Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PancakesRgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Should I be working my arms everyday?

Hi. Im 16, I live in western Canada. I have been lifting weights on a regular basis for about 2 months now and I have seen some results. But I am curious to know if I should be working my arms everyday. I currently only have 20lb and 35lb dumbells to work with. I need some advice on how many reps I should do each day (or how many times per week I should work em). I would like my arms to be bigger and stronger then they currently are and I am wondering what is the best way to achieve results? Should I work them hard twice per week? Or should I work them mediumish everyday?

I am doing a good amount of leg exersize, as we now have a bike trainer system (im sorry I have no idea what its called lol) and I seem to be recieving results with that. But I would like my arms to look better than they currently are. Any pointers of what I should do?
    Last edited by PancakesRgood; 02-06-2010 at 02:45 PM.

snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't do them everyday. Just read some of the sticky'd articles for beginners and check out some articles on bb.com.

DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500) DaDemDatDere is not very helpful. (-500)
    do them everyday cuz thatz how u get tonez.. do high reps too cuz datz kewl

BeepBust has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeepBust has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeepBust has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I assume you're talking about your forearms?

If so, I'd recommend two exercises:

1) This might sound funny but if you just exercise using a stress ball (the sponge balls that you get at convenience stores), it majorly helps your forearms get broader.

2) Pick up a dumbbell, and while kneeling down, place your elbow on a bench and curl your wrist and back again.

jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    R u talking about biceps? U should work them twice a week of so. Hit triceps too they make up over 70% of ur arm, something alot of beginners don't know.
    reps for life
    slowbus

rep back 400+

Displeasing Aesthetically scantraxx's Avatar
    scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scantraxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DaDemDatDere View Post
    do them everyday cuz thatz how u get tonez.. do high reps too cuz datz kewl
    bad advice is bad

Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Curlz for da Gurlz
    "If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get what you've always had."

Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000)
    for maximum gains, work your biceps 2x a day with 5 types of curls, 5 sets of each. this will get you HUGE arms! don't work triceps, they dont make your arms look big or anything.. pointless! good luck man.

p.s. make sure to work abs too that will get you massive
    MAX: 230kgx5 squat
    140kgx5 bench

FUTURE POWERLIFTER CREW

Alright, thanks for the good feedback guys. my biceps are a good size, however my triceps are too small (at least I think). Im going to purchase a gym membership (there is one just down the street, lucky for me ) so I can get access to more equipment to work my body with. I have a good balanced diet at the moment (I am training to become a chef) and that seems to be helping allot. I will continue with my arm building, thanks for all the help

Oh, on a second note:
    I have PE Pectus Excavatum (hole in your chest). Its not verrrrry bad like some people have, but you can notice it. Is there any way I can work my abs so that its less noticable? Whats that muscle called that is just under your sternum? Cause thats what I would need to work (I suppose) to make it less noticable.

gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gettinitdun17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    work armss every other dsay not every sday of the week
    Bench: 250
    Squat: 300
    Deadlift: 415

***Gettingitdun17 "You do bench 245" crew.***

Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gettinitdun17 View Post
    work armss every other dsay not every sday of the week
    lol, you're being serious with this aren't you.. your lifts, no way mate
    MAX: 230kgx5 squat
    140kgx5 bench

FUTURE POWERLIFTER CREW

Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    lol, you're being serious with this aren't you.. your lifts, no way mate

What do you mean by that?

trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude working your arms everyday is just stupid......lol jk guys im not a noob or something.
    seriously though biceps everyday to the max.ive been doing it for about 2 months and im 5' 10'' 155 and have 16 inch arms bro...srs is srs
    im not gonna lie my bicep workout is pretty awesome...this is what you do:
    1-hammer curls 4x15.this is to get a nice warm up.
    2-bicep curls 7x25<<<<**** will have you tingling cuss
    3-pull ups...jk dont even foul around with this sissy crap
    4-superset hammer curls and bicep curls 4x30.do this to burn my muscles out.

to the idiot who said triceps are 70% of the arm.....GTFO!!!!srs bromeister,go read before you post again.
    triceps are 23.666% of the arm....and seriously its .666%!!!!!!!!you really wanna screw with a muscle that involves the number 666????

dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    twice a day bro.

Originally Posted by trevor.m View Post
    dude working your arms everyday is just stupid......lol jk guys im not a noob or something.
    seriously though biceps everyday to the max.ive been doing it for about 2 months and im 5' 10'' 155 and have 16 inch arms bro...srs is srs
    im not gonna lie my bicep workout is pretty awesome...this is what you do:
    1-hammer curls 4x15.this is to get a nice warm up.
    2-bicep curls 7x25<<<<**** will have you tingling cuss
    3-pull ups...jk dont even foul around with this sissy crap
    4-superset hammer curls and bicep curls 4x30.do this to burn my muscles out.

to the idiot who said triceps are 70% of the arm.....GTFO!!!!srs bromeister,go read before you post again.
    triceps are 23.666% of the arm....and seriously its .666%!!!!!!!!you really wanna screw with a muscle that involves the number 666????

