JoeTheHook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulders Hurt with dips.

I always get pain in my shoulders while doing dips way before I even begin to feel the exercise in my chest, i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or maybe substituted dips with some sort of similar exercise? (excluding the decline bench)
    Thanks

adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000) adc123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dips are not a good exercise if you have bad shoulders or loose, painful ones like mine. Just cut them out of your routine...

Bench dips might be less painful. They are for me...

nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It also has to do with how far you go down. Full ROM dips will cause me to experience shoulder pain over time. I only go down to the point where my biceps are parrallel to the floor. Also doing a couple of 1 rep warm ups sets will reduce pain.

teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000) teebonesteakus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JoeTheHook View Post
    I always get pain in my shoulders while doing dips way before I even begin to feel the exercise in my chest, i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or maybe substituted dips with some sort of similar exercise? (excluding the decline bench)
    Thanks
    True, if your doing chest, do deep dips, if your doing triceps, go to 90%. Most likly you already developed some shoulder issues, it could of easy happened during other exercises, like bench.... Just make sure you keep good form in performing your exercise.
    armorfitness.net

deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deadlift58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have old injuries in both shoulders that cause me to be able to do dips very infrequently, so i just dont do them anymore. they used to be a favorite excersise of mine, the short answer is: if it hurts, and not in that "good" way we all know, then dont do it.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JoeTheHook View Post
    Thanks
    If for chest: decline press (DB or BB) and flat presses with a arch.

If for triceps: CGBP.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

JoeTheHook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the help, i have **** joints to begin with (which also lead me to dislocate my knee cap) so that probably is the cause. I will try some bench dips and warm up a few times first to see if there is a difference. Otherwise im gunna scrap the dips from my routine.

IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nixter View Post
    It also has to do with how far you go down. Full ROM dips will cause me to experience shoulder pain over time. I only go down to the point where my biceps are parrallel to the floor. Also doing a couple of 1 rep warm ups sets will reduce pain.
    this.
    Do or do not. There is no 'try'.

mikedeeds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Going to far down on the dips can strain the shoulder muscle. Lowering down until the biceps are parallel with the floor is ideal, at least personally speaking. Also, just because your feeling pain doesn't mean that dips aren't for you. The motion is not like any normal shoulder exercise you perform to work your shoulders isolated. Start doing dips but only go down 30% the first day. The next time stretch your muscles and try going down 50%, until your shoulders are flexible enough to go down to parallel level. This worked for me and I had the same problem you had doing dips.

CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doing RC exercises helped me with this problem

Also concentrate on keeping your torso vertical and your elbows in and you should find the pain subsides. Do you find it hurts the most when your elbows flare out?
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+