Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Liver pain?

Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Liver pain?

Everytime 15 minutes to an hour after I take a Havoc capsule I get a pain on the low right side of my ribs.
    After a short search it seems my liver is located there (I had more important things to do during biology at school).

I know this stuff isn't all that great for your liver, but have never heard someone mentioning this pain...?

sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushiracer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    id go get that checked out....your liver is a filter and the havoc may be hard for your liver to process...you drinking a lot of water?

Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fate12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah I drink lots of water
    You think I might better stop taking this?

I just thought it was weird because I never heard anyone mention it.

back to the basics RenegadeRows's Avatar
    RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Could be all in your head.

Usually problems with the liver aren't assocaited with pain

Try dosing with food.
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING The WAR Against Genetics
    RenegadeRows [@] controlledlabs.com

Well I didn't know where the liver was located until I searched for it
    I noticed it right the first time I took a pill. After 1,5 hrs the (mild) pain is gone. Overall I'm feeling great.

I'm only taking 10mg each day for two weeks now, just as a support to my cutting. I wanted to take 20mg for the last two weeks but thinking about stopping, the pain makes me kind of nervous...

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Could be all in your head.

Usually problems with the liver aren't assocaited with pain

Try dosing with food.
    Bold statement, and incorrect. Depends on the type of problem.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by uhockey View Post
    Bold statement, and incorrect. Depends on the type of problem.
    I stand corrected. Usually with liver problems however, the symptoms are more pronounced then 'pain underneath the ribs'.
    jaundice, or yellowing of the skin
    darkened urine
    nausea
    loss of appetite
    unusual weight loss or weight gain
    vomiting
    diarrhea
    light-colored stools
    abdominal pain in the upper right part of the stomach
    malaise, or a vague feeling of illness
    generalized itching
    varicose veins (enlarged blood vessels)
    fatigue
    hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
    low grade fever
    muscle aches and pains
    loss of sex drive
    depression
    Having used the product in question and experienced the same side effect, I can say that while on steroids, your mind plays tricks on you. But to be safe, you should go see a medical doctor.

Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't think I saw you comment on this, but are you taking this with food (Especially fatty food seems to help as Bloute mentioned in his guide)? If I don't take this with enough food I have pain/cramping in my abdomanal region.

Originally Posted by jjlee138 View Post
    Don't think I saw you comment on this, but are you taking this with food (Especially fatty food seems to help as Bloute mentioned in his guide)? If I don't take this with enough food I have pain/cramping in my abdomanal region.
    agreed

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fate12 View Post
    You think I might better stop taking this?

yes

I always take it 30 minutes after breakfast.
    Anyway, I don't feel like taking any more risks then this so I'll stop taking it.

I'm just suprised that others are taking 30/40 mg with no complaints, and I have this on 10mg.

whoisurdaddyandwutduzhedo BIG F@CE's Avatar
    BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    upper right stomach pains hit me too.
    didnt know it was a sign of liver function until now

right under the ribs.

interesting. i had the same problems as the OP.......

hasnt returned since starting PCT.
    kick a frog

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everytime 15 minutes to an hour after I take a Havoc capsule I get a pain on the low right side of my ribs.
    After a short search it seems my liver is located there (I had more important things to do during biology at school).

I know this stuff isn't all that great for your liver, but have never heard someone mentioning this pain...?
    Originally Posted by BIG F@CE View Post
    upper right stomach pains hit me too.
    didnt know it was a sign of liver function until now

right under the ribs.

interesting. i had the same problems as the OP.......

this is a very interesting observation.

would you guys mind to answer the following questions?

- how long does the pain last?
    - when you press with your hand on your ribs / abdomen at the location from where the pain comes from, does it hurt a little bit or not at all?
    - did the colour of your stool changed? (e.g. did it become more bright / white)?
    - did you get any other gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, stool irregularities (constipation / diarrhea)?
    - have you possibly developed an aversion against fatty foods like e.g. fat meat or french fries?

this could help to better categorize what is going on.

thanks!

BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BIG F@CE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dr.P View Post
    this is a very interesting observation.

would you guys mind to answer the following questions?

30 minutes after the dose for about 2-4 hours

- when you press with your hand on your ribs / abdomen at the location from where the pain comes from, does it hurt a little bit or not at all?
    putting pressure on it helps eleviate (sp) the pain

- did the colour of your stool changed? (e.g. did it become more bright / white)?
    very light in color while on cycle just started becoming darker the past day or so

- did you get any other gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, stool irregularities (constipation / diarrhea)?
    constipated very. no diarrhea just harder to pass

- have you possibly developed an aversion against fatty foods like e.g. fat meat or french fries?
    yup which i thought was a good thing ...cant stand looking it these types of food anymore

this could help to better categorize what is going on.

thanks!
    answers in teh boldz

the last question never even crossed my mind until now. u must be a dr!!!!
    kick a frog

Cool

answers in teh boldz

the last question never even crossed my mind until now. u must be a dr!!!!

constipation + light/white stool + aversion against fats are very strong signs of bile congestion. I guess a blood test would reveal elevated levels of billirubine, alkalic phosphatase (AP) and some minor changes of liver enzymes.

this is a typical and dreaded side effect of methylated orals. and methyl-epithiostanol is such one.

