orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orcan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cocoa Powder vs Dark Chocolate (85% >)

Would there be any difference benefit wise between having say a mug of unsweetened 100% Cocoa powder with milk and having a couple of squares of high potency dark chocolate ?

Im just deciding which one to put on my shopping list, i personally prefer the cocoa powder because theres no sugar in it....
    Form is strength!

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by orcan View Post
    Would there be any difference benefit wise between having say a mug of unsweetened 100% Cocoa powder with milk and having a couple of squares of high potency dark chocolate ?

Im just deciding which one to put on my shopping list, i personally prefer the cocoa powder because theres no sugar in it....
    The dark chocolate would get you some saturated fats, but other than that, I think cocoa powder has all the same antioxidants, as well as the fact that it has no sugar added. Also, it's better if you get cocoa that hasn't been "dutched" or neutralized with alkali, as that tends to lessen antioxidant properties.

But they're both good choices in the long run, and they both taste damn good.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    The dark chocolate would get you some saturated fats, but other than that, I think cocoa powder has all the same antioxidants, as well as the fact that it has no sugar added. Also, it's better if you get cocoa that hasn't been "dutched" or neutralized with alkali, as that tends to lessen antioxidant properties.

But they're both good choices in the long run, and they both taste damn good.
    Know of any brand that hasn't been "dutched"? I usually make my own chocolate with 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate squares.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by deadfingers View Post
    Know of any brand that hasn't been "dutched"? I usually make my own chocolate with 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate squares.
    I know you can find brands in organic and natural food stores that say they haven't been; Chatfield's, for instance is the kind I use. I think if you look on the box it will say whether or not it's been treated with alkali.

Those 100% unsweetened cacao squares really come in handy though. I'll sometimes melt a couple squares into my oats with some fruit to balance out the bitterness. Good stuff...

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know you can find brands in organic and natural food stores that say they haven't been; Chatfield's, for instance is the kind I use. I think if you look on the box it will say whether or not it's been treated with alkali.

Those 100% unsweetened cacao squares really come in handy though. I'll sometimes melt a couple squares into my oats with some fruit to balance out the bitterness. Good stuff...
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to search for it online since I'm overseas.

KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pick up some 99%, Mmmm...

I found it on Amazon, thanks for the info once again!

serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) serd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dark chocolate is good for you only because the anitoxidants fromt the cocao. Its what makes it dark
    God is #1!!!