SamsonJM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No weight loss in 2nd week of keto

During the first week I lost 7lbs on keto diet. Went to weigh myself today(end of week2) and lost nothing. wtf.
    If anyone could give me suggestions as to why no weight loss.

TRAINING:
    Mon. Chest 20min. bike ride
    Tues. Back 20min br
    Wed. Arms 20min br
    Thur. Shoulders 20min br
    Fri. Legs 20min br
    Sat:Rest
    Sun:Rest

Food Intake example:

2cups black coffee

(Breakfast) 3 whole eggs 3 pieces bacon or 3whole eggs 1scoop whey

(Lunch) Burger w/cheddar(no carb) grilled onions and salad w/ onions, sm amount feta cheese, 2tbls sunflower seeds, cucumber, 2 slice bacon crumbled, jalepeno ranch dressing(1g carb 1g sugar) per tbls

1cup black coffee

(Dinner) Pork chop, squash, and salad spinach or broccoli

(Pre w.o.) 1scoop whey, creatine, glutamine, green tea pill, yohimbe
    (Post w.o.) 1scoop whey, creatine

I definatley havent been getting enough water so will have to improve that and i also have around 2 or 3 diet cokes a day. Not exactly sure what caused no weight to come off. Any helps greatly appreciated.
    Talk is cheap!

MrStatler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The first week is great, unfortunately it's just mostly water weight loss from depleting your glycogen stores.

Are you tracking all your calories not just your carb input? You should have calculated your TDEE and running at at least a 250calorie deficit (most people do 500). Sometimes people get so caught up in just measuring carbs they don't realize how many calories can sneak in with various things.

I had a similar occurance when i first started. I had lost weight like the first week or two while running, and then weighed in on my usual friday morning and was the same. I was so mad the whole day, ran hard that night and weighed myself after my run and i was 2lbs lighter which is odd because i always thought i was heaviest at night. woke up the next morning and weighed again for the ****s and giggles of it and was down another pound. Its amazing how much your weight can vary in just 24 hours.

Your diet looks pretty good. If you're carrying a calorie deficit theres no way you're not going to lose weight, so keep hitting it hard and give a little more time and I guaruntee you're going to start seeing and feeling results.

Registered User YesiEvenLiftBro's Avatar
    YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the initial weight loss you experienced was water, you simply depleted your glycogen stores in the first week and for ever gram of glycogen your body stores, you hold onto 3g of water, less glycogen = less water, re-introduce carbs and you will gain all that weight back, some people lose more then 10lbs of water, the scale is not a perfect measurement for progress of fat loss, keep track of trends while remaining consistent rather then expecting a linear pattern, if it has been 3 weeks and there is no budge then you have to evalute what your body is adjusted to and either consider, lowering daily Kcal through diet, lowering daily Kcal through more activity or upping maintenance and reverse dieting for a bit

do you know measure your food and know the stats and caloric values+macros to the foods you have eaten?
    do you know your bf%?
    might be able to help you shape it up if you can get a hold of them

it seems like you are eating quite a bit over maintenance, without knowing your bmr, a baseline target to start with and adjust for your stated weight (200lbs) would be about 2400kcal daily for you to lose weight effectively

here is a rough estimate of what you're getting going off guess work compared to the foods I buy and the whey I use:

3 eggs (180 cal assuming 60 cal per egg)
    5 strips of bacon (245 cal assuming 49cal per slice)
    3 scoops of whey (540 cal assuming 180 cal per scoop)
    2tbsp sunflower seeds (255 cal)
    ranch dressing 1tbsp (73 cal)

items with an unknown caloric value due to unknown volume
    hamburger with cheese (Xcal)
    grilled onions and salad with feta cheese (Xcal)
    cucumber (Xcal)
    porkchop(Xcal)
    squash, and salad spinach or broccoli (Xcal)

so as you can see already, just with some guess work the known calories so far are at around
    1293 Kcal

a 500g porkchop alone without the burger or anything elese would likely have you over your estimated cutting caloric target but it is also unknown how much physical activity you are getting besides a few lifts you listed, but once again, the options are fairly simple if the trend continues, eat less or move more

Thankyou for your input yesiEvenLiftBro & MrStatler. I currently am not calculating calories and am worried to drop kals to much. In the past when I dropped calories my metabolism seemed to slow. To where when i followed Kris Gethins program I ate alot (65%protein,30%carbs,5%fat) and lost consistent weight of about 2lbs a week. Im hoping to drop under %10bf on keto. I believe im around %25bf now. I will start to calculate my calories and aim for 1600kals a day. I believe my bmr is closer to 2100 going off of lean body mass. Concerns i have based on things ive read.

