Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Too much Protein intake

An excessive protein intake can be harmful to your liver, brain and nervous system. When you eat protein, your body produces ammonia, a toxin that your liver makes harmless, according to Medline Plus. Eating too much protein over a long period of time can cause your liver to become overworked, allowing ammonia and other toxic substances to build up in your bloodstream. This can lead to hepatic encephalopathy, a condition marked by a

Many high-protein foods, particularly from animal sources, contain an abundance of cholesterol, which contributes to the development of hardened arteries that can lead to serious medical conditions, such as heart attack and stroke. The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute recommends limiting your cholesterol intake to no more than 200 milligrams per day, but a 6-ounce broiled porterhouse steak has 126 milligrams of cholesterol and half a roasted chicken breast has 83 milligrams of cholesterol. Eating too much animal protein can cause you to exceed the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute's guidelines, putting you at risk for dangerous conditions.

AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great job not specifying what "too much" is for protein intake. No credibility whatsoever and I still wonder how you're still green.

As for cholesterol, there is little to no connection between dietary cholesterol and blood serum cholesterol. Eating a lot of cholesterol rich foods isn't damaging to your body until you develop high cholesterol genetically or with a poor lifestyle. But a simple lifestyle change will fix that for the most part.
    Fates colliding. Love Undying.
    I rep all 5'5 and shorter on sight.

@ 150lbs BW
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 425
    OHP:165

Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10) Protected is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AlacrityH View Post
    Great job not specifying what "too much" is for protein intake. No credibility whatsoever and I still wonder how you're still green.

As for cholesterol, there is little to no connection between dietary cholesterol and blood serum cholesterol. Eating a lot of cholesterol rich foods isn't damaging to your body until you develop high cholesterol genetically or with a poor lifestyle. But a simple lifestyle change will fix that for the most part.
    The recommended amount of protein consumption is about 10%-35% of your daily calories, which is about 56g, now lets say, you would consume double this amount because you're trying to build muscles, which takes it to 112g, now anything above that would be considered too much by Medicines, now think about the people who eat 150 to 200g of protein daily for years, half of it goes to waste, only to overload the liver.

Your point about little connection between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol is false, because the increase in dietary cholesterol has been linked with atherosclerosis, which is the build-up of plaques that can narrow or block blood vessels.

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Protected View Post
    The recommended amount of protein consumption is about 10%-35% of your daily calories, which is about 56g, now lets say, you would consume double this amount because you're trying to build muscles, which takes it to 112g, now anything above that would be considered too much by Medicines, now think about the people who eat 150 to 200g of protein daily for years, half of it goes to waste, only to overload the liver.

Your point about little connection between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol is false, because the increase in dietary cholesterol has been linked with atherosclerosis, which is the build-up of plaques that can narrow or block blood vessels.
    Negged. You can tell it's BS when people advocate a single figure without giving any information on the individuals in question whatsoever. Rethink your sources of information.

Originally Posted by CJ93UK View Post
    Negged. You can tell it's BS when people advocate a single figure without giving any information on the individuals in question whatsoever. Rethink your sources of information.
    Yep, everything is BS, science is BS and life as a whole is BS, very good logic!

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm taking in 275 grams daily right now. I've ran a blood test last week. I'm healthy. What now OP?
    26.5" waist of peace.

NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Protected View Post
    Yep, everything is BS, science is BS and life as a whole is BS, very good logic!
    56g of protein = 224 calories.

35%=224 calories?

224 / 35 * 100 = 640 calories a day.

Good job OP. That's two ****ing chicken breasts.

even fi its 10%

224 / 10 * 100 = 2240 calories a day.

I'm still gonna be losing weight.

Except wait. If 56g= 35% and that's okay.

Then I should be able to eat 35% of MY caloric intake which is 3000 calories atm.

So 3000 cals.... 3000 * .35 = 1050. So 1050 calories for protein. Cool. 1050 / 4 = 262 grams of protein is 35% of my diet.

You are a ****ing moron.

mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I understand this is bb.com, but please post links to the full studies that demonstrate the ideas you're talking about. I have never heard of liver problems from excess protein. I've heard of kidney issues, but those ideas are flawed.

Also, I've read that it's more about the size of cholesterol rather than cholesterol levels. I'll be glad to post studies about that if you post your studies.

And furthermore, I consistently eat 300-350g protein daily, blood tests are fine.
    GSF