram.com/zackfeeney
    Snapchat: DTrulez616

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    food and WOs looking on point.

seems like you have found that sweetspot between details and living life
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    cheers anuragp, will try & get some nicer leg shots up in the near future if I can

That's exactly what I was thinking. (you are not too weak to lift, but you are effing good with roo haha)

April 15

5/3/1 Wave B2

weight - n/a

DEADLIFTS

Wendler's such a fawkin beast

80% 110kgx3
    85% 117.5kgx3
    90% 125kgx5 PR phuck yeah

Accessory Work

Pullups
    BWx10x2
    BWx8x2

Seated Row
    60ppsx12x4

Hanging leg raise
    BWx15x3

Planks
    1:35
    1:20

Cardio
    stairmaster - 10 mins, 160 cals

Deadlifts felt beast as fcuk. First two sets went down piss easy, form felt great. Prior to my final set I knew I had at least 3 in me, but after those 3 it could have gone either way. My 4th & 5th were grinded out and god damn they were painful as fuk, but DAMNIT I love 'em SO much. Honestly, if I could switch to a routine of nothing but DL's I would Accessorry work was pretty average, nothing spectacular, I was burnt out from DL's + had a bbq last night which was a ton of fun. Leg raises felt particularly sloppy, and my hips are tight as fcuk, seriously need to get a foam roller asap. Also had to cut cardio short as I had just about the worst stomach cramping ever, the pain was unbelievably excrutiating

Food

'Roo burger w/ peanut butter, bacon & maple cream cheese

maple cinnamon GY w/ cinnamon cereal, pb2 & honey

haha that is awesome. I wasplanning on 500g worth for my bulgogi I made but then I looked at how much that actually was & decided to half it

Thanks for the pizza bases. I've only been using the mission wraps which are ok for a thin style base I guess. Not "legit" pizza though.

Do you have any bench vids? I can't remember seeing any. Bloody good power/weight ratio!
    I saw that bulgogi, what exactly is it?

defs give the mission pizza bases a try, the circular ones not the rectangle ones

cheers man, bench has always been my strongest lift. I'll see if I can get a vid next time!

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Well sorry to hear about your mum BUT it's still pretty cool doing that for the pops

Dude don't get me wrong shakes would be a last resort for me too but those cals gotta get in somehow. I do understand your motivation for wanting to relearn how to respond properly to your body's signals, or indeed re-teaching your body to send those signals in the first place. I hope you get to that stage because to be honest that the holy grail: knowledge of proper nutrition AND a body that scales it's hormonal hunger signals directly in proportion to it's energy needs. Lyle Mcdonald should really work on a drug that does that

Prebed sludge is actually an awesome and easy idea for getting the surplus cals in btw. Don't even know why I suggested a shake
    cheers man

tbh, shakes were a godsend for me when I was dieting... can make some absolutely fcuking delicious breakfast/pre WO shakes with dymatize XT that are relatively filling for very low cals.

re; the bold. That is the PERFECT way of describing it haha, the holy grail.... that is what I'm aiming for!!

prebed sludge = omfg awesome

Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    It sounds like you have a great mindset when it comes to eating. Normal people eat until they're full and not by how much of a set group of numbers tells them too. You see i track macros but you notice that they're always different because i really don't like being anal about what numbers I hit.

Way to grind through that bench man. Determination, state of mind, and epic eats all in this journal.
    I appreciate it man but my mindset towards eating is royally fcuked, after being an overweight/overindulgent, to a binge eater / bulimia ED, to being reliant on tracking..... this is merely me attempting to fix things for the better the problem was that reverse dieting really brings out that anal side of hitting the correct numbers... when I finally was able to stop and take an objective approach, it helped me realise just how insignificant it was. Same with weighing myself daily, I have maybe weighed in once this week... and not a single fuk has been given

although I am finding it is very hard to switch off the calorie counting of meals, but at least it's more to do with making sure I'm eating enough... for example I would only be getting in 2 meals on days with class otherwise, though I'm thinking it may become detrimental to this whole thing if I'm going to be like that... because the idea is to trust my hunger signals and not force feed myself. I may just try and throw in some extra fats at brekky the following day if I know I've been slacking on the cals, in the end even though carbs are my preference (for gym performance) I'd rather get the calories in then not at all.

and yeah man your approach = respect x 10000, not being anal is definitely the way to go!

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    food and WOs looking on point.

seems like you have found that sweetspot between details and living life
    not gonna lie, life has been about 30x better in the past few weeks alone... but can't forget correlation doesn't equal causation

That's exactly what I was thinking. (you are not too weak to lift, but you are effing good with roo haha)
    lol, nah I am almost too weak to lift though

Beast workout man! Congrats on the deadlift PR! That Wendler vid is sick too!

