thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Manufactering Curves..

Hello All,
    I wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong area.

My wife lost 100+lbs 2 yrs ago and has kept it off - Very proud of her
    Her pics are here http://wp.me/p2rpQN-p

My question is, the "curves" she had at the heavier weight are gone, she went from a endomorph type build to a slender ectomorph type with little differential between her waist and hips & a flatter appearance in her glutes. I had her doing squats, lunges and straight leg deadlifts, but she is not seeing great results from it as I thought. I'm lacking ideas on how to help her add back the proper curves to her physique now that she is at a lower weight.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thepower View Post
    Hello All,
    I wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong area.

My wife lost 100+lbs 2 yrs ago and has kept it off - Very proud of her
    Her pics are here
    My question is, the "curves" she had at the heavier weight are gone, she went from a endomorph type build to a slender ectomorph type with little differential between her waist and hips & a flatter appearance in her glutes. I had her doing squats, lunges and straight leg deadlifts, but she is not seeing great results from it as I thought. I'm lacking ideas on how to help her add back the proper curves to her physique now that she is at a lower weight.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.
    Is she eating enough to be able to gain any mass there?

thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepower is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by aristomeow View Post
    Is she eating enough to be able to gain any mass there?
    She's getting 1 gram per lb of lbm & 2-3 grams of carbs per lb of lbm

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    She's getting 1 gram per lb of lbm & 2-3 grams of carbs per lb of lbm
    But is she eating in a surplus (more calories than her body 'needs')? Doing so is essential to muscle-building, and she won't be building anything (as you've seen) otherwise. She can calculate her maintenance calories here and aim to eat 10-20% more than that, monitoring from there.

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    But is she eating in a surplus (more calories than her body 'needs')? Doing so is essential to muscle-building, and she won't be building anything (as you've seen) otherwise. She can calculate her maintenance calories here and aim to eat 10-20% more than that, monitoring from there.
    Noted, Im not sure she would want to go up in weight though especially coming from 250. If there is a way for lean gains then Im sure she might be ok with that.

How about exercises? Have I overlooked anything in that dept?
    www.transformationpics.com

www.atlargenutrition.com

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Noted, Im not sure she would want to go up in weight though especially coming from 250. If there is a way for lean gains then Im sure she might be ok with that.

How about exercises? Have I overlooked anything in that dept?
    Depending on an individuals' body, balance, movements etc those exercises might not target her glutes if that's what you're looking for- I know for me that squats and lunges get my quads going but hardly any glute action unless I'm very consciously activating those muscles.

Google "The glutes myth dispelled" , there's a really good article (can't post links yet sorry).

Depending on an individuals' body, balance, movements etc those exercises might not target her glutes if that's what you're looking for- I know for me that squats and lunges get my quads going but hardly any glute action unless I'm very consciously activating those muscles.

Google "The glutes myth dispelled" , there's a really good article (can't post links yet sorry).
    Thanks friend.. She started developing a nice sweep to her quads, however nothing for the glutes.

www.atlargenutrition.com

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Here's the link to the article: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...the_glute_myth
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    Very good article,
    Thanks for sharing it

www.atlargenutrition.com

**Just wanted to update this thread. She has been doing those exercises recommended in the t nation article and is carb cycling on weight days. After 5 weeks, she noted seeing a little more development in her glutes. Thanks for the assist! **

www.atlargenutrition.com