Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Embarrassingly skinny forearms

I have really skinny forearms and wrists, which is really eating at my self worth cos they are stubborn and I'm genetically weak in this area. Basically I have just 6" diameter wrists and 10" circumference around the fullest part of forearm. Pale as hell (Scottish ancestors), I burn/don't tan and have no forearm hair either which makes me feel utterly 'juvenile' in the warm summer months with us all bombing around with t-shirts on. I can't wear the majority of men's watches because the dials are too big. Just recently when playing soccer a women that was 36 thought I was around her sons age (17), she couldn't believe I was 30, and I think this was all because of my twigglet arms popping out of a long sleeve t-shirt.

What is the most effective exercise to put bulk on the lower arms?

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Skinny forearms is largely a genetic thing and something i suffer from myself, the only thing that has worked is getting stronger on big lifts such as deadlifts, pullups, bench, shrugs etc.
    What is your current training schedule and what are you lifting in the big 3?

jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The big three are important and help with just about everything, but obviously sometimes it's not enough. I don't even want to know the dimensions of my forearms, but I can tell you I know exactly what you're talking about, particularly with watches. I've recently found that often times my weakness in my forearms imposes limitations on further developing other muscle groups (biceps) because my forearms get sore and tired before I can fully max the bicep. So long story short I've recently started putting some attention on forearms, and here's what I've found so far; it's all in the wrist. Continue the big three and bicep curls, but add any of these to complement. Take a bicep curl bar, load on 5 or 10 lbs plates on each side (more if you can handle it) and sit on a bench. Rest your forearms on your legs and with a palms up grip hold the bar down in your fingers, curl up into your hand and curls wrists up. Lower, and repeat. Switch to a palms down grip, holding the bar fulling in your hand to start with wrists bent down and curl wrists back till parallel to the floor (use less weight for this one). You can do practically the same thing with dumbbells. Another option if you can find it is a small bar with a long strap attached from the center (not sure what the proper name for this bar is). Attach a plate (20+ lbs to start) and holding the bar in both hands in front of yourself roll the bar so that it draws up the weight by coiling the strap around the bar. This can be done at home with a 1.5-2" wooden dowel with a hole drilled through the center and a rope run through. Finally you can also take dumbbells in each hand, holding them down at your sides, and rotate your wrists side to side. I've played hockey for a decade and after two weeks just using this last exercise my wrist shot was noticeably and significantly stronger and quicker. Hopefully this will help, if nothing else it will increase your forearm strength, which helps in a ton of everyday things (need help opening that jar?).

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    can't do anything about your wrists for but the muscular parts you can focus on both heavy pulling motions or isolated motions such as wrist curls, etc.

USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10) USMSRN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Captains of Crush grippers have worked well for me. I just went to the #2 level after about 4 months of randomly doing #1 Grippers. I noticed a huge improvement on pull-up grip strength/endurance within the first month of use. I don't know if it gives mass seeing as how I am a fatass atm but when I make a hard fist I can see lots of muscle I never saw before.

pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100)
    its deff genetic, my dad and all my uncles got popeye arms, hence i do to, before i wouldnt even train them cuzz theer wher already big enough, now i been triaining them and they getting hell bigger, its the first thing people notice abou tme always, call me popeye egegeggeggegg j/k

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Skinny wrists indicates finer bone and smaller joints. This is actually a huge advantage for a bodybuilder. What It means is that it takes a smaller amout of muscle to look big in proportion., for example a 12 inch arm on you looks twice as big as your wrist when for every inch larger someone would have to add 2 more inches to their arms to attain the same look.

For sny advice I would have to know what you are already doing.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    inb4 fappin...
    New life in place of old life
    Unscarred by trials
    A new level of CONFIDENCE and POWER

RTS log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136314231

Sheiko log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133108803

pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100) pberrios is not very well liked. (-100)
    id rather have the actual raw mass =)

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Skinny wrists indicates finer bone and smaller joints. This is actually a huge advantage for a bodybuilder. What It means is that it takes a smaller amout of muscle to look big in proportion., for example a 12 inch arm on you looks twice as big as your wrist when for every inch larger someone would have to add 2 more inches to their arms to attain the same look.

For sny advice I would have to know what you are already doing.

Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50) Niblixdark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the opposite problem, mine are too big thanks too my Scottish inheritance .. I don't ever train them period or they'll get too sickly big, people call me "pipes" at work ffs, mine are sporting a 15" 1/8 circumference with 7" wrist. all thanks too my grandfather and his dad, on both sides of my family too.. wierd
    Last edited by Niblixdark; 06-24-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Originally Posted by Niblixdark View Post
    I have the opposite problem, mine are too big thanks too my Scottish inheritance .. I don't ever train them period or they'll get too sickly big, people call me "pipes" at work ffs, mine are sporting a 15" 1/8 circumference with 7" wrist. all thanks too my grandfather and his dad, on both sides of my family too.. wierd
    7 inch wrists with 14 inch forearms :P
    Last edited by pberrios; 06-24-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: but im 187 lbs.

manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manONfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmmm gentics...dont mess with it ....

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Heavy pulls.
    2. Heavy hangs.
    3. Heavy holds.
    4. Direct work.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.