Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't stand the IIFYM movement because so often it is abused...its that damn acronym! People read "If It Fits Your Macros" and before they are done reading the sentence they're already in the McDonalds drive-thru...

If everyone understood IIFYM like Norton does, I wouldn't have a problem with the movement, even if I do disagree several key features of its philosophy.
    PATH OF IRON:
    "Inspiration for the Neo-Renaissance Weightlifter"

[pathofiron.net]

PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CanadianEric View Post
    even if I do disagree several key features of its philosophy.
    In light of what Alan just slapped the sh*t out of us with, care to elaborate on which "key features" of its philosophy you disagree with?
    FKK - Elastic waisted jeans are fashionable too.

If you feel bench presses most in your spotter's biceps, you're doing it wrong

"Don't take diet advice from hippies" - Martin Berkhan

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Le sigh.
    Delirious Mutant.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The majority of people in this thread are broadly in agreement with each other on most things.

The problem comes down to one of how to present knowledge to the endless stream of newbies... IIFYM was an attempt at that but like all oversimplifications, it always backfires in some way. Another example of this is the calorie calculation formulae - I see endless threads recently of guys who are coming up with wacky TDEE figures usually because they didn't include their BF% or have an unrealistic view of their BF%... or they just did it wrong... but the blame can't always be ascribed to the newbie, some of it is in the presentation too.

What's DCA now? I need awaring on the latest TLA (three letter acronym)

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The majority of people in this thread are broadly in agreement with each other on most things.

The problem comes down to one of how to present knowledge to the endless stream of newbies... IIFYM was an attempt at that but like all oversimplifications, it always backfires in some way. Another example of this is the calorie calculation formulae - I see endless threads recently of guys who are coming up with wacky TDEE figures usually because they didn't include their BF% or have an unrealistic view of their BF%... or they just did it wrong... but the blame can't always be ascribed to the newbie, some of it is in the presentation too.

What's DCA now? I need awaring on the latest TLA (three letter acronym)
    Discretionary calorie allowance. It's been around for decades, in fairness.

Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is it still okay if I'm supposed to get 3900 kcals daily and let's say 1000 kcals comes from candy or sugary cereal everyday and the rest of the foods are still minimal to non processed, pasta, chicken, veggies etc. ?

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    Discretionary calorie allowance. It's been around for decades, in fairness.

Doesn't matter what you call it, idiots on will still find a way to abuse the concept & argue about it.
    Delirious Mutant.

Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Doesn't matter what you call it, idiots on will still find a way to abuse the concept & argue about it.
    No disagreement here.

Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bronzzi View Post
    Is it still okay if I'm supposed to get 3900 kcals daily and let's say 1000 kcals comes from candy or sugary cereal everyday and the rest of the foods are still minimal to non processed, pasta, chicken, veggies etc. ?
    Hey guys, what do you think about this?

Hey guys, what do you think about this?
    Imo, 25% of daily calories every single day sounds like too much.

Based on your past threads, you clearly have issues in your relationship with food and should seek help. You want to do this because you're literally obsessed with high carb/low fat on training days and lower carb/higher fat on rest days. I suspect that this is because you think fat gain will be limited if you follow this protocol, which is incorrect.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wrhalljr View Post
    While I agree that there are always "one-offs" for any scenario it is fairly certain, while maybe not 100%, that if a person smokes for anywhere even close to 80 years they will die of lung cancer!! And the science on that is about as clear as it can get...
    If someone has been smoking for 80 years (and assuming the didn't start smoking out of the womb), I am more inclined to say they died of old age.

Yes... you have my permission.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Put it into fitday.com and post the breakdown here.

Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    Imo, 25% of daily calories every single day sounds like too much.

Based on your past threads, you clearly have issues in your relationship with food and should seek help. You want to do this because you're literally obsessed with high carb/low fat on training days and lower carb/higher fat on rest days. I suspect that this is because you think fat gain will be limited if you follow this protocol, which is incorrect.
    Not any more on fat cycling, now I'm consuming around 70-80g of fat everyday.

At the Nutrition Section BroFoods's Avatar
    BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just watched the video, he has a lot of good points. I was definitely a victim of the broscience , clean eating b.s. I'm glad I finally am really learning about proper nutrition, thanks to guys like layne and this forum.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    If someone has been smoking for 80 years (and assuming the didn't start smoking out of the womb), I am more inclined to say they died of old age.
    lmfao

RIP Calisthenics only1113 Leeuf's Avatar
    Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    I understand his perspective: it's to sell supplements. And I undertand why DCA (IIFYM's) is viewed as a threat to his business.

After all, if people really took the time to understand the concept of DCA (IIFYM's), then they would know that it's best to compose a diet that meets both micronutrient and macronutrient sufficiency from mostly whole and minimally processed foods.

This would negate the market for most supplements. Plus it would shine a spotlight on the fact that many if not the vast majority of supplements sold are just highly processed fast foods.
    Why did we ever argue? I think you were the disingenuous one.

Regardless, I agree wholeheartedly.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I've preached this for over a year almost, I've negged people, I've begged people even not to use it
    Several of us have been!

