amnjacobs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cant lose the weight around the love handles!!! Help please?

I'm 20 years old in the United States Air Force. I work out every morning, eat somewhat healthy due to not being able to select what I eat. I do have a flat stomach but my love handles WONT GO AWAY! I just want to lose them...

I'm going to Hawaii soon and want to look my best out on the beach. If I could lose some inches in the waist and cut the "love handles" off that would be fantastic.

If anyone could help me with supplement use, workouts, what to eat and when. I just need the initial help. Thank you ahead of time!

Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dietdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not fun

Originally Posted by amnjacobs View Post
    I'm 20 years old in the United States Air Force. I work out every morning, eat somewhat healthy due to not being able to select what I eat. I do have a flat stomach but my love handles WONT GO AWAY! I just want to lose them...

I'm going to Hawaii soon and want to look my best out on the beach. If I could lose some inches in the waist and cut the "love handles" off that would be fantastic.

If anyone could help me with supplement use, workouts, what to eat and when. I just need the initial help. Thank you ahead of time!
    BUT HIIT with plenty of sprints...do them till you must sit down, then do them some more...it will be grueling but worth the effort...

GL
    Never, ever, ever give up...with each setback you never know just how close to success you are...

older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000)

What is your body fat %? At 190lbs, it could be a lot higher than you think, even if you are very muscular.
    05/24/2009, 186.2 lbs
    04/01/2010, 159.4 lbs

Loose rhymes with goose. Lose rhymes with ooze.

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If your avi pix is some what near your current self and your trip is 3 months away, I say its possible to drop enough weight to show abs.

If your diet and lifting routine in check, like a poster suggested, try out HIIT.

HIIT For NOOBS

FYI -> You cannot stop reduce a spot on your body, only overall weight loss and love handles are last.

Registered User ShatteringDoubt's Avatar
    ShatteringDoubt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All bodyfat is stored in the stomach/love handles. It is going to come off everywhere else first. Just keep pushing yourself during PT. One good way is to piss your platoon leader off, I'm sure he will help out, haha. Just keep pushing yourself, and you will get there big dog.

beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beyondbasic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im in the same boat im dropping weight great. just doesnt look like its coming off the handles. i guess we just keep the diet and hitt. good luck man. rep for rep for effort.

I appreciate all of the replies... Just wondering if doing some sort of circuit training would keep my heart rate up enough to lose some weight while keeping the body building up because running for long distances isn't good for me. I've been having problems with my knee for quite some time and just got an MRI done on it. So any alternatives? or am I just screwed? lol

meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000) meefed is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm 20 years old in the United States Air Force. I work out every morning, eat somewhat healthy due to not being able to select what I eat.
    Not able to select what you eat? I don't believe that statement is entirely accurate. Every military dining facility I have ever been in has at least had some variety/choices of food to eat. The only exception being when out in the field/remote area. Hell even where I am at now, if there is something on the main menu I cant eat, I will supplement my meal with a shake or something.

Originally Posted by meefed View Post
    Not able to select what you eat? I don't believe that statement is entirely accurate. Every military dining facility I have ever been in has at least had some variety/choices of food to eat. The only exception being when out in the field/remote area. Hell even where I am at now, if there is something on the main menu I cant eat, I will supplement my meal with a shake or something.
    I do get to select what I eat in a sense that it's either bacon, sausage, magic scrambled eggs or special k cereal. I choose the cereal for breakfast. For lunch: fried fish, mozzarella sticks, chips or a turkey sandwich for lunch... I choose the sandwich. Dinner comes around you have your choice of some mixture of beef, fried chicken, or again fried fish or a grilled chicken sandwich. I'm just getting tired of eating the same thing because there is no variety in HEALTHY foods. A person can only eat so much salad, sandwiches, and cereal.... So with that said there are choices I do make that help me stay the way I am, but its the fact that its the ONLY way to stay the way I am. No change in diet what so ever. I even tried to portion myself and that went over like a lead balloon because we cant go to the DFAC and get food 6 times a day.. only 3.. so I'm pretty much starving myself from meal to meal.. I just really dont know what to do.

Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seyton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do get to select what I eat in a sense that it's either bacon, sausage, magic scrambled eggs or special k cereal. I choose the cereal for breakfast. For lunch: fried fish, mozzarella sticks, chips or a turkey sandwich for lunch... I choose the sandwich. Dinner comes around you have your choice of some mixture of beef, fried chicken, or again fried fish or a grilled chicken sandwich. I'm just getting tired of eating the same thing because there is no variety in HEALTHY foods. A person can only eat so much salad, sandwiches, and cereal.... So with that said there are choices I do make that help me stay the way I am, but its the fact that its the ONLY way to stay the way I am. No change in diet what so ever. I even tried to portion myself and that went over like a lead balloon because we cant go to the DFAC and get food 6 times a day.. only 3.. so I'm pretty much starving myself from meal to meal.. I just really dont know what to do.
    With that kind of selection it would not b hard to do a keto diet just my thoughts.
    To break down barriers you must ignore limits

Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    With that kind of selection it would not b hard to do a keto diet just my thoughts.
    I'll look into that... Thanks. Never heard of it before though. I'll go ask the Health and Wellness Center about it and see if I cant get put on a eating plan. Thanks again.

tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The fact of the matter is you can't spot reduce fat, you just can't. Like myself, your body likes to store the majority of your excess fat in the love handle areas. Well, like everyone else has said the absolute only way to get rid of them is to reduce overall bodyfat. If you are ruling out any possibility of dietary change, then the only thing you really can do is increase your overall daily caloric expenditure.

If you aren't training with weights, start! The is what is gonna make you look great in the long run.
    Basically, you're weight loss concentration work flow should look like:

Diet --- Weight Training --- Cardio
    *United States Marine Corps*
    LCpl Status achieved

Originally Posted by tblake87 View Post
    The fact of the matter is you can't spot reduce fat, you just can't. Like myself, your body likes to store the majority of your excess fat in the love handle areas. Well, like everyone else has said the absolute only way to get rid of them is to reduce overall bodyfat. If you are ruling out any possibility of dietary change, then the only thing you really can do is increase your overall daily caloric expenditure.

If you aren't training with weights, start! The is what is gonna make you look great in the long run.
    Basically, you're weight loss concentration work flow should look like:

Diet --- Weight Training --- Cardio
    Yes I do weight train every other day and I do cardio every day. If I lose weight all around thats fine, just want to keep up my muscle build. Which I know if I lower my food intake, caloric intake, carb intake, whatever the case may be it will affect my workout routine immensely. BUT I'll do whatever it takes. Thanks for the advice everyone!