Registered User bassplayer19a7x's Avatar
    bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I take Pre workout supplements?

Hey guys, i've been lifting for around 2 years now and the only supplements i've taken are various whey proteins, and the mass gainer muscle juice. I am currently bulking to around 155, the i'm going to cut to maybe 140, not so sure yet (I know im very light). I weight about 147-148 now so i don't have too much more to go. I was starting to wonder if pre workout supplements, like nitric oxide, or creatine, etc. are effective for helping build muscle or lose fat. What pre workout supplements would you guys recommend for bulking? Cutting? Thanks.

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bassplayer19a7x View Post
    Hey guys, i've been lifting for around 2 years now and the only supplements i've taken are various whey proteins, and the mass gainer muscle juice. I am currently bulking to around 155, the i'm going to cut to maybe 140, not so sure yet (I know im very light). I weight about 147-148 now so i don't have too much more to go. I was starting to wonder if pre workout supplements, like nitric oxide, or creatine, etc. are effective for helping build muscle or lose fat. What pre workout supplements would you guys recommend for bulking? Cutting? Thanks.
    How old are you?

Also, the bold shows you need to do more research on what you're buying.

bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassplayer19a7x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shermanatorx View Post
    How old are you?

Also, the bold shows you need to do more research on what you're buying.
    Im 17. I honestly don't know really anything about pre workout supplements. I just go by what my friends tell me, and as far as i know they might not know what they are talking about.

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bassplayer19a7x View Post
    Im 17. I honestly don't know really anything about pre workout supplements. I just go by what my friends tell me, and as far as i know they might not know what they are talking about.
    I hate to generalize and make assumptions, but that is typically the case with teens(there are exceptions). Just step into any high school weight room, you'll see what I mean.

I think 17 is fine for pre workouts, I personally started when I was 18. Many companies will not advocate them at your age, generally they're sold for 18y/old+.

My favorite pre workout is White Flood by Controlled Labs, i'd check it out.

You should also become more informed about supplementation before you purchase products.

Originally Posted by Shermanatorx View Post
    I hate to generalize and make assumptions, but that is typically the case with teens(there are exceptions). Just step into any high school weight room, you'll see what I mean.

I think 17 is fine for pre workouts, I personally started when I was 18. Many companies will not advocate them at your age, generally they're sold for 18y/old+.

My favorite pre workout is White Flood by Controlled Labs, i'd check it out.

You should also become more informed about supplementation before you purchase products.
    Yeah thanks man, i'm definitely going to research more before i buy anything, i was just looking for a place to start.

Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You shouldn't take supplements if you're under 18, and it's not like you don't have enough energy to get jacked up on PWOs. Generally speaking, look for something that has Arginine in it (obviously), beta-alanine, but not that much caffeine (usually, more than 300mg/serving doesn't bode that well). I alternate between Hot Blood and A.M.P N.O Loaded. I don't take the recommended serving because that'd be too much caffeine, but I still get the energy boost. Cycle it. 3 months on, 1 month off, or your body will get used to the stimulants. Good luck.
    I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout.

Originally Posted by Species8 View Post
    You shouldn't take supplements if you're under 18, and it's not like you don't have enough energy to get jacked up on PWOs. Generally speaking, look for something that has Arginine in it (obviously), beta-alanine, but not that much caffeine (usually, more than 300mg/serving doesn't bode that well). I alternate between Hot Blood and A.M.P N.O Loaded. I don't take the recommended serving because that'd be too much caffeine, but I still get the energy boost. Cycle it. 3 months on, 1 month off, or your body will get used to the stimulants. Good luck.
    Anyone wanna touch on this?

Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Species8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is your keyboard broken?
    I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The best advice for anyone in highschool as far as weightlifting goes.

Dont listen to any of your friends or local supplement retailer employees, they have no idea what they are talking about.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

My keyboard is made of pure adamantium, it will never break.

Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Exhausticator is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Instead of Arginine.. I would lean more towards Agmatine as far as a potential "pump" product goes.. it also has other benefits.

I tried Arginine awhile back and noticed nothing from it.

One of the original studies done on Arginine (in regards to its affect on HGH) were done using around 30g's via an IV. The amount needed to achieve that when taken orally would be pretty much impossible for someone to tolerate without getting absolutely sick to your stomach.

Of course, supplement companies neglect to inform people of that particularity.

Creatine isn't a preworkout. It's a chronic affect not an acute one. 3-5g's daily is fine taken with water (no need to load or take with carbs).

Beta Alalnine.. eh, I don't know about that one. I took it for about 5 months at a dose between 3.2-6g's. When I cycled off of it I noticed no decrease in DOMS nor strength/endurance. So, I'm now questioning its true effectiveness.

Preworkouts.. that's up to you on which one you'd want to use. Even just simple 200mg Caffeine caps would do the trick if a boost of energy is what you're looking for.

Just keep it simple with whatever you decide to do.