Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    toned
    nah. too muscular. excessive airbrushing, too. vinyl-like 'toned' skin: photoshop.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    working in a globogym as a trainer and doing lots of free assessments for 4 years, I've found that women usually use say their goal is to get "toned" when they don't think they need to get lighter but they know their body needs to change.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like the look of Lauren Brooks, kettlebell trainer.

My husband, a self-professed assman, would agree. Not sure if the typical girl would. Good thing only his opinion counts.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    I like the look of Lauren Brooks, kettlebell trainer.

http://www.ontheedgefitness.com/Port...Deadlift_2.jpg

My husband, a self-professed assman, would agree. Not sure if the typical girl would. Good thing only his opinion counts.
    She looks awesome!

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    nah. too muscular. excessive airbrushing, too. vinyl-like 'toned' skin: photoshop.
    Yeah the top one is airbrushed to the extreme. Bottom one was either done very discreetly or not much at all. Women have such wide and varying opinions, too... I showed that pic to a female friend of mine and she was grossed out by it, although I thought both were hot.
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by seanb1979 View Post
    I showed that pic to a female friend of mine and she was grossed out by it, although I thought both were hot.
    Wow, don't show her my pictures LOL.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    When the women come here on this board and say: I want a toned body, but not muscular,what exactly do they mean by this? What kind of body is toned but not muscular?
    Jennifer Aniston's? Isn't this a matter of genetics/fat distribution rather then specific training?

I know I might be taking this too seriously, but I cringe when I read this - "don't want to become too muscular". I had to work for every ounce of muscle that I got so far. And eat.
    Women are expecting muscle gains when they are eating like birds - not going to happen.
    And by working I mean lifting heavy and doing hard bodyweight exercises like pistol squats, handstand pushups, not the typical "girlie" toning workouts.

Anyway, sorry, I just had to rant today.
    Jennifer Anniston??? She's skinny fat. I saw one of her movies recently on DVD( It may have been The Break Up) and she had jiggly triceps.

Yeah, I did a photoshoot once just for fun (I know the photographer) and he showed me how he manipulates the images. He takes care of everything - cellulite, uneven skin tone etc.
    True. If you've seen the movie "Bigger Stronger Faster", there's a part where they show actual manlipulation of images. A fat dude turns buffed with abs in a hour for fake before and after pictures.

A few months ago, Oxygen Magazine got caught by readers with manipulated photos(the give away was a tatoo was in different places in different shots) and it was comical seeing Bob Kennedy giving a lame excuse for this type of deception which in actuality is photoshopping.

There was another case of photos in another issue of an IFBB figure pro in which one bathing suit picture clearly had implants ( C or D) under the top and another had small unenhanced b cups.

It makes you question any photo in the mags today.

Originally Posted by DixieAmazon View Post
    Toned = I don't want to work too hard.
    Originally Posted by bethanyboo View Post
    I also can't stand when people say they want "lean muscle". As opposed to bulky muscle? Muscle is muscle!
    TRUE!!!
    Last edited by egoatdoor; 02-03-2011 at 03:50 AM.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, don't show her my pictures LOL.
    haha i did that too :P

Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    True. If you've seen the movie "Bigger Stronger Faster", there's a part where they show actual manlipulation of images. A fat dude turns buffed with abs in a hour for fake before and after pictures.

A few months ago, Oxygen Magazine got caught by readers with manipulated photos(the give away was a tatoo was in different places in different shots) and it was comical seeing Bob Kennedy giving a lame excuse for this type of deception which in actuality is photoshopping.

There was another case of photos in another issue of an IFBB figure pro in which one bathing suit picture clearly had implants ( C or D) under the top and another had small unenhanced b cups.

Thank you, it was interesting.

haha i did that too :P
    LOL, did she say I was a monster?

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Thank you; I'm flattered.

But trust me, my genetics are not all that. I am very lucky to have good bone structure - wide clavicles, symmetrical proportions - but adding muscle is a serious chore, and losing it is very easy for me.
    NP! If I thought i could look like you i would have no problems being that "big".

I just dont think i am going to get that look. With my medical and family history i seriously doubt i have the genetic ability to put on that much muscle naturally. I think the best i can hope for is a small figure comp look and that may be with lots of training. But time will tell. Im still in my newb gains phase for now.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think by "Toned" they mean reduced bodyfat/slight definition.

By "Muscly" they mean bulked up.

The one thing that really annoys me is people think lifting weights, or lifting heavy weights = muscly / "too bulky." If it was so easy to pack on muscle, everybody would be walking around really jacked.

People (Especially females) have no idea how hard it actually is to reach the point where you are "Muscly."

Originally Posted by snoozer08 View Post
    For sure. Any visible muscle=bulky to the average woman.

I know most women idolize the Victoria Secret model look, but this blew my mind: http://www.leighpeele.com/bulky-musc...the-definition
    Which is amusing because I don't find VS models, or models/super models in general to be very attractive. They are way to thin, too flat, and don't have any curves.

Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post

I don't even buy magazines anymore... Its just not worth it IMO. There will always be photo manipulation, misinformation, bias towards particular products because they are endorsing them, etc.

If I want to read a particular magazine I run into Books A Million or Barnes And Nobel and sit and read it in there.

Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When the women come here on this board and say: I want a toned body, but not muscular,what exactly do they mean by this? What kind of body is toned but not muscular?
    I forgot who told me, but for women to get ridiculously muscular, they actually need the genetics... dunno if thats true

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Johnsonious2 View Post
    I forgot who told me, but for women to get ridiculously muscular, they actually need the genetics... dunno if thats true
    Genetics yes, but the "ridiculously" muscular women that women (and men too) fear are also in almost all cases using "special" supplements( you should know what I mean). Even reaching an above average level of muscularity also requires eating a lot of calories on a long term consistent basis plus an attitude that doesn't give a rat's patooty what other people will think of them, avenues on which most women would not tread.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

LOL, did she say I was a monster?
    no she just thought you were too lean

Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    toned

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Yeah the top one is airbrushed to the extreme. Bottom one was either done very discreetly or not much at all. Women have such wide and varying opinions, too... I showed that pic to a female friend of mine and she was grossed out by it, although I thought both were hot.
    It still blows my mind that anyone would be "grossed out" or think # 1 is "too muscular", but pics I've shown in the past to a male co worker of even bikini models have yielded a "she's not feminine" and "I don't like it" response so I am not surprised.

But then again, everyone should follow their own calling. In the end, what others think does not matter.

no she just thought you were too lean
    She is like my husband. He doesn't mind any natural muscularity on a chick, but he prefers higher bodyfat (think Jamie Koeppe). When I told him that I'll try to be leaner this summer than I was last year he just sighed and said: OK, but don't maintain it for too long ;

chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    ^ I think the average girl would consider that getting 'bulky' despite IMO it looking good
    You really think so? =\ I think it looks really good and healthy imo lol