Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Skull crushers Vs. Tricep push down

Which one wins?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pushdown:

Skullcrusher:

TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Both are forms of extensions. There is no definitive answer as to which exercise is superior to another as there are too many variables. If you list your entire program in detail, current nutritional plan, strength levels, goals, lifting history and why you feel the need to choose between these two exercises then you will likely get more helpful answers.

Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TrainSmarter View Post
    Both are forms of extensions. There is no definitive answer as to which exercise is superior to another as there are too many variables. If you list your entire program in detail, current nutritional plan, strength levels, goals, lifting history and why you feel the need to choose between these two exercises then you will likely get more helpful answers.
    Oh I prefer skulls. I'm interested in which one you prefer.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    French Presses FTW!!

Skulls will add more size to an arm undoubtly. Elbow's out extensions are more effective for mass when it comes to pressdowns imo.

TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrainSmarter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Skwidward View Post
    Oh I prefer skulls. I'm interested in which one you prefer.
    I'm not sure why my personal preferences are relevant to the discussion, but to answer I prefer the exercise that fits in my program and moves me towards my goals the quickest.

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TrainSmarter View Post
    I'm not sure why my personal preferences are relevant to the discussion, but to answer I prefer the exercise that fits in my program and moves me towards my goals the quickest.
    Are you by any chance a politician?

SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    skulls are preferred, but you see alot of people doing them incorrectly. the most effective skull crusher is when your head lies off the bench and you allow the bar to travel behind and under your head.

but i prefer Adam's Extensions
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exerc...extensions.htm
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

I have a buddy who is a mover, so needless to say he does a lot of lifting stuff off the ground. First time in the gym he deadlifted 405 relatively easily (his grip was the only limiting factor.)

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IRONMANN1 View Post
    Skulls will add more size to an arm undoubtly. Elbow's out extensions are more effective for mass when it comes to pressdowns imo.
    Agreed. Add in close-grip benches (I prefer mine on a decline) and dips as additional tricep mass-builders.

Pushdowns performed with elbows in I consider an iso move, not a mass move.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Bulking Diet Overachiever darkwwolf's Avatar
    darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Skull Crushers FTW!
    "I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life."

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If I had to choose between the two I'd pick the tricep pressdowns.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Bulking Diet Overachiever darkwwolf's Avatar
    darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkwwolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    Clearly your results are lacking, I choose to ignore your advice...
    "I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life."

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skwidward View Post
    Which one wins?
    For most people, skullcrushers.

1. The long head is stretched and therefore activated more completely

2. It is done with free weights which elicits a higher neural response

3. The resistance curve is such that it favors the length/tension of the triceps.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    For most people, skullcrushers.

1. The long head is stretched and therefore activated more completely

2. It is done with free weights which elicits a higher neural response

3. The resistance curve is such that it favors the length/tension of the triceps.
    I gotta agree here, skullcrushers have blew my tris up.

jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SteveCNY View Post
    skulls are preferred, but you see alot of people doing them incorrectly. the most effective skull crusher is when your head lies off the bench and you allow the bar to travel behind and under your head.
    If your extentions go behind and under your head, I am guessing you are no longer doing skull crushers, They are called skull crushers because they stop at your skull. Seems doing them under your head would lead to injury.

SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveCNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jgbuf View Post
    If your extentions go behind and under your head, I am guessing you are no longer doing skull crushers, They are called skull crushers because they stop at your skull. Seems doing them under your head would lead to injury.
    keeping elbows locked, it allows for a full extension and range of motion that the typical "to the skull" doesnt offer. give it a shot before u count it out.
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by darkwwolf View Post
    Clearly your results are lacking, I choose to ignore your advice...
    Skullcrushers lose because I like having pain-free elbow joints.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some people are different, i feel no pain with skullcrushers.

beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    man, skullcrushers kill my tendons. I'm limited to pushdowns, angled skulls or french, dips and decline CGBP. Anyone got some more suggestions

oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oskimbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skull crushers. I like doing them close and reverse griped.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept.
    Were not obtained by sudden flight;
    But they, while their companions slept,
    Were toiling upward in the night.
    Standing on what too long we bore,
    With shoulders bent and downcast eyes,
    We may discern-unseen before-
    A path to higher destinies!"
    ~Longfellow

IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How'd i know you'd say that.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    use DBs
    Who was this love of yours?

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    x2. i prefer OH rope extensions on the cable machine for the long head of the tris. no pain on those
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IRONMANN1 View Post
    French Presses FTW!!

I like French presses better too. Between the 2 in the first thread I would go with skulls.

Scottish & Proud Hulston Prickle's Avatar
    Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hulston Prickle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I mix it up with French Press and Skullcrushers, with kickbacks thrown in as a finisher on supersets.

glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glimerxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok so to further the question, rope pushdowns v straight bar pushdowns, dumbell skull crushers V barbell skulls , discuss lol

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    use DBs
    I do... for 2 handed overhead extensions.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat