boogiebrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is it safe and possible to gain 1kg per week?

Hi guys,

I've lost quite a lot of weight over a 6mth period due to a broken hand, it spiralled down until my weight now is jsut apalling..

My question is...
    is it possible to gain 1kg per week for 2mth?

in regards to safe? I know i'll gain quite a bit of fat but that's okay.. i'm thin to start off with anyways...

I've lost almost 12kg due to a broken 5th metacarpal and a very bad wrist i cannot lift anything...

singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000) singular is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yo

I put weight on really fast, even though I'm ecto I get chubby pretty quickly, but it's OK as long as I'm actually gaining weight. I manage to average at 1kg total weight gain per week. My current bulk I've put on 8 kg in 6 weeks, and I'm trying to slow it down for next few weeks by adjusting macro's and total calories but it's not easy to minimise fat gain (while still gaining size).

However I feel fit as a fiddle! Things might be different for you, but it's what works for me.

Edit: So you're not doing any lifting? Putting on a 1kg a week just of fat is a different story..
    Last edited by singular; 02-09-2007 at 02:56 AM.

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its very possible to put on 1 kg a week but without training and cardio its mostly going to be fat.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its safe and its possible

but amount of it being muscle is probably little.
    Hello

nawabsaab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nawabsaab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Alfz View Post
    Its safe and its possible

but amount of it being muscle is probably little.
    can some one please tell how much calorie surplus you require to gain 1 kg in 1 week ??
    i burn out 3k daily how much i need to take ???

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by boogiebrat View Post
    Hi guys,

I've lost quite a lot of weight over a 6mth period due to a broken hand, it spiralled down until my weight now is jsut apalling..

My question is...
    is it possible to gain 1kg per week for 2mth?

in regards to safe? I know i'll gain quite a bit of fat but that's okay.. i'm thin to start off with anyways...

I've lost almost 12kg due to a broken 5th metacarpal and a very bad wrist i cannot lift anything...
    Incredibly strong join date-to-post ratio.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Of coarse...I can gain more than that...but why?...why put on fat you don't have to...BB is a marathon not a race...slow and steady.
    NASM CPT

!!Lean bulk crew!!
    Current lifts!
    BB bench 205x6
    Deadlift 315x9
    Squat x squat...in progress

nawabsaab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nawabsaab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Evandrus View Post
    Of coarse...I can gain more than that...but why?...why put on fat you don't have to...BB is a marathon not a race...slow and steady.
    bro can u tell how much calorie surplus you need for that i am 58 kg 5 ft 7in ... i need to bulk .. i m burning abt 3k

Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nawabsaab View Post
    bro can u tell how much calorie surplus you need for that i am 58 kg 5 ft 7in ... i need to bulk .. i m burning abt 3k
    If you know your maintence...then 10-20% more than that...lower end if your trying to lean bulk..it might do you very well to read the stickies in the nutrition section here.
    NASM CPT

!!Lean bulk crew!!
    Current lifts!
    BB bench 205x6
    Deadlift 315x9

Originally Posted by Evandrus View Post
    If you know your maintence...then 10-20% more than that...lower end if your trying to lean bulk..it might do you very well to read the stickies in the nutrition section here.
    bro 3600 nt gonna increase 1 kg per week i want to increase w8 wat eva it is fat or muscle

Originally Posted by nawabsaab View Post
    bro 3600 nt gonna increase 1 kg per week i want to increase w8 wat eva it is fat or muscle
    Why though???just to weigh more?...only a small surplus is needed to gain LBM.
    NASM CPT

!!Lean bulk crew!!
    Current lifts!
    BB bench 205x6
    Deadlift 315x9