DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Where do you buy your chicken (UK)

I normally get mine from aldi, £4 for i believe its a 800 g bag of 100% frozen chicken breasts. This week when shopping i noticed the chicken had changed to only 82% chicken.

What shops sell 100% class A frozen bags of chicken at a reasonable price? I checked Asda and all they sell is 82/87 % frozen.

allender1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DarthTophat View Post
    I normally get mine from aldi, £4 for i believe its a 800 g bag of 100% frozen chicken breasts. This week when shopping i noticed the chicken had changed to only 82% chicken.

What shops sell 100% class A frozen bags of chicken at a reasonable price? I checked Asda and all they sell is 82/87 % frozen.
    I buy mine at Morrisons. Pack of 6 breasts (889g) for £6.50. I don't know about the % thing but it's Grade A.
    How important is the %? Because I could really save some money and shop at Aldi.

DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthTophat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    From a taste point alone, the chicken tastes much more 'salty' i ate it with one meal and wont be eating the rest of the bag. The other ingredients, off the top of my head, were stabilizers, water, sodium.

The chicken is somewhat slimey, and the other ingredients in it etc , i cant imagine being very good. I noticed this chicken wasn't class A either.

allender1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From a taste point alone, the chicken tastes much more 'salty' i ate it with one meal and wont be eating the rest of the bag. The other ingredients, off the top of my head, were stabilizers, water, sodium.

The chicken is somewhat slimey, and the other ingredients in it etc , i cant imagine being very good. I noticed this chicken wasn't class A either.
    Hmm..Okay maybe not Thanks.
    Morrisons chicken is nice. That 6 breasts is their best deal.

StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If there's a Costco nearby go for that. £4.50/ KG of frozen chicken breasts, £2.50/KG chicken thighs with £4.50/KG of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

pearce66uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was just asking the same, have you tried MuscleFood dot com? They are British but I can't find many reviews on them?

Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Incredibly confused here..... why would all of you be spending so much on frozen chicken breasts that are implanted with water and then frozen... for a higher price. I get my chicken breast fillets from the butchers, it's 23 quid for 5 kilos, which comes to 4.6 quid per kg, and they're fresh (not frozen) with no implanted water or anything added at all. Just stick em in the freezer and perfect.

Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with Taurasaur, you'd be better off paying the extra bit in a craft butcher's for premium quality.
    "Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing. Like the first monkey shot into space"

AlbertTrotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started getting my chicken at a place called 'Booker Wholesale' It's like a massive warehouse bit like Makro that sell's bulk item's.. Anyway's I go there because I can buy mass amounts of chicken and don't get taxed on it so im purely paying for the chicken breast's, which is alot more value for money. You cant be just a person off the street going in there to do you're weekly shop, you need to be apart of a company etc to get a card to enter the shop which needs to be swiped by a card :P Hope this help's if you can get to booker or markro even.

muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000) muffiinmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Walmarttttttttttttt c:

Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100) Farnzey is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AlbertTrotter View Post
    I started getting my chicken at a place called 'Booker Wholesale' It's like a massive warehouse bit like Makro that sell's bulk item's.. Anyway's I go there because I can buy mass amounts of chicken and don't get taxed on it so im purely paying for the chicken breast's, which is alot more value for money. You cant be just a person off the street going in there to do you're weekly shop, you need to be apart of a company etc to get a card to enter the shop which needs to be swiped by a card :P Hope this help's if you can get to booker or markro even.
    this ^^^^^ i get most of my food from there
    STATS

WEIGHT:205Lbs
    HEIGHT: 5'7"

BENCH: 220Lbs - 8REPS
    SQUAT: 264 Lbs - 10 REPS
    DEADLIFT:396Lbs - 4 REPS

pearce66uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I agree with this.

Bookers, I thought food didn't have VAT on?? So what tax are you saving?

I just put in a purchase on that MuscleFood website, seems they are butchers too. Will keep you posted.

alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexnorton is on a distinguished road. (+10)

TESCO!!!

inb4 OP gets his own chicken farm

thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pearce66uk View Post
    Yeah I agree with this.

Bookers, I thought food didn't have VAT on?? So what tax are you saving?

I just put in a purchase on that MuscleFood website, seems they are butchers too. Will keep you posted.
    Most food can't be "taxable" but as far as I am aware products such as chicken from supermarkets aren't taxable.
    But bookers is a whole saler, so it goes from the supplier to the wholesaler then to the retailers. They just sell them cheaper so that everyone in the cycle is technically making the same amount of money.