stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What wrong with eating muesli

Why do people on this board not eat muesli, is there something wrong with it? Is porridge a lot better?

I eat a lot of muesli as it keeps my calorie intake high and happen to like it a lot, but i have not noticed anyone on this forum include it in their meal plans.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its fine, its just a bit more expensive than say brown rice or oats. Also why you don't see as many people eating stuff like brown rice farina.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's not a very widespread American food. Things like muesli and yogurt haven't caught on in a lot of places in the US.

And one of the reasons people don't eat it is for the very reason you do eat it...the calorie count is high. Oats are lower calorie and basically carbs without the fats and proteins added in. You can add in your own whey protein to have a more effective carb/protein ratio.

stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevem77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good i thought there might be something wrong with it. I eat like 3 big bowls a day of it. which is like 1500 calories just from muesli

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stevem77 View Post
    Good i thought there might be something wrong with it. I eat like 3 big bowls a day of it. which is like 1500 calories just from muesli
    I've seen it at the store a few times in the bobs red mill section. Looks pretty tasty.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    I've seen it at the store a few times in the bobs red mill section. Looks pretty tasty.
    Yeah should try it, lots of people say they dont like it but it has loads of dried fruit and nuts which give it plenty of flavour

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've only managed to find one kind over here and while it is good, it's just basically rolled oats w/some sliced flax seeds, some dried prunes and one other ingredient I can't remember. Actually their nutrient profile per serving (at least the one I use) is VERY similar to Oats, but 1 serving of oats is half a cup and 1 serving of muesli is 1/4th of a cup. You get more for less with the oats in this instance, but less carbs and calories, not necessarily a terrible thing, but I like to keep my carbs relatively in check around 200grams or lower a day, so eating muesli in place of my other whole grain foods isn't always ideal.

Now if I were over in Europe I'd probably eat it in place of Oats since I only have one serving a day, plus from the searches I've run on google for muesli products to buy, they have a LOT more variety over there and the quality looks a LOT better too. I looked up some home-made recipes for muesli and I'm definitely going to try some soon, they sound amazing and they're simple.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

Originally Posted by 2 D View Post
    I've only managed to find one kind over here and while it is good, it's just basically rolled oats w/some sliced flax seeds, some dried prunes and one other ingredient I can't remember. Actually their nutrient profile per serving (at least the one I use) is VERY similar to Oats, but 1 serving of oats is half a cup and 1 serving of muesli is 1/4th of a cup. You get more for less with the oats in this instance, but less carbs and calories, not necessarily a terrible thing, but I like to keep my carbs relatively in check around 200grams or lower a day, so eating muesli in place of my other whole grain foods isn't always ideal.

Now if I were over in Europe I'd probably eat it in place of Oats since I only have one serving a day, plus from the searches I've run on google for muesli products to buy, they have a LOT more variety over there and the quality looks a LOT better too. I looked up some home-made recipes for muesli and I'm definitely going to try some soon, they sound amazing and they're simple.
    The museli i eat is made up of rolled oats, wheat, sultanas, raisins and chopped brazil nut. It made up of 66 grams carbs, 10 grams protein, 5 grams fat per 100g.

gbshopdotinfo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stevem77 View Post
    Why do people on this board not eat muesli, is there something wrong with it? Is porridge a lot better?

I eat a lot of muesli as it keeps my calorie intake high and happen to like it a lot, but i have not noticed anyone on this forum include it in their meal plans.
    I do not care, I love to eat anything really and work hard.