ppk_goodspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6 months training, with no results?

When I started in Jan I measured my entire legs arms chest etc.
    I have been working hard at the gym, eating high protein ect.

My work outs are either splits or full body with a focus on compound lifts (bench, deads, squats and shoulder press)

I measure my self to day and I am exactly size in every body part!
    Only I am 10 pounds lighter.

I feel like giving up! Don?t know what I have done wrong. I felt like I was doing really well.

Any help?

canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did you get stronger? What were your lifts starting/ending?

You didn't gain mass because you didn't gain weight, eat more, focus on getting stronger week to week, and you will gain size.

Originally Posted by canyonracerx View Post
    Did you get stronger? What were your lifts starting/ending?

You didn't gain mass because you didn't gain weight, eat more, focus on getting stronger week to week, and you will gain size.
    When started 1rm about
    bench 75k
    deads 90k
    squats 80k
    shoulders 50k

Now
    Bench 90k
    deads 120k
    squats 110k
    Shoulders 55k

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like you gained muscle, but lost fat. Those 1rm #s are kilos?

What's your schedule/routine like?

For me, I've found pushing BIG weight in the 4-6 rep range is the best way to gain size and strength. The only muscles I train with high reps are calves, abs, and SOMETIMES shoulders and back, because those are the muscles where I need big endurance for my job.

Originally Posted by GrokTheCube View Post
    Sounds like you gained muscle, but lost fat. Those 1rm #s are kilos?

What's your schedule/routine like?

For me, I've found pushing BIG weight in the 4-6 rep range is the best way to gain size and strength. The only muscles I train with high reps are calves, abs, and SOMETIMES shoulders and back, because those are the muscles where I need big endurance for my job.
    Yes thats all in Kilos.

At mo i am doing full body workouts based around

4x8 bench press, deads, squats, shoulders. then some calves, abbs and bi`s in at the end.
    I do this monday, wed and fri have weekend off... play footy on a sunday. 5 a side.

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ppk_goodspeed View Post
    Yes thats all in Kilos.

At mo i am doing full body workouts based around

4x8 bench press, deads, squats, shoulders. then some calves, abbs and bi`s in at the end.
    I do this monday, wed and fri have weekend off... play footy on a sunday. 5 a side.
    I might try a three day a week split. Like chest/back-off-legs/shoulders-off-arms-off, with abs and calves daily.

How much are you eating? Are you eating a lot after lifting. I try to cram in 2000+ cals after lifting, as much carbs and protein as possible. Usually 3 scoops of whey+a bannana+ a liter of skim mill right after working out.

LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ppk_goodspeed View Post
    When I started in Jan I measured my entire legs arms chest etc.
    I have been working hard at the gym, eating high protein ect.

My work outs are either splits or full body with a focus on compound lifts (bench, deads, squats and shoulder press)

I measure my self to day and I am exactly size in every body part!
    Only I am 10 pounds lighter.

I feel like giving up! Don?t know what I have done wrong. I felt like I was doing really well.

Any help?
    You got stronger whilst getting lighter, potentially that sounds like a useful combo. Gaining some muscle mass whilst shedding bodyfat. Or worst case, maintaining mass and losing bodyfat.

If you're wanting to get bigger and heavier in the long run, you're going to need to eat more. But be wary of fat gains, and you will have to train very hard, eat clean, and perhaps do some cardio here and there.

The main Q is whether you look better in the mirror compared to 6 months ago. Not really about scale numbers.
    My routine:

Mon - Biceps
    Tues - Triceps
    Wed - Biceps
    Thurs - Triceps
    Fri - Biceps
    Sat - Triceps
    Sun - Rest

You can't see back and legs, don't waste your time with that nonsense!

Originally Posted by GrokTheCube View Post
    I might try a three day a week split. Like chest/back-off-legs/shoulders-off-arms-off, with abs and calves daily.

How much are you eating? Are you eating a lot after lifting. I try to cram in 2000+ cals after lifting, as much carbs and protein as possible. Usually 3 scoops of whey+a bannana+ a liter of skim mill right after working out.
    after lifting I get home and drink a Protein shake (25g of whey in each scoop mix with water) then i have my dinner 30 mins after that. normaly potatos, veg and meet (chicken or beef)

I have two shakes at work and a chicken salad for lunch, and special K for bfast.

Originally Posted by LevroneFan2002 View Post
    You got stronger whilst getting lighter, potentially that sounds like a useful combo. Gaining some muscle mass whilst shedding bodyfat. Or worst case, maintaining mass and losing bodyfat.

If you're wanting to get bigger and heavier in the long run, you're going to need to eat more. But be wary of fat gains, and you will have to train very hard, eat clean, and perhaps do some cardio here and there.

The main Q is whether you look better in the mirror compared to 6 months ago. Not really about scale numbers.
    I feel I like better in the mirror, but i have no picks with my top off. i do notice that i have lost most of my belly. I think i will start making a record.
    Yes you are right i am worried about gaining fat as thats y i started training again, I had a fat belly.

I think i need to make a record, and cut till i get to about 7% or 8% body fat percentage.
    I am at 12% - 13% now. then i can go on a bulk and eat more.

so new plan is cut to 7/8% fat, then bulk untill i reach 10% fat then cut again down to 7/8%.... so that will be cut for 2 months bulk 2 months etc...

What u think?