Breaking Big Barriers TGA Georgep93's Avatar
    Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What should I do?

Basically I'm 19 and I've been weightlifting for almost 2 years now.

My diet's clean and has been for a couple of months. I do have the odd cheat-snack and I do drink on weekends but I don't eat junk all the time and I do some carb cycling to become leaner and lose out on some body fat.

I eat 2000-2500 calories a day, high carb days are 450ish carbs, low carb days 77 carbs, medium 192. Every day I eat more than 192g protein.

I weight approximately 70kg and I'm 6'3.

I have an extremely high metabolism and I have 2 protein shakes a day with flax seeds and take 2 BCAA's with every meal, and pre and post workout.

I haven't been getting the 'cut' abs I want and I'm not putting on any more size, I'm just getting stronger. 2 months ago I could bench approximately 3 reps of 80kg. I tried maxing out the other day and managed to lift 5 reps of 100kg, yet I look no better.

My problem is, I'm not sure what I should do. Either stick to what I'm doing and wait longer for the results I want, or try something new?

I'm looking for some advice on as to what you'd do if you were in my position. Would you take a mass gainer and bulk up more/put on more weight perhaps? Or would you carry on doing what I'm doing? Maybe introduce a new form of supplementation or alter my diet?

I want to stay lean. I've never been fat in my life and I've always had abs. It's only recently that they've stopped showing. So I'm worried that if I start eating a lot more or taking some sort of mass gainer I'll lose my abs. Anyone have an insight on this?
    When you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe... then you'll be successful.

Instagram: @GeorgePFitness93 - Consistent persistency. That is the key.
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC27cXR7wvyLZSCSMYkB2-fg

ששש בלי דמעות, רק חלומות Mullahz218's Avatar
    Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know what you're looking for. Do you want more strength? eat more and gain weight. Do you want to have less bodyfat? I don't know how that's even possible, 70kg at 6'3 lol

I'd bulk up, don't bother with mass gainers, just eat alot. High carb diet, don't even need to necessarily eat clean, just get a lot of food and put on some mass/strength.
    "Better to run than curse the road"

Breaking Big Barriers TGA Georgep93's Avatar
    Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mullahz218 View Post
    I don't know what you're looking for. Do you want more strength? eat more and gain weight. Do you want to have less bodyfat? I don't know how that's even possible, 70kg at 6'3 lol

I'd bulk up, don't bother with mass gainers, just eat alot. High carb diet, don't even need to necessarily eat clean, just get a lot of food and put on some mass/strength.
    I want to put on size but I'm not bothered about getting too bit. My main goal is to stay lean.
    My strength is fine. I appear to lift more than some of the absolutely huge people in my gym. Which is frustrating because I think my muscles are under-developed in size.

I'm worried that if I do start bulking up and incorporating more carbs into my diet they'll stick to my stomach and I'll look bloated with no abs?
    When you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe... then you'll be successful.

Instagram: @GeorgePFitness93 - Consistent persistency. That is the key.
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC27cXR7wvyLZSCSMYkB2-fg

ששש בלי דמעות, רק חלומות Mullahz218's Avatar
    Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Georgep93 View Post
    I want to put on size but I'm not bothered about getting too bit. My main goal is to stay lean.
    My strength is fine. I appear to lift more than some of the absolutely huge people in my gym. Which is frustrating because I think my muscles are under-developed in size.

I'm worried that if I do start bulking up and incorporating more carbs into my diet they'll stick to my stomach and I'll look bloated with no abs?

if you want to gain more size, feeling bloated with no abs is inevitable.
    "Better to run than curse the road"

Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matsthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want size, go through the bulk phase then when you can/decide to start cutting you'll appreciate it a hell of a lot more.
    What kind of lifting routine are you on now?
    Bench 140kg x1
    Squat 155kg x5
    DL 220kg x1

AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRowell will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My diet's clean and has been for a couple of months. I do have the odd cheat-snack and I do drink on weekends but I don't eat junk all the time and I do some carb cycling to become leaner and lose out on some body fat.

I eat 2000-2500 calories a day, high carb days are 450ish carbs, low carb days 77 carbs, medium 192. Every day I eat more than 192g protein.

I have an extremely high metabolism and I have 2 protein shakes a day with flax seeds and take 2 BCAA's with every meal, and pre and post workout.

I haven't been getting the 'cut' abs I want and I'm not putting on any more size, I'm just getting stronger. 2 months ago I could bench approximately 3 reps of 80kg. I tried maxing out the other day and managed to lift 5 reps of 100kg, yet I look no better.

My problem is, I'm not sure what I should do. Either stick to what I'm doing and wait longer for the results I want, or try something new?

I'm looking for some advice on as to what you'd do if you were in my position. Would you take a mass gainer and bulk up more/put on more weight perhaps? Or would you carry on doing what I'm doing? Maybe introduce a new form of supplementation or alter my diet?

I want to stay lean. I've never been fat in my life and I've always had abs. It's only recently that they've stopped showing. So I'm worried that if I start eating a lot more or taking some sort of mass gainer I'll lose my abs. Anyone have an insight on this?
    Your problems are highlighted in bold. It sounds to me like bodybuilding isn't your thing.

AlabamaPancake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Basically meaning, it more depends on your body fat %, more than the actual abs themselves. As long as you keep a low BF%, they should still be there

SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000) SmallLats is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly you are going to lose your abs if you want to put on mass unless you do a lean bulk. Ultimately count all your calories for 7 days, divide that number by 7. That will be your matinence calories or how many you need to maintain your weight. Add only about 150-250 calories onto that for each day. That will put you in a caloric surplus. Good luck man.