When I just remember how certain individuals (whom I will not name now) have been saying how "particularly liver-friendly" epistane is. LOL! (if it wasn't so sad)
    Last edited by Dr.P; 05-10-2007 at 11:13 AM.

constipation + light/white stool + aversion against fats are very strong signs of bile congestion. I guess a blood test would reveal elevated levels of billirubine, alkalic phosphatase (AP) and some minor changes of liver enzymes.

this is typical for methylated orals. and methyl-epithiostanol is such one.

When I just remember how certain individuals (whom I will not name now) have been saying how "particularly liver-friendly" epistane is. LOL! (if it wasn't so sad)
    typical....yay.

will my levels eventually return to normal or should i run tell dat to a doc?

bile congestion....yuck.
    kick a frog

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BIG [email
    F@CE;41768461]typical....yay[/email].

will my levels eventually return to normal or should i run tell dat to a doc?

bile congestion....yuck.
    I'd definitely see a doctor.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

contemplating it very heavily.
    honeslty do not feel like explaining all the **** ive been and am taking atm.
    kick a frog

dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000)

this is a typical and dreaded side effect of methylated orals. and methyl-epithiostanol is such one.

Interesting and the "liver-friendly" part is probably making this more of a common occurence. Many seem to be dosing this very high from the start (which if you're going to usedthese methyl orals isn't a wise choice) and increasing the cycle length.

Personally I don't care what methyl we're referring to. If you're going to run a cycle I'd keep it short and sweet (3 weeks) and take extra caution planning out support supps and PCT. NO need to take even more risks.

To everyone experiencing these problems I'd defintiley go see a doctor.

Thumbs up

in the light of this:

this would be the logical consequence:

what exactly should i tell the doctor?

when he asks what im taking or have taken?
    kick a frog

Tell him that you have been taking a methylated prohormone which is currently legal, in hopes of perfecting your physique. Tell him you realize it was a bad choice and that you're concerned and would like LFTs, Alk Phos, Billirubin levels assessed, as well as total cholesterol levels. Get these tests done and go from there.

people should always tell the truth when they are speaking with their doctor

no, seriously, just tell how things are:

"I have pain under my ribs, white stool, constipation, and I can't eat fats"

doc: hmmm, are you taking any drugs?

"no. well, actually I have bought an OTC dietary supplement tht helps to increase physical performance"

doc: O'RLY? what's the name of it?

"I think it's methylepithiostanol. it is a legal methylated anabolic androgenic steroid"

doc: and the problems started after you started taking this?

"yes"

doc: and you don't take it anymore?

"no, but I still have problems"

doc: O.K., let's do some bloodwork and ultrasound of the abdomen and then we will see.

if it turns ouot to be indeed gall congestion, then he will prescribe you something that helps with gall congestion (such as ursodeoxycholic acid).

I would recommend you to take Lecithin (in low doses), to avoid heavy meals and to drink a lot of water.

thanks guys.

ill call in a few
    kick a frog

Registered Shred Master kamikazikid's Avatar
    kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kamikazikid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had a pain in the same area, although after a visit to the doc, it turned out to be kidneys.
    see thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post41771401

but I'm also on Havoc, so I thought you might wanna check
    Training Log using Westside Methods http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142607911

Smile

thanks guys.

ill call in a few
    you are welcome and get well soon!!!

people should always tell the truth when they are speaking with their doctor

no, seriously, just tell how things are:

"I have pain under my ribs, white stool, constipation, and I can't eat fats"

doc: hmmm, are you taking any drugs?

"no. well, actually I have bought an OTC dietary supplement tht helps to increase physical performance"

doc: O'RLY? what's the name of it?

"I think it's methylepithiostanol. it is a legal methylated anabolic androgenic steroid"

doc: and the problems started after you started taking this?

"yes"

doc: and you don't take it anymore?

"no, but I still have problems"

doc: O.K., let's do some bloodwork and ultrasound of the abdomen and then we will see.

if it turns ouot to be indeed gall congestion, then he will prescribe you something that helps with gall congestion (such as ursodeoxycholic acid).

I would recommend you to take Lecithin (in low doses), to avoid heavy meals and to drink a lot of water.
    Very good call.

dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn Dr.P and uhockey dropping knowledge in the same thread. I feel like I should be taking notes or something LOL

less then an hour

never tried, don't think it would have hurt

not that I noticed

Nope

No not at all..

Glad I only ran 10mg.
    I going to flush 1 and a half bottle of Havoc down the toilet tomorrow and consider it a hard lesson at age 39!

Don't think I need to see a doctor though, I'm really feeling fine.
    But I will have my liver tested! (tested it before I started it just to be on the safe side I thought...)
    Do I need to test it during pct or after, if after, how long after?

less then an hour

never tried, don't think it would have hurt

not that I noticed

Nope

No not at all..

Glad I only ran 10mg.
    I going to flush 1 and a half bottle of Havoc down the toilet tomorrow and consider it a hard lesson at age 39!

Don't think I need to see a doctor though, I'm really feeling fine.
    But I will have my liver tested! (tested it before I started it just to be on the safe side I thought...)
    Do I need to test it during pct or after, if after, how long after?
    ideally you'd get it tested before cycle end of cycle and after PCT.

As long as your at the doctors I'd get this checked out too, no reason not to