kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do you take tips from your client

My client walked in just before her session and handed me an envelope. It had $100. During the session, I initially felt really nervous and considered whether or not I should take it. At the end of the session, I went back to grab the money and to give it back to her. She said it was a gift and that she didn't want it back. I said I would rather she just got more sessions with it; that would make a better gift. But she said she has to buy a new car and wouldn't be able to get more...

I feel a bit awkward about it. Do you take tips?

ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kristinpete38 View Post
    My client walked in just before her session and handed me an envelope. It had $100. During the session, I initially felt really nervous and considered whether or not I should take it. At the end of the session, I went back to grab the money and to give it back to her. She said it was a gift and that she didn't want it back. I said I would rather she just got more sessions with it; that would make a better gift. But she said she has to buy a new car and wouldn't be able to get more...

It is a goodbye gift, accept it graciously.

If someone handed me $5 after each session, I would initially refuse and depending on their persistence I would likely accept.

Basically, make it clear to them that a tip is in no way expected, and if they still insist, the polite thing to do is accept.

kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ericmackcarter View Post

If someone handed me $5 after each session, I would initially refuse and depending on their persistence I would likely accept.

Basically, make it clear to them that a tip is in no way expected, and if they still insist, the polite thing to do is accept.
    Is this common? At first, she had told me she bought me two movie tickets but left them in her broken down car (which was in the car shop). She later asked about wines I liked. I just said I don't drink alcohol too often. Today she gave me this envelope with "buy something nice for yourself" written atop it. She wasn't one of my favorite clients. We didn't chat nonstop like I do with some others. She did lose 10 pounds in the month and a half. She's 53 and owns or manages a maid service. Maybe her business makes crazy money?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why would you turn down a tip? It means that the person thought you did a good enough job to deserve it. Accept it with thanks.

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I occasionaly get tips, I tend to make a big deal about it and thank them heavily. Even subconsiously it tends to make me work harder for them.
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is this common? At first, she had told me she bought me two movie tickets but left them in her broken down car (which was in the car shop). She later asked about wines I liked. I just said I don't drink alcohol too often. Today she gave me this envelope with "buy something nice for yourself" written atop it. She wasn't one of my favorite clients. We didn't chat nonstop like I do with some others. She did lose 10 pounds in the month and a half. She's 53 and owns or manages a maid service. Maybe her business makes crazy money?
    Dude, she's giving you money because she likes you and you've given her really good results. The correct response is "Wow, thank you!" There's nothing awkward or unprofessional about accepting money from people who want to give it to you.

So you guys get gifts like this? That's really what I'm asking.

Well, it would be bad if she expected something in return. And I don't think we're allowed to take money from members...

I mean, I'm not complaining about money. It just seemed off. And some friends at work seemed hesitant

ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Why would you turn down a tip? It means that the person thought you did a good enough job to deserve it. Accept it with thanks.
    because all of kristen's stories are fake

UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) UtahTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why are you so awkward about everything?

I get tips and gifts all the time. Money, sports tickets, movie tickets, etc... Clients will even bring me food they've cooked. I like to give my clients gifts as well its great relationship building. I even mail out birthday cards and gift cards to past clients.
    www.CrossFitGoldenSpike.com
    www.********.com/CrossFitGoldenspike
    www.AmplifiedFitness.net
    www.********.com/amplifiedfitness123
    Personal Trainer Sandy Utah
    9507 South 670 West
    Owner of CrossFit Golden Spike
    Owner of Amplified Fitness

ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    CrossFit Certified Trainer
    NESTA Certified Nutrition Coach
    APF Raw Utah State Record Holder

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you guys get gifts like this? That's really what I'm asking.

Well, it would be bad if she expected something in return. And I don't think we're allowed to take money from members...

I mean, I'm not complaining about money. It just seemed off. And some friends at work seemed hesitant
    Yes I get gifts and money. Yes it's common. When you help people in this industry, they become very grateful and feel like just paying the gym isn't enough. She doesn't want anything in return. I worked at 24 hour fitness and yes it was allowed.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by ts65 View Post
    because all of kristen's stories are fake
    You would have to be stalking me to claim this. Clearly, you're already following me on here. Curious, what are you doing with your life?

