Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Recovery supplements

Hey guys,
    Ive been working out since I was 17, experimented both with my supplements and training for twenty years. But definately not too proud to ask for help, always more to learn in this sport.
    I have a question to throw out there. Interested to know other people's experiences in my age group. Im almost 38. I lift heavier than I did in my twenties, but in the last year or 2 I notice I also take longer to recover.

For example, I feel good and fresh for chest and triceps on a Monday, but after hitting it hard, I feel wrecked for most of the week. I find it difficult to workout other muscle groups, the next day, or a couple days later (my muscles always hurt more 2 days after a workout) when I have sore muscles.

My question for everyone is, does anyone enjoy a cost effective supplement and way of recovering faster to the point of really noticing a difference, not just a subtle difference or taking it on faith the supplement is doing something for you? I have always used protein, vitamins and test boosters but never bothered with recovery supplements as much because I didn't have to in the past. So would be really interested to hear other people's experiences with recovery supplements.

Cheers guys

mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Drop the supps. Sleep more and eat more. Recover faster.
    ***ETAC***
    Sponsored by Team Rustletech
    2k+ link

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well I have found that an every other day schedule helps me and I started doing the Ronnie c meat and rice post workout meal . It seems to give me exactly what I need when I kill it in the gym! Depending on your schedule after age 30/35 recovery seems to take a bit longer than before. Of course it depends on you.

Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Triklops is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mandimeoutof10 View Post
    Drop the supps. Sleep more and eat more. Recover faster.
    Thanks for the suggestion mate but I'm not dropping the supplements. What I take has made a definate improvement in my performance and results and after 20 years of playing with supplements I know what works for me in that department on my body. As far as sleeping more I already get plenty of sleep, and I'm eating at the right rate right now to maintain muscle while dropping some bodyfat.

No offense mate but you are 25 according to your profile, I think that someone in my age group or older would have the experiences I want to learn from. That's why I posted in the 35+ forum. Let me know how fast you are recovering when you reach my age

X-trainer ben thanks for your advice I will look into that

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am also 37 and have recently got back into lifting. I started using Scivation Extend BCAA mix and I have noticed a marked difference in soreness and recovery time. I drink it while I train and sip some throughout the day in off days. It is relatively inexpensive, mixes easily, and tastes great. Buy a tub and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    I am also 37 and have recently got back into lifting. I started using Scivation Extend BCAA mix and I have noticed a marked difference in soreness and recovery time. I drink it while I train and sip some throughout the day in off days. It is relatively inexpensive, mixes easily, and tastes great. Buy a tub and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    Hey Dewey99 thats the kind of experience I'm looking for. Thanks for that, will definately give that a shot

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    there's no such thing as otc recovery supplements except the one that's between your ears...

either you're prepared for the aging process and lifting or you're not ..

if you've been lifting for 20 years like you say it's basically a stupid question to be honest !
    That's not exactly helfpul mate. Of course I'm prepared for the aging process no one can do anything about that. But there's no denying that there are things you can do to maximize your performance. Test starts slowly dropping, take test boosters etc. What's stupid about asking others if they have experienced enhanced recovery through the use of supplements? Thanks for insulting my intelligence but I think I will stick to learning from other peoples positive experiences. Not being insulted for using these forums exactly as they are intended, cheers.

because there's no supps that can help you ...

you can spend the money but eventually you'll come to the conclusion that anyone else has that's been lifting for 20 years (like you say) has come to....you gotta eat !

really just that simple..

cheers !
    Not sure why you keep repeating the 'as you say' about me lifting for 20 years, is it that hard to believe? Plenty have been lifting a lot longer than me. I do eat plenty btw thanks, plenty of weight for my frame. And everyone has different experiences, not all have the same, or even age the same. I'm not talking about a miracle supplement that defies the aging process. As you can see someone else on here has already posted their experience in faster recovery with a supplement. I have heard your say, and your piece, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. As I said, I'm looking on, cheers

because anyone with 20 years experience would have figured out the whole supplement game by now

cheers !
    I never said that I had experimented with recovery supplements. Thats the exact reason I asked the question in the post about other peoples experiences. Such a shame you don't have something more constructive to say other than to pick apart my post and insult me. Look at my join date, 2003, and less than 40 posts, its because of people like you that I have never bothered in the past. So disappointing that hasn't changed.
    I think you could work out for yourself that you are being insulting and obviously wouldn't be appreciated, so why bother going to the trouble?
    I don't need to justify myself, my experiences or my time lifting to you. Either you have something helpful to bring to the table or you don't, in which case its obvious its the latter. I'm greatful there are at least some people on here who are helpful.
    So if you don't mind, stop hijacking this thread. I've already told you that I find you insulting, and it seems you have more where that comes from. So I'm not interested in hearing anymore from you thanks.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I've had a lot of trouble with this.

I have a high intensity job, which by itself often burns me out. Add to that my exercise schedule, and I could nap all day.

I have a few regular vitamins, which I take.