Also, if you want a tougher plank exercise that doesn't take so long check this out.

http://bretcontreras.com/2011/09/the-rkc-plank/

I don't even know how long I can hold a normal plank for but doing these I'm puffing and panting and lucky to get to 30seconds max!

Bulgogi is a korean dish. It's normally done with pork but can be done with anything I think. It's a very spicy but sweet marinade basically. Delicious!

circular ones hey. I'll check em out tomorrow.

And not copying you here but it's pretty funny that I was planning on making some elvis oats tonight ala you're burger above. Not putting roo in my oats though. I think that may even cross my limits haha.

My log

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    defs give the mission pizza bases a try, the circular ones not the rectangle ones
    Had one today! outstanding!
    Also, if you want a tougher plank exercise that doesn't take so long check this out.

I don't even know how long I can hold a normal plank for but doing these I'm puffing and panting and lucky to get to 30seconds max!
    This! Do these. They are amazing?!

Nice job on those DL's too big fella. Killing it lately.

April 16

5/3/1 Wave B2

weight - n/a

OHP
    80% 45kgx3 <<< racked wrong weight lol
    85% 40kgx3
    90% 45kgx5

Accessory Work

DB press
    17.5kgx13, 12, 13, 12

Shrugs
    120kgx15x3
    120kgx12

Preacher
    60ppsx12, 8

Cardio/study
    treadmill - 61:25, 696 cals

Lol, so today began with what was supposed to be my calculated 80% 1rm on OHP which would be 35, but I accidentally put on 45. For the first time though I actually felt a good burn from these, so we decided that to scrap what my calculated 90% would have been (41.2) and use 45 instead. I think I'm managing my form quite well, keeping my elbows parallel/in front of the bar is now becoming more passive, which allows me to focus on keeping my core tight, not hyperextend the back and focus on power through the floor during the push. Despite not having my coffee, which could have been detrimental to my energy, this was the first time OHP felt like a proper work out, so I'm very happy about that! DB press was a pain in the bloody ass afterward, still managed to pump out a solid 4 sets with a relatively fast pace. Afterward though I had a bit of a natural energy boost so shrugs and preacher felt pretty awesome, especially preacher. I anticipated a tough set ahead of me to hit 12 on preacher (my previous PR), needless to say everythingwentbetterthanexpected. Decided on dropping BB curls as those are usually more for the "pump" anyway, so I just did another set on preacher... arms were on fcuking fire by the end, veinage = accomplished

So beginning with squats on thursday will be going for 1rm's, and since this is my 2nd time through 5/3/1 I have a feeling the numbers will be a lot closer to real 1rm than the first time through, very excited to say the least!

food

cookie cereal w/ chocolate milk

good old kangaroo pizza

Beast workout man! Congrats on the deadlift PR! That Wendler vid is sick too!

Bulgogi is a korean dish. It's normally done with pork but can be done with anything I think. It's a very spicy but sweet marinade basically. Delicious!

circular ones hey. I'll check em out tomorrow.

And not copying you here but it's pretty funny that I was planning on making some elvis oats tonight ala you're burger above. Not putting roo in my oats though. I think that may even cross my limits haha.
    cheers man, lol I always watch wendler vids prior to DL's, so thought may as well post them up.

I'll give those a try for sure!! My partner and I are looking for more interesting core stuff, getting a bit bored with just planks and leg raises lol. I'll need to give bulgogi a try

Webber mentioned 'roo oats to me a few times, and gave me a recipe for some but I haven't given it a whirl yet, still pretty keen though! Savoury oats are supposed to be fairly similar to risotto so I don't see any reason it wouldn't work Though with that being said, not much beats elvis oats...

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Had one today! outstanding!

This! Do these. They are amazing?!

Nice job on those DL's too big fella. Killing it lately.
    saw your post in MEN, looked fuarkin good!!

I'll give 'em a go asap Cheers mate

Damn, don't you hate when you rack the wrong weight? It's so frustrating lol. whatever, you still got a great WO probably.
    And good luck on those 1RM's on Thurs!
    & you can never go wrong with Cookie Crisp & your famous roo pizza.

Good stuff mate! WIll be interesting to see how the squatting goes

Interesting core stuff:
    front levers
    these things? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chnzn...8E5F7AF&lf=BFp
    ab wheel rollouts
    dragon flags

Got some pizza bases today. Will have a crack soon

My log

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    too much awesome pressing for one man's eyes!

