sandman383 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow taking Casein Protein at night

Hello

I have a quick question about Casein Protein.

It's late and I just ate a 2 oz bag of corn nuts!
    I so wish I hadn't done that.

You see I'm trying to loose weight and gain muscle. Unfortunately my late night cravings are back and its been bad for about four weeks. I suffer from late night munchy attacks. Its what got me over weight in the first place. I so want to get back on the wagon.

Today at the gym someone suggested that I check out Casein Protein. I had looked into it in the past but I wasn't too excited about it because I was raised on the rule of no eating before bed and certainly nothing high in carbs. I understand what they say about Casein Protein, "bodybuilders are taking slow-absorbing casein before bed and throughout the day since it can cause a 'timed release' trickle of amino acids into the bloodstream which can last for as many as 7 full hours."

My question, are the carbs in Casein Protein the "good carbs" like what grown rice is to white rice?

If it is a good carb, are there any Casein Protein brands you might suggest?

sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've consistently taken Whey protein, but not so with Casein until recently. Last night, I skipped my usual Casein protein drink before bed. When I woke up, I was hungry which I didn't get when I took Casein.

For me, Casein has help control my sometimes out-of-control evening munchies.

I take the ON Gold Standard "Creamy Vanilla" Casein powder. There are other flavors, but I'd avoid them unless your taste buds are dead.

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    There are no carbs in protein, by definition they are two completely different chemicals. If you mix your protein with something like milk, the milk adds carbs, true.

Lowfat cottage cheese FTW. I have some every night before bed, as do a few others here.
    Overweight and arrogant

Getting younger every day ProfBush's Avatar
    ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfBush will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know where you got the idea there were a lot of carbs in casein. My Gold Standard 100% Casein only has 4g carbohydrates per 20 g protein. This is the same number as in my Champion Whey Protein.

I like to eat 1/2 C rinsed cottage cheese (rinsing eliminates nearly all the sodium) before bed as another way to get casein.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sandman383 View Post
    Hello

You see I'm trying to loose weight and gain muscle. Unfortunately my late night cravings are back and its been bad for about four weeks. I suffer from late night munchy attacks. Its what got me over weight in the first place. I so want to get back on the wagon.

Today at the gym someone suggested that I check out Casein Protein. I had looked into it in the past but I wasn't too excited about it because I was raised on the rule of no eating before bed and certainly nothing high in carbs. I understand what they say about Casein Protein, "bodybuilders are taking slow-absorbing casein before bed and throughout the day since it can cause a 'timed release' trickle of amino acids into the bloodstream which can last for as many as 7 full hours."

My question, are the carbs in Casein Protein the "good carbs" like what grown rice is to white rice?

I don't see any action strategy in your post for your goal to "loose weight and gain muscle."

If you take casein protein at night, or eat corn nuts, or anything else, it will just turn to stored fat unless you are exercising and burning calories. You say your "cravings are back", you're "suffering", it's "been bad". etcetera. You kinda sound like a victim to me. Man up, take control of your eating, and start exercising, or else you're just going to keep on suffering from lack of control.

Change your attitude before you change your diet. You can't win the weight battle until you stop making excuses for yourself.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP: is that weight correct?

do you play football in the NFL?

wrestle with the WWE??

if not, how about a picture to clarify your stats...

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've recently started taking ZMA about 45 minutes before bed and eat an hour prior to that. Haven't gotten any more or less hungry than when I had 8 egg whites right before bed.
    But as far as the crap like corn nuts (don't know what they are) if you don't buy it you can't eat it. Pretty simple equation.
    How's the routine/split (like IC said)?

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello

My advice is to stop being a weenie and stick to your guns. THEN worry about Casein supplements.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    more exercise = less hunger

some people feel more hungry with exercise but you will burn more then the extra calories if you train hard - don't fool yourself with little to no effort and then think it is ok to stuff your face - i am talking about intense (hard) sweating exercise and clean eating not junk.

good foods high in protein will make you feel full longer then crap.

but to answer your question i like the blended products. that way you can use them anytime. I work out late and will take this after my workout so i will get the quick burst of protein and the longer lasting release as well.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/nitrocore.htm
    Last edited by tmonkey; 09-10-2010 at 06:25 AM.

thecrusherxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thecrusherxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thecrusherxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thecrusherxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thecrusherxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    OP: is that weight correct?

do you play football in the NFL?

wrestle with the WWE??

if not, how about a picture to clarify your stats...
    He's 48 and way too old for pro football, probably the WWE as well.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I suffer from late night munchy attacks. Its what got me over weight in the first place.
    someone broke into your house, stuffed a funnel in your mouth and poured those corn nuts down your throat?

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    You say your "cravings are back", you're "suffering", it's "been bad". etcetera. You kinda sound like a victim to me. Man up, take control of your eating, and start exercising, or else you're just going to keep on suffering from lack of self-discipline
    this x 10,000

oh and what's up with this?

Originally Posted by Sandman383
    I was raised on the rule of no eating before bed and certainly nothing high in carbs

Originally Posted by Sandman383
    seems a little contradictory to me...

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thecrusherxx View Post
    ?????????

I was being sarcastic, you know.....

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see much hasn't changed around here.

*sigh*
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) CmeliftHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Casein Protein-- give it a try, you will like the results.
    no harm and trying something different....

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by thecrusherxx View Post
    Ya think?
    O35 5'8" Crew

JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Double scoop casien protein shake and a tablespoon of peanut butter......awesome late night snack
    The first rule to winning the game is to stay in it......

Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mulewhipper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Words to live by....thanks for motivating me IC!!

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Man up, take control of your eating, and start exercising, or else you're just going to keep on suffering from lack of control.

Change your attitude before you change your diet. You can't win the weight battle until you stop making excuses for yourself.
    If my mind can conceive it and my heart believes it, I will achieve it

lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If your suffering from craving and want to try a casein shake with WATER, try adding a scoop of fiber in it also to help make you feel full.
    Eat right, exercise, lift weights, get 8 hours of sleep.