Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bruceyy View Post
    only just started doing legs last week, before i have been on fat loss and just upper body mainly. was really almost scared to try legs till a friend of mine took me to the gym and took me through a legs session. i dont think i could go as far as to say i enjoy it yet, but im not skipping it anymore which is definitely a start!

after reading through this i am definitely pumped for my next one and hopefully will get that epic feeling your all enjoying and fall down the stairs to the locker room
    I like it! I'm glad to hear that this motivated you! I still catch myself reading this before I beat up the wheels and it works every time!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    Herniated disks and mobility issues have caused me nothing but issues in trying to work my legs. I do try to hit them hard...and hitting them hard is VERY hard. took me almost a year to even be able to try a 135 lb squat or dead by fixing hip flexors, glute/flexibility weakness and just bringing up the legs in general.

i had to first focus on stretching and things like bridges, then hip thrusters and focus on lower back strength.

i still mostly stick to things like pull throughs, leg curls, leg press and hack squats throwing in very light deads and bb squats at the end still. i hope someday i can bring them to the front but for now i like doing RDLs and rack pulls and focus on form and getting the muscles to fire correctly.

the past couple months I realized on hack squats I gotta get deeper and omfg this is bringing on so much more soreness it burns. this is also helping to fix the mobilty in my hips so its back to a plate on each side for now!

i got legs with my GVT routine...its gonna suck. lol!
    Hack squat = quad killer!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm so sore in all the right places today. I was doing SL deadlifts last night and when I picked up the bar for my last set (with my earbuds in) I said "holy shyt" a little to loud and about ten people turned around. Oops! Note to self: take out earbuds when you could possibly cry or cuss.

Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    I'm so sore in all the right places today. I was doing SL deadlifts last night and when I picked up the bar for my last set (with my earbuds in) I said "holy shyt" a little to loud and about ten people turned around. Oops! Note to self: take out earbuds when you could possibly cry or cuss.
    Priceless!! Today is my day for dead lifts, I'll see if I can live up to the same standards!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

valkyrxiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valkyrxiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valkyrxiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valkyrxiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valkyrxiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh man, I love leg day! It's my favorite day of my workout cycle, haha. My buddy... not so much. He's was the typical guy who was mainly concerned with his chest and biceps. He didn't "find the point" in training legs specifically. Guess what? Squats develop a solid core. You know what a solid core helps with? Everything!
    Last edited by valkyrxiii; 03-24-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Fixed some typos
    "...Make the angels scream and the Devil cry..."

Bench: 265lbs. Dead Lift: 375lbs. Squat: 385lbs. 22% BF; 39" Waist, 17" Neck.

September 25 (22nd Birthday) Goals:
    Bench: 305lbs. Dead Lift: 415lbs. Squat: 435lbs. 15% BF; 35" Waist, 17" Neck.

RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RGILL76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did legs for the first time today for my first time at the gym,,,, cant move my legs now,, but it hurts so good....

been doing body weight squats at home for a couple weeks doing with weight is a whole new world of hurt..

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RGILL76 View Post
    doing with weight is a whole new world of hurt..
    Agreed.

Originally Posted by valkyrxiii View Post
    Oh man, I love leg day! It's my favorite day of my workout cycle, haha. My buddy... not so much. He's was the typical guy who was mainly concerned with his chest and biceps. He didn't "find the point" in training legs specifically. Guess what? Squats develop a solid core. You know what a solid core helps with? Everything!
    So true! Sound like he's in good hands! Great stats as well, keep pushing weights buddy! Great things will happen...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by RGILL76 View Post
    Did legs for the first time today for my first time at the gym,,,, cant move my legs now,, but it hurts so good....

been doing body weight squats at home for a couple weeks doing with weight is a whole new world of hurt..
    Welcome to the Jungle!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10) blueelectrc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love this thread! It makes me motivated for EVERY day, not just legs. I was reading through this last night and had a terrific back/bi's workout today! I can't wait for tomorrow's chest workout!
    If we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.

Originally Posted by blueelectrc View Post
    I love this thread! It makes me motivated for EVERY day, not just legs. I was reading through this last night and had a terrific back/bi's workout today! I can't wait for tomorrow's chest workout!
    Thanks! Reps!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

thub1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last time i squatted i couldnt walk upstairs without shedding a tear for an entire week, i must have a really bad tecnique or just overdid it :/

saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh yes!! So glad I found this thread!

Leg day is my favorite day too! Unlike a lot of guys I got started doing legs right from the get go but the intensity wasn't quite there for the first 3 years of lifting, was more focused on moving up with the weight only going to parallel. Being tall, my legs were always looking not as developed as my upper body.

For the past year i've been going super hardcore on quads to the point where i am thinking about it two days before. I noticed that heavy w/ high-reps (20-30 range) is what works best for me. I started doing the ATG 1 set of 20 @ 10 rep max routine and finish up with Hacks (10-12 reps,) Presses (25-30reps), Lunges(10-12 each leg), and drop set leg extensions. I can't work hams with quads any longer..or even calves. I am always soar for a week haha.

I got so serious with legs now that even on my business trips. I will do 18sets x 30 reps of bodyweight squats with 6sumo/6close stance/6normal. That actually made me soar for a week!

Anyways, long story short..i keep using leg day as my "mental toughness day", and because of that I've gained a solid 1.5" inches on my quads (28") in less than a year. Nobody said it would be easy!
    "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in."