Alright, thanks. Im trying to even everything out though. my triceps need some work, but my biceps are okay. I have read that its not good to work em everyday, every few days apparently work them hard because muscle builds in your sleep. I dont know though.

Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Heroin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's my routine

Before School (5:30 AM) Bis/Tris

Weight Training 10:30 AM Bis/Abs

After School Tris

Night time Bis
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126535373

trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trevor.m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PancakesRgood View Post
    Alright, thanks. Im trying to even everything out though. my triceps need some work, but my biceps are okay. I have read that its not good to work em everyday, every few days apparently work them hard because muscle builds in your sleep. I dont know though.
    u know what time it is where i am?dinner time...u know whats your dinner?broscience cause your post has me raging!!!!!!
    the people who say thats its not smart are the same people who need an excuse not to push some iron.thats all it is,dont let that crap get into your head.srs bro ive seen it ruin more that one person.one true thing though is muscle does grow while your sleeping...but dont u sleep every night???so why not make give it a reason to grow every night???dude just please dont fall head over heels for that typed up garbage bc thats all it is...garbage.you know what my life modo is?ill tell it to u and i want u to live by it just as i do.

Everyday,because your better.
    Think about it,live by it.

u know what time it is where i am?dinner time...u know whats your dinner?broscience cause your post has me raging!!!!!!
    the people who say thats its not smart are the same people who need an excuse not to push some iron.thats all it is,dont let that crap get into your head.srs bro ive seen it ruin more that one person.one true thing though is muscle does grow while your sleeping...but dont u sleep every night???so why not make give it a reason to grow every night???dude just please dont fall head over heels for that typed up garbage bc thats all it is...garbage.you know what my life modo is?ill tell it to u and i want u to live by it just as i do.

Everyday,because your better.
    Think about it,live by it.

Alright. Your 14?
    Ive been lifting every night, and I have seen some good results. I just want my muscles bigger (like every other guy).

Originally Posted by Heroin View Post
    Here's my routine

Before School (5:30 AM) Bis/Tris

Weight Training 10:30 AM Bis/Abs

After School Tris

Night time Bis

So, how long have you been doing this routine?

BTW I never wake up at 5:30 lol. Try 8:00 for me haha.

Originally Posted by PancakesRgood View Post
    Alright. Your 14?
    Ive been lifting every night, and I have seen some good results. I just want my muscles bigger (like every other guy).
    no little bro made account and i stole it.didnt want to create my own and since i have huge,raging,pumped up arms i got the account.looked for a way to change the age but never found out how.i am actually 19 so dont think your taking advice from an uninformed 14 year old hahahaha how funny would that be?

no little bro made account and i stole it.didnt want to create my own and since i have huge,raging,pumped up arms i got the account.looked for a way to change the age but never found out how.i am actually 19 so dont think your taking advice from an uninformed 14 year old hahahaha how funny would that be?
    hahahaha. I have known a few 14 year olds that lift weights lol. But I was thinking: Is this guy for real? Lol

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been oscillating between replying with something stupid and replying with a serious response. I've decided that since you're probably actually taking most of the jokes here seriously, I'm going to help you out.

As a beginner, I would not be isolating arms at all. You do not need your biceps peaks to get bigger - you need overall strength and size.

Don't post stupid **** like this. Get out of the teen bodybuilding section and go read the workout programs and exercise forums if you want serious responses. Use the search feature.

And no, you should not be working your arms even close to everyday.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

anonymous
    You can either dedicate one day of your split to arms (bis, tris, delts) or work each part of your arm in conjunction with a larger muscle.

Example: Back/Bis or Chest/Tris or Delts/Traps

ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShipHappens is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigaznjeff View Post
    You can either dedicate one day of your split to arms (bis, tris, delts) or work each part of your arm in conjunction with a larger muscle.

Example: Back/Bis or Chest/Tris or Delts/Traps
    This. Look into different splits to see which you'd feel better doing. Every muscle needs to rest, so you don't want to work any muscle everyday.

Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    I've been oscillating between replying with something stupid and replying with a serious response. I've decided that since you're probably actually taking most of the jokes here seriously, I'm going to help you out.

As a beginner, I would not be isolating arms at all. You do not need your biceps peaks to get bigger - you need overall strength and size.

Don't post stupid **** like this. Get out of the teen bodybuilding section and go read the workout programs and exercise forums if you want serious responses. Use the search feature.

Ummm...im asking stupid ****? I think it was a legit question that I was asking.

am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000) am1991 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your muscles need at least 2 days of rest.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Curls get you girls my boy

jay3078 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ayeohh

Originally Posted by musicianman View Post

/watch?v=JHiKDa4ip_Q[/url]

patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Someones been watchin dat dere CT fletcher
    Bench: 245
    Squat: 395
    Deadlift: 405

stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can lift bicep abs and calfs everyday if you wanted but i dont reccomend it because you will be unproportional