Unoriginal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long should I take creatine for?

I did a search and couldn't find an exact answer... how long should I take creatine for before taking a break?

josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000)
    No need to cycle off, just take 3-5 grams a day
    White Flood Juicy Grape Log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139740223

My White Flood V2 Watermon Log (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135601151

Promera Health Con-Cret Log. (Complete)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137645853

Current Stack:
    Orange Triad
    Oximega Fishoil
    White Flood Juicy Grape
    SNS Alcar
    SNS Beta Alanine Caps
    Primaforce Agmatine
    Intrapro Chocolate
    Trutein Cinnabun
    XF UP 2.0 Cinn Roll
    XF Artic Lemonade

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by josh001122 View Post
    no need to cycle off, just take 3-5 grams a day
    ^^boom!

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I personally like to cycle off once or twice a year for 6 weeks minimum. The benefit for me is that I get bored using it, and cycling of and on helps me appreciate its effects a bit more in the long run. Also gives me a psychological boost when I start up again.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its up to you some people cycle and some dont. I do usually when i plateau then i cycle off for 1 month. which is over so its been 2 days since im back on the wonder stuff. I usually plaeau after about 6 months or so
    BPI Brand Ambassador

Proud member of the 1000lbs club

bpiccinni14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, im 15 years old and weigh 140. I've been using creatine for 3 months and have noticed significant gains. I'm concerned that the creatine may be the only reason im getting a lot stronger, or is it just because I'm still growing? My 1 rep bench went from 135 to 185 in 3 months. Can creatine do this? My fitness advisor at school talked to the class about stopping creatine. I want to slowly get off of it, or at least stop for a few weeks. Will I lose my size, i.e biceps shoulder chest and so on. Will it be visible?

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bpiccinni14 View Post
    Hi, im 15 years old and weigh 140. I've been using creatine for 3 months and have noticed significant gains. I'm concerned that the creatine may be the only reason im getting a lot stronger, or is it just because I'm still growing? My 1 rep bench went from 135 to 185 in 3 months. Can creatine do this? My fitness advisor at school talked to the class about stopping creatine. I want to slowly get off of it, or at least stop for a few weeks. Will I lose my size, i.e biceps shoulder chest and so on. Will it be visible?
    It's because you were a beginner. The creatine should have stopped producing consistent strength gains after the first month.

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

youre 15

thats it

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    It's because you were a beginner. The creatine should have stopped producing consistent strength gains after the first month.
    I have been lifting since 7th grade. I am not a beginner. My bench clean squat adds up to over 600lbs. I cycle through the creatine by stopping for 2 weeks every 6 weeks. A lot of people have told me I should stop since I am so young. Do you think someone my age should completely stop, or is the negative effects of creatine over-hyped?

kdcbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdcbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdcbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdcbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdcbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been lifting since 7th grade. I am not a beginner. My bench clean squat adds up to over 600lbs. I cycle through the creatine by stopping for 2 weeks every 6 weeks. A lot of people have told me I should stop since I am so young.
    Im not a certified health professional but I dont think you should be using creatine til your atleast 18 and since you are so young and if you are lifting and training correctly you won't lose much. You have plenty of time to grow and lift the big weights just focus on learning to lift them the right way and the rest will follow.
    I fear stagnation and lack of progress.
    I fear never reaching my potential and being average.
    I fear being forgotten The past Yesterdays news.
    I fear giving up and being passed by, going softly into that good night.
    I fear letting those i love down, letting myself down.
    I fear settling, giving in to the "that's just the way it is" mindset.
    I fear dying without leaving my mark.
    I fear not feeling those fears anymore and just floating along.
    These fears feed me, they nourish my drive.

Registered User II Cybershot II's Avatar
    II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yea creatine is rough man. i had to quit a few years back too... the headaches, the bodyaches, felt sick all the time while quittin that ****. it's best to just go cold turkey and get it over with, only sick for a little while... good thing your school counselor is there for you now man, good luck i had to do it by myself. I hit up some AA meetings but they were all "dude creatine is the pussy **** lmao you're such a wimp." so i bounced out of that joint and went home and drank some creatine to relieve the pain and anxiety. ah good times...

Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blue Boogie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I say creatine is acceptable at 15, IF one's diet and training are strictly in check and water intake is high to avoid any dehydration. Of course, you'd do very well without it and the best idea would be to utilize food intake alone until age 20ish, because your natural hormones are never gonna be so favorable as they are right now!
    If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't people under 16 not be lifting heavy weights to begin with? Doesn't it stunt the growth? But besdies that, your still going through puberty. Your testosterone should be going through the roof right now.

changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have been lifting since 7th grade. I am not a beginner. My bench clean squat adds up to over 600lbs. I cycle through the creatine by stopping for 2 weeks every 6 weeks. A lot of people have told me I should stop since I am so young. Do you think someone my age should completely stop, or is the negative effects of creatine over-hyped?
    Doing all this at 5"9 140...kind of hard to believe. But you are still getting noob gains untill you are probably in your early 20's due to muscle maturity. So your coach is right when he says you dont need creatine yet.
    BPI Brand Ambassador

Originally Posted by II Cybershot II View Post
    yea creatine is rough man. i had to quit a few years back too... the headaches, the bodyaches, felt sick all the time while quittin that ****. it's best to just go cold turkey and get it over with, only sick for a little while... good thing your school counselor is there for you now man, good luck i had to do it by myself. I hit up some AA meetings but they were all "dude creatine is the pussy **** lmao you're such a wimp." so i bounced out of that joint and went home and drank some creatine to relieve the pain and anxiety. ah good times...
    yeah thanks man. I took half the amount as normal yesterday. Today i'm doing legs and will not take any creatine at all. I'm going to at least stop until Halloween. Depending on what happens I may consider that resting time a break, or just completely stop

Originally Posted by changemyoil66 View Post
    Doing all this at 5"9 140...kind of hard to believe. But you are still getting noob gains untill you are probably in your early 20's due to muscle maturity. So your coach is right when he says you dont need creatine yet.
    Are there any other pre-workout supplements you suggest that are considered "healthy" where I am not at as much of a risk at hurting my body or having significant losses when I stop?

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are there any other pre-workout supplements you suggest that are considered "healthy" where I am not at as much of a risk at hurting my body or having significant losses when I stop?
    In all honesty Id do if I was you is direct your focus on nutrition to get the most out of your training. This requires a bit of studying but its a part of a building a successful training regimen.

Here is a good website to get some good free info from, check out Lyle McDonalds nutrition section.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    In all honesty Id do if I was you is direct your focus on nutrition to get the most out of your training. This requires a bit of studying but its a part of a building a successful training regimen.

Here is a good website to get some good free info from, check out Lyle McDonalds nutrition section.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    This and when you get older then start up the supps. I was about 20 before I started creatine then 23 before I started preWO's. Dont jump on the supp bandwagon yet.
    BPI Brand Ambassador

yeah thanks man. I took half the amount as normal yesterday. Today i'm doing legs and will not take any creatine at all. I'm going to at least stop until Halloween. Depending on what happens I may consider that resting time a break, or just completely stop
    The guy was joking, there is no side effects of quitting cold turkey. If you really wanna use a supplements I would just use protein, glutamine and keep up with mutli vitamins.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tend to take it year round, there is no reason not to.

moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moaralmonds is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    FOREVER or gtfo,
    these are your choices.

OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrganicShadow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In my opinion - all preworkouts could be both harmful and completely harmless. Just dont get stupid with it. If youre taking 3-4 scoops of something just to get some feeling from it then obviously you need to take some time off and let your adrenals rest. Cycle your stim products time on=time off.

Creatine doesn't need to be cycled. You can run it for as long as youd like. The only "cycling" that might need to be done is the possible loading phase if you do take a period of time off from it. and that depends on the product.
    J Breezy
    - Applied Nutriceuticals Forum Rep -

Ask and you shall receive: PM me about free samples.
    www.appnut.com

I have been off creatine for 3 weeks, and am 15 years old. I have not gotten much weaker, but my muscles are not as big and i've been very tired. Do you think it's worth it to hop back on creatine for about 4 weeks? See what happens?