62392N03L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protien shake advice for a scrawny girl?

I am unsure about what type of protien shake would be best for me, I'm an underweight female looking to add inches and pounds in muscle mass without losing weight. I generally eat healthy by natural taste. I've noticed that a lot of protien bars and shakes "for women" are low in protien and calories, some guy gave me a protien bar that had less protien than my greek yougert (although I know its really where the protien comes from that counts.)
    Also, I am not vegan, vegetarian or gluten intolerant ect.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Gaining weight/muscle happens by eating a calorie surplus. Eat a wide variety of whole foods that you enjoy and you can use any kind of protein shake you like. There is no best, it's completely individual.

Good luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

62392N03L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Gaining weight/muscle happens by eating a calorie surplus. Eat a wide variety of whole foods that you enjoy and you can use any kind of protein shake you like. There is no best, it's completely individual.

Good luck.
    I should have added that when I do gain weight in fat I end up with nogvthing but a little muffin top. Not bigger boobs, not bigger thighs, ass, or hips. I've got like the worst genes in the world andI can't gain fat like a normal female. I have broad shoulders and narrow hips along with being tall and slender over all.

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 62392N03L View Post
    I should have added that when I do gain weight in fat I end up with nogvthing but a little muffin top. Not bigger boobs, not bigger thighs, ass, or hips. I've got like the worst genes in the world andI can't gain fat like a normal female. I have broad shoulders and narrow hips along with being tall and slender over all.
    Focus on lifting heavy to build muscle and the calories will go to that. Yes, you will gain some fat, but it will pay off in the long run. Check out the stickies in the nutrition section, and go into the bulkers' thread in the general section. Find a good lifting program and stick to it with lots of patience.

I am also a bit tall, my shoulders a bit broad, and fat goes to my stomach first. I was afraid to build my shoulders at first, but am happy to be seeing progress there now, so don't be afraid of them!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 62392N03L View Post
    do you lift when you increase cals/gain? if not, that's the key. see training prgm basics in the training section. as for the shake, as kim said, it's abt eating at a surplus. eat whatever you want. figure out your cals in the sticky on calculating cals and macro's. protein shakes are not necessary and won't in themselves make you gain weight (unless they help add to a surplus). they're typically like 120 cals. that's not a lot. you can make it have more - add nut butter, oats, fruit, even ice cream. but it's overall cals, not one snack or meal.