JoeFriday91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help bulking / increase strength

Hello all...

As the title suggest, I am trying to gain muscle, roughly around 10-15 pounds. I'm working the same muscles once a week pretty hard.

All I'm doing now as far as dieting is trying to get more protein, via powder and other resources... But I'll be honest; I don't always even get my body weight in grams. I'll go ahead and assume I'm going to need something else besides "just" protein... What is vital to gaining muscle mass/strength?

Also I guess I can expect my bf% to go up? Should I ease up on my cardio or increase?

Thank you for your time!

impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) impossible12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ease on cardio or stop, if your not already doing the 5x5 madcow program maybe that will help you, search though, but your on the right path. Good luck.
    Currently (not natty<natty)

Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JoeFriday91 View Post
    Hello all...

As the title suggest, I am trying to gain muscle, roughly around 10-15 pounds. I'm working the same muscles once a week pretty hard.

All I'm doing now as far as dieting is trying to get more protein, via powder and other resources... But I'll be honest; I don't always even get my body weight in grams. I'll go ahead and assume I'm going to need something else besides "just" protein... What is vital to gaining muscle mass/strength?

Also I guess I can expect my bf% to go up? Should I ease up on my cardio or increase?

Thank you for your time!
    Make sure you get at least 1g of protein for every pound of bodyweight or more. Find out what your maintenance cals are, then eat 300-500 cals more than that everyday. As long as your routine is in check and you get enough sleep (at least 7-8 hours), you should make muscle and strength gains. Also, don't bother with cardio if it's hard for you to gain weight and at this point you don't need to be taking any supplements. You can expect some fat gain, but disregard that and gain muscle.

Cool

Okay thanks for the tips guys!

I'm naturally 176 and around 12-14% bf. (By "naturally" I mean not dieting at all, just straight working out)

Also, I'm doing barbell press, and decline-dumbell presses and flat-dumbell flies... But I'm wanting to building the bottom of my chest. Trying to get the "undercut-look". Any tips on that? Will decline do that for me? I'll be honest, it doesn't feel like it's working my bottom chest, just the outer part of my pecs.

Thanks!

Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Okay thanks for the tips guys!

I'm naturally 176 and around 12-14% bf. (By "naturally" I mean not dieting at all, just straight working out)

Also, I'm doing barbell press, and decline-dumbell presses and flat-dumbell flies... But I'm wanting to building the bottom of my chest. Trying to get the "undercut-look". Any tips on that? Will decline do that for me? I'll be honest, it doesn't feel like it's working my bottom chest, just the outer part of my pecs.

Thanks!
    Do dips.

Talking

Okay thank you! Another question if you guys don't mind!

I've been eating at subway for my lunches recently... I realized today I'm getting around 48 grams of protein and 830 calories..

Am I wasting that by eating it all at once? It's in a foot long sandwich so I could split it in half or quarters even.

Thanks!!

BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Okay thank you! Another question if you guys don't mind!

I've been eating at subway for my lunches recently... I realized today I'm getting around 48 grams of protein and 830 calories..

Am I wasting that by eating it all at once? It's in a foot long sandwich so I could split it in half or quarters even.

Thanks!!
    I'd split it in half and spread it out maybe 2 hours. Good for your metabolism.
    Ron Paul 2012