My boost drink;

1-1/2 cups chopped frozen fruit -because it makes the drink like a frappe (blueberries, or strawberries, bananas, mixed fruit etc)
    option (expresso) if you need the caffene boost.
    1/2 - 3/4 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup skim milk
    Vitamins (I drop in my mega pack which is about 8-9 pills containing multi, arginine, omegas, prostate formula, and tribulus mix)
    Blend the mix,
    Add water as needed, with 2 heaping cups of my protein mix.
    Blend

Makes 1 1/2 - 2 large servings

I take it when I'm feeling a little low energy, or pre workout.

This is the only d@mn thing that has actually given me a decent lasting energy boost.

One of these drinks lasts me a couple days.
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

Originally Posted by 67fastback View Post
    Yeah, I've had a lot of trouble with this.

I have a high intensity job, which by itself often burns me out. Add to that my exercise schedule, and I could nap all day.

I have a few regular vitamins, which I take.

My boost drink;

1-1/2 cups chopped frozen fruit -because it makes the drink like a frappe (blueberries, or strawberries, bananas, mixed fruit etc)
    option (expresso) if you need the caffene boost.
    1/2 - 3/4 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup skim milk
    Vitamins (I drop in my mega pack which is about 8-9 pills containing multi, arginine, omegas, prostate formula, and tribulus mix)
    Blend the mix,
    Add water as needed, with 2 heaping cups of my protein mix.
    Blend

Makes 1 1/2 - 2 large servings

I take it when I'm feeling a little low energy, or pre workout.

This is the only d@mn thing that has actually given me a decent lasting energy boost.

One of these drinks lasts me a couple days.
    Thanks 67fastback, sounds like it tastes good too which is a bonus. Looking forward to trying that out

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oceanside is 100% correct...

I lift very heavy and am way past 38....no supplements here. Why? Outside of a multi and maybe some protein powder most supps are a waste of money and do nothing.

Eat and rest are the best recovery tools.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sinaptic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same Here.
    Questions Everything.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Triklops View Post
    Thanks 67fastback, sounds like it tastes good too which is a bonus. Looking forward to trying that out

Just found this link for ya to browse

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=144377671

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Am nearly twice your age and also take BCAAs during my workouts. I realize that many will argue that they're a waste of money, especially since I'm not on a protein-deficient diet and normally consume between 1.25 and 1.55 g of protein/lb of bw daily. While I don't disagree with such an argument, I'm biased (which goes against my scientific core) and feel that consumption of BCAAs during workout has enabled me to train essentially DOMs free and without substantial loss of lean muscle mass. I still get excellent burns, especially in my arms and legs, but haven't had DOMS and chronic elbow tendenitis like I did before starting BCAAs 14 months ago. At my age, these are considerations that I don't take lightly. Placebo effect? All in my head? Perhaps. But on the other hand, I'm not ready to change my ways.

If interested, here's an earlier scientific reference:

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2006 Dec;16(6):620-35. Effects of amino acid supplementation on muscle soreness and damage. Nosaka K, Sacco P, Mawatari K. School of Exercise, Biomedical and Health Sciences, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, Australia. k.nosaka@ecu.edu.au
    Abstract: This study investigated the effect of a supplement containing 9 essential and 3 non-essential amino acids on muscle soreness and damage by comparing two endurance exercise bouts of the elbow flexors with amino acid or placebo supplementation in a double blind crossover design. The supplement was ingested 30 min before (10 h post-fasting) and immediately after exercise (Experiment 1), or 30 min before (2-3 h after breakfast), immediately post, and 8 more occasions over 4-day post-exercise (Experiment 2). Changes in muscle soreness and indicators of muscle damage for 4 days following exercise were compared between supplement conditions using two-way ANOVA. No significant differences between conditions were evident for Experiment 1; however, plasma creatine kinase, aldolase, myoglobin, and muscle soreness were significantly lower for the amino acid versus placebo condition in Experiment 2. These results suggest that amino acid supplementation attenuates DOMS and muscle damage when ingested in recovery days.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BioUnit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fish oil-anti inflamitory proterties, promotes lean muscle mass, and inhibits catabolism.

HMB-puts recovery system into overdrive but costs about 40 dollars a month. This also works great with creatine

Not sure about ZMA because i have never personally tried it but it might be something you could check out.

Only other thing i can think of it to take advantage of the recovery cycle when you sleep by makeing sure you get enough calcium and protien before bed time. protien of .4g/pound of body weight is what June issue of muslemag suggest.

Nutrition and rest are still the best ways to maximize your recovery for long term goals

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dude, I have been training for well over 20 years I take supps without them I would not have the build I have.

For recovery, I take glutamine, BCAA, many say they don't work, but it works for me so I tell those people go suck a f'cking egg and let me do me and you go do you.

And then some of them (with horrible builds) will post a f'cking link
    On the list for Bannukah

trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Recovery supplements

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Dude, I have been training for well over 20 years I take supps without them I would not have the build I have.