Very possible im insulin resistant and not sure how this affects my weight loss?

Ive read that on keto when you start to lose bodyfat your body wants to retain water. Possible thats contributing to no scale change? I only weigh myself once a week on sunday mornings before meal.

Is not eating every couple of hours slowing my metabolism that much?

Is not drinking enough water causing my body to hold extra water?

Just trying to find the right thing to change if anything. I am going to start kal counting and aim for 1600 a day and see how my body reacts.
    Talk is cheap!

Registered User YesiEvenLiftBro's Avatar
    YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YesiEvenLiftBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SamsonJM View Post
    Thankyou for your input yesiEvenLiftBro & MrStatler. I currently am not calculating calories and am worried to drop kals to much. In the past when I dropped calories my metabolism seemed to slow. To where when i followed Kris Gethins program I ate alot (65%protein,30%carbs,5%fat) and lost consistent weight of about 2lbs a week. Im hoping to drop under %10bf on keto. I believe im around %25bf now. I will start to calculate my calories and aim for 1600kals a day. I believe my bmr is closer to 2100 going off of lean body mass. Concerns i have based on things ive read.

Very possible im insulin resistant and not sure how this affects my weight loss?

Ive read that on keto when you start to lose bodyfat your body wants to retain water. Possible thats contributing to no scale change? I only weigh myself once a week on sunday mornings before meal.

Is not eating every couple of hours slowing my metabolism that much?

Is not drinking enough water causing my body to hold extra water?

Just trying to find the right thing to change if anything. I am going to start kal counting and aim for 1600 a day and see how my body reacts.
    1600 seems really low, it would probably be more wise to consider other options first before cutting down that low for your size, fluid retention is definately possible, you said you've been downing diet pop, just keep track of what you're eating with a scale and give it 3 weeks, that should give you a way better idea of where you're going

also sodium, aspertame and carbonate all would help you retain some fluid and bloat, keto however usually will cause a drop in water rather then a gain

if you want to drop some fluid just cut back on the sweetners and pops for a bit and increase the water intake and get a sweat going, give it a week and see if something happens

as for the insulin resistance, as far as I know insulin resistance shouldn't be a problem if you're going keto your blood sugar levels should be very stable while ingesting very few carbohydrates, more likely to see dat dere glucagon rather then insulin

since you are not using glucose to fuel your body, lipogenesis is unlikely to be the issue

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Week 2 always yields much smaller results, if any. You see this in most diets. Even on the Biggest Loser, week 2 is somewhat notorious. The first week you tend to lose a lot of water and glycogen. In the second week you are still losing fat but sometimes the empty fat cells can fill with water as the body tries to compensate for the first week water loss. In time this will disappear, sometimes overnight, in what is known as a whoosh. Have a read of this article and keep going. You'll be fine.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

How many calories should I aim for? Im currently 200lbs but I believe my lean body mass is more around 155lbs.

Above replies are excellent thankyou. BalhamBeast there is no way you are 45.
    Talk is cheap!

Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I am having problems like this also.

Decided to run the warrior diet with it to try and control my snacking. I think thats where I am going over. Too much cheese and peanuts etc.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you doing any of the big boy lifts? Squats, Deads, Rows, Presses?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Yes all big boy lifts! Torching every muscle to complete failure exhaustion! Feeling great I might add just want to make sure I get the most return on my investment...
    Talk is cheap!

Skelleanor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too much protein?

Unlike fat, excess protein is stored as glycogen. If your protein is too high it will throw you out of ketosis. Additionally, some people's bodies respond to artificial sweetener (such as those in Diet Coke) the same way they respond to regular sugar. I would make sure your protein is moderate, and nix items that contain sweeteners. Good luck!