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PhiSig2298 View Post
    If a person practices common sense
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    The best solution is to STFU & not use IIFYM as a label at all, since most people in fitness & BBing circles have obsessive tendencies & cannot think in terms of anything but extremes.
    Common sense.. seems to be the hardest thing for anyone to grasp. And sadly, the more cut/bigger guys seem to struggle with it more so than the noobs.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The "IIFYM" acronym is overused and flat-out wrong. If IIFYM means "compose a diet of mostly whole and minimally processed foods while ensuring macro and micronutrient sufficiency and properly calibrated energy balance," then why the fuk do we condense all that into an acronym that stands for "If It Fits Your Macros?"

"If it fits your macros" and "compose a diet of mostly whole and minimally processed foods while ensuring macro and micronutrient sufficiency and properly calibrated energy balance" are two very different things.

So why don't we just tell new people "compose a diet of mostly whole and minimally processed foods while ensuring macro and micronutrient sufficiency and properly calibrated energy balance?"
    Few things are set in stone, except that you have to squat or you are a pussy. - Mark Rippetoe

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    The "IIFYM" acronym is overused and flat-out wrong. If IIFYM means "compose a diet of mostly whole and minimally processed foods while ensuring macro and micronutrient sufficiency and properly calibrated energy balance," then why the fuk do we condense all that into an acronym that stands for "If It Fits Your Macros?"

"If it fits your macros" and "compose a diet of mostly whole and minimally processed foods while ensuring macro and micronutrient sufficiency and properly calibrated energy balance" are two very different things.

So why don't we just tell new people "compose a diet of mostly whole and minimally processed foods while ensuring macro and micronutrient sufficiency and properly calibrated energy balance?"
    We do!

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like Rand said, most do just say that... The problem is, the majority who come here are looking for a "miracle diet" that doesn't exist. And when they hear IIFYM, eat whatever you want and lose weight, they stick to that acronym and think "wow, I can eat whatever I want and lose weight". Where I work at, people literally would eat pop-tarts all day long just to lose weight, and not care about anything else.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    Most people do not have the faintest fucking clue how the whole IIFYM thing came about. It was never intended to be viewed as a particular diet. It was never intended to have a bunch of rules ascribed to it that would define it as a specific protocol or way of eating. It was simply an acronym born out of the frustration towards endless noob threads in this forum asking if it's okay to have certain foods (i.e., fruit, dairy, nuts, etc) while dieting. The acronym became a meme, and then people started making a diet out of it. The best solution is to STFU & not use IIFYM as a label at all, since most people in fitness & BBing circles have obsessive tendencies & cannot think in terms of anything but extremes.

Sooooooooooooo....is it ok to have those foods (i.e., fruit, dairy, nuts, etc) or whatever else I want or not? You're going to have to be more specific. We're not all famous nutritionologists like you.

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    Like Rand said, most do just say that... The problem is, the majority who come here are looking for a "miracle diet" that doesn't exist. And when they hear IIFYM, eat whatever you want and lose weight, they stick to that acronym and think "wow, I can eat whatever I want and lose weight". Where I work at, people literally would eat pop-tarts all day long just to lose weight, and not care about anything else.
    Bold is the problem - they need to stop hearing IIFYM.
    Few things are set in stone, except that you have to squat or you are a pussy. - Mark Rippetoe

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bold is the problem...
    I think the problem is a paucity of common sense.

As JasonDB said, "IIFYM's is an IQ test for the fitness world."

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    I think the problem is a paucity of common sense.

As JasonDB said, "IIFYM's is an IQ test for the fitness world."
    But why can't we just call it something else? The acronym isn't really representative of what we're trying to say. Why not say IIFYM&M? "Iffy m and m" is how it'd be pronounced!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But why can't we just call it something else? The acronym isn't really representative of what we're trying to say. Why not say IIFYM&M? "Iffy m and m" is how it'd be pronounced!
    DCA.

Now that solves one problem, but it doesn't address the paucity of common sense problem.

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think we CAN and DO try to call it something else. The problem, to some extent, is the YouTube experts. They use the acronym, and have a larger audience than the NUT section. The people watching those videos are also failing the IQ test...they end up here in an attempt to get their "Fitness GED's"...ultimately realizing they are not even GED material. It's a sad state really, but I'm not sure there is any hope for any of us
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CanadianEric View Post
    I can't stand the IIFYM movement because so often it is abused...its that damn acronym! People read "If It Fits Your Macros" and before they are done reading the sentence they're already in the McDonalds drive-thru...

If everyone understood IIFYM like Norton does, I wouldn't have a problem with the movement, even if I do disagree several key features of its philosophy.
    There are ONLY two features to its philosophy.

1) COMMON SENSE

2) MODERATION

All other explanations such as hit you macro and micronutrient goals are said to explain to people how to practically use their common sense and exercise moderation in composing their diet.

Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorge18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

IIFYM is much easier to remember than CADOMWAMPFWEMAMSAPCEB.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This is new.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741