rickette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Uneven shoulders and hips (with pics) please tell me whats happening :(

Hey guys I am new here and I decied to make an account here when I began to notice these things.

Basically my right hip (side) sticks out more than my left and my right shoulder is lower than my left. please look at the pics and tell me what you think...

I have no idea what it could be, can it be treated and also can it be contributing to my lower right back that has been having problems lately...

thanks guys!!

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rickette View Post
    Hey guys I am new here and I decied to make an account here when I began to notice these things.

Basically my right hip (side) sticks out more than my left and my right shoulder is lower than my left. please look at the pics and tell me what you think...

I have no idea what it could be, can it be treated and also can it be contributing to my lower right back that has been having problems lately...

thanks guys!!
    Scoliosis, usually, yes.

Originally Posted by ben3133 View Post
    Scoliosis, usually, yes.
    yeh i suspected this!

how bad do you think it is? is it bad to cause problems later in life or will it increase over time??

im going to see my doctor soon the only think im scared of is the problem becoming worse over time!!!!

thank you

MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattW86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am going out on a limb here but do you carry something heavy in your left hand often ie briefcase?

I carried my labtop briefcase in my left hand for an entire year and at the end of that year I noticed my left shoulder higher than my right. The cause is that my left trapezius was getting a workout while the right was not and so it became tighter and in doing so pulled my left shoulder higher. My suggestion would be to workout your right trap by itself for a while and see if that helps. Use heavy dumbell shoulder shrugs for this.
    "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will come out gibberish and will be misquoted and used against you in a court of law."

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Dolor est terrenus, superbia duro pro infinitio."
    "Pain is temporary, pride is forever."

Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A functional short leg is what is causing it..i cant really see what is causing it without getting more pics of your legs, hams etc..but most likely you have a tight/shortened hip adductors, iliopsoas and the quadratus lumborum on your one side which would make that leg go up further into your pelvis

It could be a number of other difference things causing it, poor ankle mobility on one side etc.

It could be structural, but usually it isnt.

Your body works from the bottom up..:O a curved spine is usually the symptom
    -//---------------------------------//-->
    - "What's popular is not always right."

SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    x2 to what every body said. i have seen people actually get "straightened" out by a couple of sessions with a chiro.

SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude, I'll tell you what your problem is, you're a normal human being!
    Being perfectly symmetrical is nonexistant.

They look like totally normal pictures, I see no abnormalities or deformities.

If everyone stands perfectly relaxed and someone takes a picture of them, one shoulder will be higher then the other. I have it, my brother has it, and all the other people who posted in this thread have it.

You don't have scoliosis or anything like that.

Your lower right back pain is probably just from lifting, I get pain like that all the time. You have nothing to be worried about.

Just take some advil and use better form while lifting weights.
    Liberation through Self-Brutalization!
    If you have no pain you cannot be controlled

Originally Posted by Panacea9 View Post
    A functional short leg is what is causing it..i cant really see what is causing it without getting more pics of your legs, hams etc..but most likely you have a tight/shortened hip adductors, iliopsoas and the quadratus lumborum on your one side which would make that leg go up further into your pelvis

It could be a number of other difference things causing it, poor ankle mobility on one side etc.

Thanks for your input, how can you be so sure it isnt scoliosis? say i have a functional short leg, can this be corrected? can i atleast get my hips evened out?

and also, who do you recommend i go see - my doctor or a chiro?

thanks guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have the same problem, do you play any sports, for me its because i play baseball, and certain muscled get worked more because of my right handed swing and throw. if you go to a chiro he will most likely give you a heel-insert for your shoe to even you out, and i suggest doing hip- flexor stretches. those combined with the heel insert will most likely relieve you of your pain.

Originally Posted by sp_baseball View Post
    i have the same problem, do you play any sports, for me its because i play baseball, and certain muscled get worked more because of my right handed swing and throw. if you go to a chiro he will most likely give you a heel-insert for your shoe to even you out, and i suggest doing hip- flexor stretches. those combined with the heel insert will most likely relieve you of your pain.
    hmm, but will it even out my hips?

pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000)

x2

sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sp_baseball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmm, but will it even out my hips?
    yes it will, i what i actually have is a slightly tilted pelvis, which causes the rest of me to be off. the heel insert will even out your pelvis, which will even out your shoulders.

ok so i go to a chiro and if it is a short leg he will organize the heel raise thing?

how long do i have to wear it? do i have to wear it all my life etc?

Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panacea9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your input, how can you be so sure it isnt scoliosis? say i have a functional short leg, can this be corrected? can i atleast get my hips evened out?

and also, who do you recommend i go see - my doctor or a chiro?

thanks guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    You do have scoliosis in terms of lateral and rotational curvature of the spine, but having it due to a birth defect is rare. It is more than likely that your spine is curved in that way because of an imbalance of the legs or misaligned pelvis which is causing your spine to twist to even out your upper half.

Stretches the muscles I listed earlier will help. Stretches alone can even out your pelvis overtime and it doesnt cost anything and won't hurt to try it by itself. Avoid deadlifts and 2 leg lifts for now. Glute activation exercises will help slightly too..

Stretches:

Quadratus Lumborum Stretches http://perfectpointe.blogspot.com/20...m-stretch.html or http://www.stretchman.com/quadratus_...lfstretch.html there is an assisted version too. short leg side

iliopsoas Stretch http://www.chiroweb.com/archives/10/03/25.html fig 3 Short leg side

hip adductors http://www.lhsc.on.ca/programs/mscli...se/groupa5.htm both

and http://www.kalindra.com/rounds.pdf both legs

A good chiro that is able to treat functional, structural short legs, or dysfunctions in the sacroiliac joint can help you. You will have to do the stretches and exercises as well.

If the chiro tells you that you need to wear a heel lift forever, find someone else unless you know for certain you have bone malformations (this requires xrays all over).

They can help your scoliosis if it is caused by something else too, but the majority of the time it is caused by a functional or structural short leg, which I notice in the picture you have.
    Last edited by Panacea9; 12-25-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Originally Posted by SledgeBoy View Post
    Dude, I'll tell you what your problem is, you're a normal human being!
    Being perfectly symmetrical is nonexistant.

They look like totally normal pictures, I see no abnormalities or deformities.

If everyone stands perfectly relaxed and someone takes a picture of them, one shoulder will be higher then the other. I have it, my brother has it, and all the other people who posted in this thread have it.

You don't have scoliosis or anything like that.

Your lower right back pain is probably just from lifting, I get pain like that all the time. You have nothing to be worried about.

Just take some advil and use better form while lifting weights.
    Please read "anatomy trains" and stop giving out this horrible information.

PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please read "anatomy trains" and stop giving out this horrible information.
    x2..
    Lactate threshold can suck my balls.