najeezy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how often do you work out shoulders?

so ive been thinking about adding a extra shoulder day to my routine. reason being i dont really get sore at all after a shoulder workout. EVEN though people say being sore is not an indication of a good workout, i feel as though i can do another shoulder workout the next day. i heard somewhere that shoulders can take a a great amount of stress in shorter intervals compared to the chest or biceps. should i up the intensity of my shoulder workout? or just do the same routine twice. my routine is:

Arnold Press OR military press ? 3 sets, 8-6-6
    Shrugs ? 3 sets, 12-10-10
    Front, Side Raises ? 3 sets, 8 Reps
    Reverse Fly ? 3 sets, 8 reps

and im thinking about adding those laying lateral raises i read about on the site

so 2 days a week? or just more sets/reps in 1 day?

ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScotGspot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    to stay balanced, try treating them as if you were treating every other muscle to gain strength/size.

DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIDDY-DINGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe u should just do more exersizes to your shoulders routene instead of creating a whole new day for them ??

Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your shoulders are already under a lot of stress if you do Benching, Pull Ups etc.. don't realyy think you NEED another, maybe you could up the workload on your existing day.

Also
    Shrugs target your traps

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    about 2x a week.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by najeezy View Post
    so ive been thinking about adding a extra shoulder day to my routine. reason being i dont really get sore at all after a shoulder workout. EVEN though people say being sore is not an indication of a good workout, i feel as though i can do another shoulder workout the next day. i heard somewhere that shoulders can take a a great amount of stress in shorter intervals compared to the chest or biceps. should i up the intensity of my shoulder workout? or just do the same routine twice. my routine is:

Arnold Press OR military press ? 3 sets, 8-6-6
    Shrugs ? 3 sets, 12-10-10
    Front, Side Raises ? 3 sets, 8 Reps
    Reverse Fly ? 3 sets, 8 reps

and im thinking about adding those laying lateral raises i read about on the site

so 2 days a week? or just more sets/reps in 1 day?
    Adding 2x shoulder day per week is not a good idea, shoulders take a beating basically every day chest/biceps/triceps/back, training them directly will be too much..

Change up your shouler routine or something, but dont add another shoulder day.

Registered User TheBroScientist's Avatar
    TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBroScientist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Adding 2x shoulder day per week is not a good idea, shoulders take a beating basically every day chest/biceps/triceps/back, training them directly will be too much..

Change up your shouler routine or something, but dont add another shoulder day.
    What this guy said.
    You really don't need more than 1 day of direct shoulder training as it's enough with a solid routine, but hey who knows if 2x a week still yields good gains for you then go ahead, no-one's the same.

Pain & Perseverance. ratedstrength's Avatar
    ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) ratedstrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's dependant on your recovery, i'm currently working the shoulders twice a week to see if i can get more gain. As long as you listen to your body and you feel you can do more shoulder work then it should be fine.

Also stimulate your shoulders more by variating your exercises; do barbell press/ dumbell press/cable so you can recruit more muscle fibres.
    InsanE
    "A bigger muscle is a stronger muscle" - Bruce lee.
    Current
    Squat 363 pounds
    Deadlift 380 pounds
    Bench 286 pounds

Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    a specific shoulder day, I don't and never have had one. Military presses get done once or twice a month.

najeezy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    okay thanks guys, yesterday i did that whole workout listed above, but i just added 1 or 2 more sets to each exercise and that did the trick. the reason being i have a whole day for shoulders is because my shoulders are really small, and if anything, that's something that I really need to focus on and gain mass with it. plus it works out for me :P

mon-chest
    tues-back
    wed-shoulders
    thurs-bi's/tri's
    fri-legs
    sat/sun-off

kurchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by najeezy View Post
    okay thanks guys, yesterday i did that whole workout listed above, but i just added 1 or 2 more sets to each exercise and that did the trick. the reason being i have a whole day for shoulders is because my shoulders are really small, and if anything, that's something that I really need to focus on and gain mass with it. plus it works out for me :P

mon-chest
    tues-back
    wed-shoulders
    thurs-bi's/tri's
    fri-legs
    sat/sun-off
    you dont do your abs?

HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000) HalfNatty is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Directly train shoulders on back/shoulder day, but they are also trained on upper body power day and chest/arms day

new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50) new64chevy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll train your front deltoids on chest days, so I mainly focus on training my lateral and rear deltoids on my shoulder day. Right now I don't bother doing shoulder presses but lateral raises and bent over raises on shoulder day.

The thing is, currently I also train my rear delts again on Sunday, the day before I do chest because it benefits your shoulder's stability when pressing. I'm trying to build my rear delt as much as possible because only recently I found out how important of a muscle they are. Mine have always been lagging compared to by anterior deltoids.
    Last edited by new64chevy; 06-27-2013 at 09:04 PM.

charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do 3x10 lateral raises on push day
    2x12 reverse machine flyes on pull day
    3x8 DB shoulder press on leg day

I can't press to my potential on push day so I do them on leg day when I'm fresh. Just warm up use bands, cables external rotation/internal, etc hell even 12+ rep face pulls can warm the RC up
    Gym PR's

Squat - 325lbs

Bench - 225lbs paused

Deadlift - 405lbs x 3

10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000) 10TonBrick is just really nice. (+1000)
    i do it once a week, like everything else cept abs and sometimes arms. cause my joints suck lol.

i hit the rear delt on back day with different rowing grips. front delt gets it hard on chest day from benching.

standing BB press- 5x8-10
    side laterals- 5x12-15- dropset after the last set till i can only do 15lbs for a few. great pump. so its more like 8 sets
    hammer shoulder press- 4x10 (might stop this, hurts RC sometimes)
    upright rows- 4x10-12

sometimes reverse flys, but its rare and only if i didnt row alot on back day.

thats it for me.
    Chew Crew
    MFC

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are worried about not being sore enough (not that it is an important indicator) it's because you aren't working out hard enough. The answer isn't to add more days, I'd bet that you are already training your shoulders too often, the answer is to learn to train them properly.

Do the right exercises, proper form, work the muscles, train with intensity. Don't just go through the motions.

ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Time under tension is a key to doing shoulders for me anyway! Unless im doing a barbell shoulder press I don't go heavy, I work on keeping my delts under tension expecially doing reverse flys because my rear delt is harder to build up unlike the others.

I do

Barbell shoulder press- 5x10-12
    lateral raises- 4x20
    reverse flys - 4x20

And sometimes I finish with a dropset of raises, or the machine . Just make sure you keep the muscle under tension!

randy7247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello people does anyone disagree with this workout I just started doing it about a week ago,would love to hear feed back what u think thx.
    M chest/tri
    T legs
    W rest
    Th shoulders
    F back/bi
    Saturday n Sunday rest

Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your shoulder split could go up in intensity it dont seem like you are hitting them as hard

that's just compared to what I do

Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by randy7247 View Post
    Hello people does anyone disagree with this workout I just started doing it about a week ago,would love to hear feed back what u think thx.
    M chest/tri
    T legs
    W rest
    Th shoulders
    F back/bi
    Saturday n Sunday rest
    seems decent if you need 3 days of rest

Registered User tdawgsenzations's Avatar
    tdawgsenzations is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheBroScientist View Post
    What this guy said.
    You really don't need more than 1 day of direct shoulder training as it's enough with a solid routine, but hey who knows if 2x a week still yields good gains for you then go ahead, no-one's the same.
    deffs listen to this guy and REMEMBER NO ONE IS THE SAME! so true