RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation Sledgehammer Tire Workout

What size tire is needed for it? I'm talking about hitting the tire with a sledgehammer. I have a spare tire from the last set on my truck. The size is 35/13.5. Would I be better off by getting a tractor tire? I just want to be sure that the tire will hold up to the beating.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A rubber tire is an ideal choice to absorb the impact of each sledgehammer swing. You can even bring a tire indoors.

You can often find a used tire for free. Most tire dealers have old tires, which are no longer suitable for use. The dealer must pay to dispose of the tires. They will be more than eager for you to haul the tire away for free. Find a shop that supplies large tires for trucks and tractors. Tractors use huge tires that are perfect for sledgehammer training.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/sledge.html
    Misc Cologne Crew

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    A rubber tire is an ideal choice to absorb the impact of each sledgehammer swing. You can even bring a tire indoors.

You can often find a used tire for free. Most tire dealers have old tires, which are no longer suitable for use. The dealer must pay to dispose of the tires. They will be more than eager for you to haul the tire away for free. Find a shop that supplies large tires for trucks and tractors. Tractors use huge tires that are perfect for sledgehammer training.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/sledge.html
    Thanks for the response. Here's the link if you want to see what kind it is:

http://www.dickcepek.com/tires.php?item=RadialFCII
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you tried swinging at it?

Does it bounce or move?
    Misc Cologne Crew

Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^Have you tried swinging at it?
    Does it bounce or move?

Nah only joking man not going to copy your post again...

----

Well any tire will do but you want a decent size tire so it doesn't move and is easy to hit. Try to get a thick tyre either off-road tyre or tractor as they will be bigger and thicker which means it will feel better hitting it. Don't worry about it to much man you are overthinking the simple excersise

I haven't used it yet. If I recall correctly, it's 80lbs. I'll use it in the grass so I don't think it will move too much.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Try it and let us know.

If it moves, than search like craiglist or the such and see if you can find a good one.
    I found a tractor tire for $290 just now, thats 90%, I'm sure you can do better for something at 30% tread.
    Misc Cologne Crew

You got it, man. I have some family members who work at tire shops. I might be able to get one for free.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.