-Mark Rippetoe

-1st Place Men's Physique Class D, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -1st Place Men's Physique Amateur, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -3rd Place Men's Physique Overall, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015

IG: @llkoole7

Originally Posted by saizen View Post
    Oh yes!! So glad I found this thread!

Leg day is my favorite day too! Unlike a lot of guys I got started doing legs right from the get go but the intensity wasn't quite there for the first 3 years of lifting, was more focused on moving up with the weight only going to parallel. Being tall, my legs were always looking not as developed as my upper body.

For the past year i've been going super hardcore on quads to the point where i am thinking about it two days before. I noticed that heavy w/ high-reps (20-30 range) is what works best for me. I started doing the ATG 1 set of 20 @ 10 rep max routine and finish up with Hacks (10-12 reps,) Presses (25-30reps), Lunges(10-12 each leg), and drop set leg extensions. I can't work hams with quads any longer..or even calves. I am always soar for a week haha.

I got so serious with legs now that even on my business trips. I will do 18sets x 30 reps of bodyweight squats with 6sumo/6close stance/6normal. That actually made me soar for a week!

Anyways, long story short..i keep using leg day as my "mental toughness day", and because of that I've gained a solid 1.5" inches on my quads (28") in less than a year. Nobody said it would be easy!
    So motivating!!! Great story and great progress! Get some!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by thub1987 View Post
    Last time i squatted i couldnt walk upstairs without shedding a tear for an entire week, i must have a really bad tecnique or just overdid it :/
    If you ever have some time to record yourself and post it on here, you can get a lot of great feedback! I would be more than happy to help you!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SCYankeeJay View Post
    I love the wobbly leg feeling that I get for an hour or so after I hit my legs hard. My inability to walk normal is like a trophy of a good leg workout. i love it.

Haha! Yeah, this ^^^^^^^^

And the next day, when I can barely leave my desk without a groan.....
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

Originally Posted by AlanApe View Post
    Haha! Yeah, this ^^^^^^^^

And the next day, when I can barely leave my desk without a groan.....
    I'll forget all about how sore I am then go to get up from my desk and instantly feel the pain! Oh the things we appreciate in life!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had a leg day today and just couldnt get motivated before i got to the gym. But i wasnt gonna have a ****ty leg day. So on the way to the gym i listened to the speech given my Coach Flowers "I am a Champion". Im sure most of you have seen or heard it, if not youtube it and you will never feel the same about giving up or doubting yourself. Needless to say it go me ready to go crush some legs. And thats exactly what i did. Love the feeling of sitting her eating dinner knowing i can hardly get up to put my dishes in the sink.
    Keep at it and find your motivation. I know i found mine now.
    Harden the F_ck Up

Originally Posted by quayleman33 View Post
    Had a leg day today and just couldnt get motivated before i got to the gym. But i wasnt gonna have a ****ty leg day. So on the way to the gym i listened to the speech given my Coach Flowers "I am a Champion". Im sure most of you have seen or heard it, if not youtube it and you will never feel the same about giving up or doubting yourself. Needless to say it go me ready to go crush some legs. And thats exactly what i did. Love the feeling of sitting her eating dinner knowing i can hardly get up to put my dishes in the sink.
    Keep at it and find your motivation. I know i found mine now.

That a boy!! I love that speech too! If I ever need a little push, I'll pull that video up and as soon as the music starts I start to feel the fire! Great post!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Legs tomorrow... Mental prep starts NOW!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000) thqmas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sweet thread

Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's leg day for me. I will go to the gym in 2 hours, need to prepare myself. It will be again, an all-out training. Even today i feel the pain in my legs, after one week.

The problem is, i am a little bit overtrained. I hand't much sleep and I trained my back yesterday. Feeling like **** this day, i only wan't to sleep. Pain in muscles, headache...But anyway, i need to do this training, and i will do it properly! Tommorow i don't have training, and i can sleep and cry like a baby the whole day.

Normaly i regenerate prety fast, but yesterday i trained like mad...lifting heavy and hadn't much pause between sets.

Will take 3 or 4 scops of Jack3d and listen to some music for motivation...than i will go to the gym and blast the hell out of me....and pray that i will be able to communicate tommorow like a normal person.

Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000) Austinp55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here is what i watch on leg day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lLuqePY30E

Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Evelinn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i'm watching this video right now, I am champion motivation . Can somebody tell me the name of the background song? I have a fell it's soundtrack from Braveheart but i'm not sure.

TestPSSOARWiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Test pre-deploy wizard-created user

back home....the training was awesome, almost to easy :9. I feel like the king of the world...until tommorow, when i will cry like a baby and beg for mercy XD . 4 scoops of pwo booster did the work. Not sure if placebo (cuse the stimulants normaly don't work on me) but i don't care

Originally Posted by Evelinn View Post
    i'm watching this video right now, I am champion motivation . Can somebody tell me the name of the background song? I have a fell it's soundtrack from Braveheart but i'm not sure.
    back home....the training was awesome, almost to easy :9. I feel like the king of the world...until tommorow, when i will cry like a baby and beg for mercy XD . 4 scoops of pwo booster did the work. Not sure if placebo (cuse the stimulants normaly don't work on me) but i don't care
    Go with it if it works for you!
    As for the song, I'm not sure what it is but I LIKE IT!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

if anybody is interested, i found the song. It's the original soundtrack from the film/movie The Last of the Mohicans.

if anybody is interested, i found the song. It's the original soundtrack from the film/movie The Last of the Mohicans.
    Yeah buddy! Post it on here if you can!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com