hawkboy4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

do i need to change my workout routine?

today i was talking with my friend about my routine at the gym and he laughed at my routine and said i was doing everything wrong like training the wrong muscles groups everyday and doing the wrong cardio. He said i don't even need to do much cardio and he said to change from the treadmill to rowing because rowing will get my body better warmed up for when i use weights). With many more months/years of training my goal is to have a body with muscle definition. At the current stage im at i weigh 96kg and i still have a bit of fat on my stomach and have been going to the gym 7 months (pictures of my body at the bottom of the post), but id say only 3 of those months i tried to do weights properly with this routine i am providing.
    i go to the gym 5-6 days a week as i don't have school or a full time job, i usually have 1 rest day which is ether a Saturday or Sunday it depends which day i have work and this is my routine for those days:

everyday that im at the gym i run 3.0km before i do any weights which takes me roughly 20 minutes. I run for 500 meters then i slow down to fast walking pace to regain my breath which takes about a 30 seconds to 1 minute, then i repeat the process.

Monday (chest and shoulders):
    chest exercises: incline dumbell press, dumbell bench press, dumbell flyes, cable crossover, butterflies.
    shoulder exercises: dumbell shoulder press, front two dumbell raise, power partials, machine equipment - forgot the name

Tuesday (workout given to my by a trainer at the gym)
    standing row x 8 4 rounds, 4 mins rest per round
    upright row x 8
    military shoulder press x 8
    Maxwell man maker x 8
    lunges x 8
    sqauts x 8

Wednesday (biceps, triceps and forearms):
    bicep exercises: biceps curls, one arm preacher curls, incline dumbell curl, hammer curls
    tricep exercises: dips with 20kg weight on lap, Standing Bent-Over Two-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension, Tricep Dumbbell Kickback, triceps push down
    forearm exercises: Seated Palm-Up Barbell Wrist Curl, Seated Palm-down Barbell Wrist Curl

Thursday (workout given to my by a trainer at the gym)
    standing row x 8 4 rounds, 4 mins rest per round
    upright row x 8
    military shoulder press x 8
    maxwell man maker x 8
    lunges x 8
    sqauts x 8

Friday (abs and back):
    abs exercises: dumbell side bend, Flat Bench Lying Leg Raise, Seated Flat Bench Leg Pull-In, standing cable lift, kettleball swing
    back exercises: one arm dumbell row, Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row With Palms In, lap pull down, hyper extensions, backwards butterflies

Saturday (quads, calves):
    quads exercises: goblet squat, dumbell step ups, dumbell rear lung, dumbell squat, dumbell lunges
    calves exercises: standing dumbell calf raise, dumbell seated one leg calf raise, weighted calf raises

Sunday: rest day

questions i have
    -do i need to change the muscle groups that i work out (eg chest and biceps, instead of chest and shoulders)
    -after seeing pictures of my body shape should i continue doing cardio or stick to weights? if so do i stick with the treadmill or do rowing or something else
    -should i have more rest days?
    -am i doing a excessive amount of cardio - 3km everyday im at the gym?
    - whats the best way to get rid of/tone up man boobs?
    - after doing certain exercises and letting go of the barbell my inner forearms get a semi painful feeling which lasts for 30 seconds is that normal? and what is the cause? it has only happened the past two weeks
    - does lifting weights while you have decent amount of fat on your body make your fat turn into muscle?
    - does the muscle show over the fat or is it hidden behind the fat until you burn it off?
    Attached Images

another picture, there are 2 more which keep failing to upload
    Attached Images

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Let's begin by having you read the sticky threads in this forum and also in the nutrition forum. Then we can begin the healing process. This is terrible.

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll answer some of your questions very quickly, but please read the sticky threads.

questions i have
    -do i need to change the muscle groups that i work out (eg chest and biceps, instead of chest and shoulders) - You are a beginner. You should be working out your entire body as a unit three times per week for optimal gains.
    -after seeing pictures of my body shape should i continue doing cardio or stick to weights? if so do i stick with the treadmill or do rowing or something else - Lifting three times, cardio twice per week. Nutrition will be key in your weight loss progress.
    -should i have more rest days? Yes.
    -am i doing a excessive amount of cardio - 3km everyday im at the gym? Yes.
    - whats the best way to get rid of/tone up man boobs? Decrease body fat via nutrition and exercise.
    - after doing certain exercises and letting go of the barbell my inner forearms get a semi painful feeling which lasts for 30 seconds is that normal? and what is the cause? it has only happened the past two weeks - Sounds like cramping. Are you drinking at least a gallon of water per day?
    - does lifting weights while you have decent amount of fat on your body make your fat turn into muscle? No.
    - does the muscle show over the fat or is it hidden behind the fat until you burn it off? You have to get rid of the fat to allow the muscle to show through. With a beginner, this can be achieved simultaneously to an extent. In your case, I would recommend cutting first until you're at a reasonable body fat percentage. This is all about nutrition, your exercise routine stays the same.

Originally Posted by ktj4l View Post
    I'll answer some of your questions very quickly, but please read the sticky threads.

questions i have
    -do i need to change the muscle groups that i work out (eg chest and biceps, instead of chest and shoulders) - You are a beginner. You should be working out your entire body as a unit three times per week for optimal gains.
    -after seeing pictures of my body shape should i continue doing cardio or stick to weights? if so do i stick with the treadmill or do rowing or something else - Lifting three times, cardio twice per week. Nutrition will be key in your weight loss progress.
    -should i have more rest days? Yes.
    -am i doing a excessive amount of cardio - 3km everyday im at the gym? Yes.
    - whats the best way to get rid of/tone up man boobs? Decrease body fat via nutrition and exercise.
    - after doing certain exercises and letting go of the barbell my inner forearms get a semi painful feeling which lasts for 30 seconds is that normal? and what is the cause? it has only happened the past two weeks - Sounds like cramping. Are you drinking at least a gallon of water per day?
    - does lifting weights while you have decent amount of fat on your body make your fat turn into muscle? No.
    - does the muscle show over the fat or is it hidden behind the fat until you burn it off? You have to get rid of the fat to allow the muscle to show through. With a beginner, this can be achieved simultaneously to an extent. In your case, I would recommend cutting first until you're at a reasonable body fat percentage. This is all about nutrition, your exercise routine stays the same.

thanks for the reply, i read a few of the stickies. how much cardio a day isnt excessive?

this is a full body workout given to my by a trainer at the gym, i have done it for two weeks but i didn't really enjoy it. there all supersets and you do 3 sets of each. should i stick to this workout every second day and cardio the other days.

bench press super set
    bulgarian sqauts

leg press super set
    shoulder press

seated row super set
    calf raises

bicep curls super set
    leg extension

tricep extension super set
    leg curl