All is true. I have an extra 100 in my account right now.

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Yes I get gifts and money. Yes it's common. When you help people in this industry, they become very grateful and feel like just paying the gym isn't enough. She doesn't want anything in return. I worked at 24 hour fitness and yes it was allowed.
    Another woman tried tipping me before (albeit less money) but a passing membership manager said we weren't allowed to take it.

Originally Posted by UtahTrainer View Post
    Why are you so awkward about everything?

I get tips and gifts all the time. Money, sports tickets, movie tickets, etc... Clients will even bring me food they've cooked. I like to give my clients gifts as well its great relationship building. I even mail out birthday cards and gift cards to past clients.
    It was awkward. I'm not used to exchanging 100s. Generally, the gifts I'm used to giving and taking are $20 gift certificates. Sadly, even my family -who is pretty well off- hardly gives that much to each other over holidays etc. I've been given flowers, a cookie, etc...small things...

Another trainer I talked to at my gym felt it was a bit much and didn't understand it. Thus, I wasn't sure what to think... Alright.

Ha...our older trainer just told me one of his past clients gave him a convertible with 20k miles on it. Maybe I'll lay off until that happens.

rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wanted to give my coach a $50 tip...I had been with them for 4 months, extremelly impressed with the results (lost 44 lbs) and service. He refused to take it and said gratuities will not be accepted until I reach 130 lbs...which is 20lbs below my goal...so in essence he won't accept a tip.

Although I was impressed with how he felt, that it wasn't about money, I felt foolish, and embarressed by even offering.

My 2 cents.
    I would never say this is easy, but it is doable and within your capabilities!! - Nutritional Coach - CocoonFitness

Trust the process L. - Arch Angel 73

My Journal (Ren)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142464091

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    It was awkward. I'm not used to exchanging 100s. Generally, the gifts I'm used to giving and taking are $20 gift certificates. Sadly, even my family -who is pretty well off- hardly gives that much to each other over holidays etc. I've been given flowers, a cookie, etc...small things...

Another trainer I talked to at my gym felt it was a bit much and didn't understand it. Thus, I wasn't sure what to think... Alright.

Ha...our older trainer just told me one of his past clients gave him a convertible with 20k miles on it. Maybe I'll lay off until that happens.
    Trainers have a somewhat unique ability to get really close to clients, and if you're well-positioned, you could wind up with clients that a) really, really like you and b) want to do whatever they can to help you because they see you as a young up-and-comer, so to speak. In that sort of scenario it's not unusual to get all kinds of gifts and favors. Accept graciously and be discreet.

ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You would have to be stalking me to claim this. Clearly, you're already following me on here. Curious, what are you doing with your life?

All is true. I have an extra 100 in my account right now.
    Nope, I'm not stalking you, someone else made that compilation of all your BS remember?

Originally Posted by ts65 View Post
    Nope, I'm not stalking you, someone else made that compilation of all your BS remember?
    Well, I mean, here you are, NOT a personal trainer, spending time in another of my threads.

Are you making money in the gym? Is anyone handing you 100 dollar bills? I'm not sure you have the credibility to be yelling out BS.

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One of my clients put a £50 in a Christmas card, and I felt awkward. I don't like receiving gifts like that, so felt very strange when I opened the card. Thats the cost of one session.
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I left my last job to move some distance away I received a few goodbye gifts. I remember one client asking me about how much he though my move would cost and I didn't even think about it. But he gave me that exact amount, which I said although not necessary, I accepted.
    I think you really need to understand how grateful clients are with results. If you can change their perception of their own bodies and happiness, they don't give a crap about money.
    Take it, smile and thank them.
    I love lifting plates and bars.
    YouTube - TheTylerPritchard

1st meet - 630kg @ 103 raw (June 8th, 2013)
    2nd meet goals 675 @ 105 (Sept 2013)

Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nycholus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ericmackcarter View Post

agreed, if you turn them down to the end, it becomes insulting.
    Check out my MyoBuild/AlphaTest Log in the "Sponsored Supplement Logs" section!!!