For recovery, I take glutamine, BCAA, many say they don't work, but it works for me so I tell those people go suck a f'cking egg and let me do me and you go do you.

If you take supplements,and you THINK they're helping you,personally i would continue to use them.
    Even if they are'nt having any great physiological effect,and are no more than a placebo,but they are
    having a positive psychological effect,surely it is worthwhile,as the mind is an extremely powerful tool.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think recovery supplements are a big waste personally. If your diet is good, you get enought BCAAs anyways. There isn't any legal supplement for this type of thing that is worth it to me. Proper sleep is one of the best recovery tools there is.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    I think recovery supplements are a big waste personally. If your diet is good, you get enought BCAAs anyways. There isn't any legal supplement for this type of thing that is worth it to me. Proper sleep is one of the best recovery tools there is.
    Agree. Rest and a good diet are one of the best tools for recovery.

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post

Thanks xtrainerben for that link, it was helpful because I haven't used these boards enough in the past to find my way around that well, I even struggle to find my own posts - still working out the system.

Bodyhard and houstonTXmuscle I'm glad to hear your experiences with BCAAs because its something I have heard from a few people now, and its honestly one supplement I have never tried. So I'm looking forward to trying a good course of that. Looking around it seems BCAAs aren't overly expensive either. I know rest and nutrition are important as others are saying, but I have also had some positive experiences with certain supplements, and I see no reason why BCAAs couldn't give results too.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Triklops, those guys aren't kidding on Scivation Xtend.

Grape is awesome. I believe in it during workouts. Placebo? IDK & IDC.....I'll keep a can in my gym bag.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Hey DubfromGA, I wasn't sure if we had that particular brand here in New Zealand, but just did a search at the usual supplement store I go through online and found a 30 serve tub and a 90 serve tub. They have the grape flavour you mentioned too so I'm gonna order that

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm another Xtend believer. I also put some creatine in into it.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey DubfromGA, I wasn't sure if we had that particular brand here in New Zealand, but just did a search at the usual supplement store I go through online and found a 30 serve tub and a 90 serve tub. They have the grape flavour you mentioned too so I'm gonna order that
    I tend to try new stuff in grape first. I figure if they can't get that right, then go no further. I guess it's a throwback to my childhood. Grape Kool Aid was the ticket. Still love the sugarfree type, too. Don't think my kidneys appreciate it, though.

Originally Posted by jtroster View Post
    I'm another Xtend believer. I also put some creatine in into it.
    I was gonna mix that in when I started up with creatine soon.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Thanks xtrainerben for that link, it was helpful because I haven't used these boards enough in the past to find my way around that well, I even struggle to find my own posts - still working out the system.

Bodyhard and houstonTXmuscle I'm glad to hear your experiences with BCAAs because its something I have heard from a few people now, and its honestly one supplement I have never tried. So I'm looking forward to trying a good course of that. Looking around it seems BCAAs aren't overly expensive either. I know rest and nutrition are important as others are saying, but I have also had some positive experiences with certain supplements, and I see no reason why BCAAs couldn't give results too.

Glad you could find something in there useful, since I have been at this from 16-41 ( with no breaks/25yrs) and i am NOT a big eater at all..... i pick and choose my food and supps carefully, good luck!

jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jwb864 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey man scivation xtend is the real deal. the grape is awsome! dont listen to the trolls. keep up the hard work!
    diced to the socks

Originally Posted by jwb864 View Post
    hey man scivation xtend is the real deal. the grape is awsome! dont listen to the trolls. keep up the hard work!
    Hey jwb864, so many people like yourself are recommending Xtend for me to ignore it, so I'm looking forward to trying it out

MLindsay91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MLindsay91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MLindsay91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MLindsay91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MLindsay91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MLindsay91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MLindsay91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Oceanside is being a troll.... OP, i understand your need to ask such a question. Im not over 35, but i also believe that Xtend helps with my recovery. Basically any BCAA supplement will do relatively the same thing, but I would recommend looking at other supps that have non essential and essential amino acids. Intrabolic is good. Has whey protein peptides which are basically a very broken down form of whey so that it is absorbed extremely quick. Glutamine is also known to help with recovery. I am yet to try a pure glutamine supp, as there is already glutamine is many supps i already take, but I have friends who swear by it.
    Umadbro?

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MLindsay91 View Post
    Oceanside is being a troll.... OP, i understand your need to ask such a question. Im not over 35, but i also believe that Xtend helps with my recovery. Basically any BCAA supplement will do relatively the same thing, but I would recommend looking at other supps that have non essential and essential amino acids. Intrabolic is good. Has whey protein peptides which are basically a very broken down form of whey so that it is absorbed extremely quick. Glutamine is also known to help with recovery. I am yet to try a pure glutamine supp, as there is already glutamine is many supps i already take, but I have friends who swear by it.
    Oceanside is a smart man, by keeping his money in his wallet. A good diet and rest are the most important part of recovery.