BTK-no excuses

fuark a bloody dingo, sorry for the lack of updates fellas. Uni has been mighty busy, end of semester coming up and everything is due!! Got quite a bit to update on including food (), heading to gym now and will post update when I'm done!

In4orgasmWorthyPosts

BTK-no excuses

for when you get back, what is the best curry sauce you use for roo curry?

My log

Skipping through the boring sh!t, and onto the important stuff...

Squats 1rm
    75% 60kgx5
    85% 70kgx3
    95% 77.5kgx9 lol

Bench 1rm
    75% 70kgx5
    85% 80kgx3
    95% 90kgx2 PR

Bench 1rm numbers are pretty much PERFECT; that last set felt DAMN solid, I went for a third for sh!ts and giggles, epic fail but it was worth it as I got such a great stretch. Squats were loltastic, I hit 9 on what was supposed to be my 1rm (clearly not ). What's best though is that I've consistently hit around 9-10 on each of my final squat sets, I think that's a sign that I am not really garnering a true idea of my strength with the current weights I'm doing, it's more that I just kind of burn out at around 10 reps. Still, I don't think I'll pre-emptively move these up any more than the 10lb's that 5/3/1 recommends simply because taking it slow means less chance of overshooting and potentially hurting myself... which I'm all for. Plus those 9 reps felt good as fuk and the past few days I've had some INSANE DOMS... could barely walk yesterday and I LOVE that feeling. Accessory stuff was on fuarking fire. Hit PR's on everything after bench today, but who really gives a fuk about that

Just about tying up all my assessment for the semester, I have one final statistics report to get finished.. shouldn't be too large an issue. From there it's onto test period and I have a feeling I'll be making another disappearance from the boards for a little

In food/nutrition related news - still haven't been tracking, I've had the rare mental battle with myself but that's something I have to overcome and not give in to... I'm feeling mentally stronger each day though, and funnily enough I have never felt more confident in myself despite not having a clue if I'm a) gaining or losing weight (have not been weighing myself), and b) getting adequate protein/fat. <<< I know that last one may sound a bit dire, but it isn't what it sounds like... basically, taking it easy and letting things fall into place rather than OCDing around has been the best decision I've made in some time. I'm feeling better and getting stronger and in the end isn't that the ultimate goal?

Food

SO I finally had a crack at savoury oats... and omfg I cannot believe what I've been missing out on, this just might be my new favourite thing... the possibilities are endless!!!

Grilled chicken, onion, hickory bbq, cheddar & gruyere savoury oats
    un-fcuking-believable... it's like a quick & easy risotto... and risotto is my favourite food in the world!!!!

Mexican kangaroo mac & cheese

cantonese stirfry chicken

Damn, don't you hate when you rack the wrong weight? It's so frustrating lol. whatever, you still got a great WO probably.
    And good luck on those 1RM's on Thurs!
    & you can never go wrong with Cookie Crisp & your famous roo pizza.
    hehe, that cookie cereal is actually this 'health' food cereal as cookie crisp isn't widely available here in Aus which suuuucks

tastes freaking awesome though!

Good stuff mate! WIll be interesting to see how the squatting goes

Interesting core stuff:
    front levers
    these things? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chnzn...8E5F7AF&lf=BFp
    ab wheel rollouts
    dragon flags

Got some pizza bases today. Will have a crack soon
    those look bloody great! my bro has one of those door gym thingo's so I may give 'em a try tonight! Cheers!!

too much awesome pressing for one man's eyes!
    In4orgasmWorthyPosts
    was it everything you hoped it would be and more?

Cheers man!

for when you get back, what is the best curry sauce you use for roo curry?
    can't go wrong with any of the Patak's range. Off memory I've gone through...
    Mango chicken
    Tikka Masala
    Tandoori Masala
    Cashew Masala
    Jalfrezi

Tandoori was extremely tasty for how little kcals it has and is probably what I'd recommend. Unless you're looking for something more calorie dense in which case cashew masala rules. Tikka is great too and is got a slight amount of kick to it which you'd probably like. Kantong satay is great too, as is Chicken Tonight Tandoori or Butter Chicken. For lowest calorie Taylors Butter chicken is the way to go IMO (something like 50 cals per 100g) The Nando's coconut curry sauce are pretty decent too and have a decent amount of spice, I just recall them being quite liquidy so make sure you get the ratios right if you prefer a thicker curry

Nice benching brodysseus!

And you finally popped your savory oats cherry. You will be forever changed!

awesome benching! And thanks for the curry advice. Was bloody good

My log

yes, yes it was.

and we have Patak's in Canada as well

BTK-no excuses