iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I hate it when the gym is full. Anyone?

First of all, my gym is small and I have to wait to use almost every single equipment. Second, I get intimidated coz im usually the smallest guy at the gym and this gets me demotivated I hate this feeling :|

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iMac46 View Post
    First of all, my gym is small and I have to wait to use almost every single equipment. Second, I get intimidated coz im usually the smallest guy at the gym and this gets me demotivated I hate this feeling :|
    Tbh it is crap when the gym is full of people but just because they're big doesn't mean they're mean and nasty.

Most of the big guys at my gym are nice and always say 'hello' or 'are you using this weight mate? Am I okay to use it' - you become a regular face in there especially if you go frequently and at the same times.

Just wait until they're finished using it and warm up in your spare time.
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    work in with people if you can

unless it's a squat rack or something they should let you

Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    work in with people if you can

unless it's a squat rack or something they should let you
    Why is it when I ask to work in by doing some curls on the squat rack when they are between sets I always get these weird looks back?

mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattias9410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Aaronza View Post
    Why is it when I ask to work in by doing some curls on the squat rack when they are between sets I always get these weird looks back?
    Because you don't curl in the squat rack?

TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheDesigner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think that was the joke ^

But the only time my gym isn't packed is right when it opens at 7am . . so that's the only time i workout, as don't want to be in there for hours waiting for each equipment.

BigTurbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just be friendly OP, and maybe one of the bigger guys who are actually nice but seem intimidating at first due to being jacked up on pre workout will take you under their wing and let you work in.

iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iMac46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually havent encountered any rude guys in the gym. They're all pretty nice so far. Its just that I feel intimidated and demotivated coz im the smallest and weakest guy around.

Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I actually havent encountered any rude guys in the gym. They're all pretty nice so far. Its just that I feel intimidated and demotivated coz im the smallest and weakest guy around.
    I know what you mean, I had the same problem. So, I tried to find ways to handle it.

My gym opens at 4 AM in the morning. I figured since most people are in their beds sleeping, I could go to the gym and go ahead before all the people show up and I wont have to wait for somebody to finish. Same thing as near closing time, late at night, it's usually near empty.

I never ask people if I can "work in", because personally, I feel like I'd be bothering others and interrupting their work out, so I patiently wait.

I feel what you mean when you said you get unmotivated, feeling like the smallest guy there. The trick to body building is letting the things that usually unmotivate you motivate you. For example, instead of letting the bigger guys get to you, let them motivate you by telling yourself you're going to be bigger than them someday, and put those thoughts into action. Sometimes..... Before I go to the gym, I think of all the memories where somebody did me wrong and hurt me-- then I go to the gym and lift until all that frustration and anger is gone, so I can have a good day.

But yeah, I'd try going at different times. Hope I helped.

RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RedSunRising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It needs a lot of motivation if you are not too tall or pretty skinny at the beginning of training in a gym.

But stand your man, you have goals to reach, you want to put weight and muscles on your body. Not to look like all the other guys in your gym, but to look like the guy you always wanted to see in the mirror. This goal is personal. It´s not important what others think, say or want from you or your body.

I figuered out that YOU are responsible for YOURSELF and YOU are the best motivator. You just have to want it. And this is an attribute you just have to catch and remember, everytime you think you could fail, go and motivate yourself again. Be strong and persistant, and you will see results and earn respect from others for that.

Greetz from good old germany
    Alex

Originally Posted by Tewsey View Post
    I know what you mean, I had the same problem. So, I tried to find ways to handle it.

My gym opens at 4 AM in the morning. I figured since most people are in their beds sleeping, I could go to the gym and go ahead before all the people show up and I wont have to wait for somebody to finish. Same thing as near closing time, late at night, it's usually near empty.

I never ask people if I can "work in", because personally, I feel like I'd be bothering others and interrupting their work out, so I patiently wait.

I feel what you mean when you said you get unmotivated, feeling like the smallest guy there. The trick to body building is letting the things that usually unmotivate you motivate you. For example, instead of letting the bigger guys get to you, let them motivate you by telling yourself you're going to be bigger than them someday, and put those thoughts into action. Sometimes..... Before I go to the gym, I think of all the memories where somebody did me wrong and hurt me-- then I go to the gym and lift until all that frustration and anger is gone, so I can have a good day.

But yeah, I'd try going at different times. Hope I helped.
    cheers bro. that helped. I'll try going to the gym early. repped

Originally Posted by RedSunRising View Post
    It needs a lot of motivation if you are not too tall or pretty skinny at the beginning of training in a gym.

But stand your man, you have goals to reach, you want to put weight and muscles on your body. Not to look like all the other guys in your gym, but to look like the guy you always wanted to see in the mirror. This goal is personal. It´s not important what others think, say or want from you or your body.

I figuered out that YOU are responsible for YOURSELF and YOU are the best motivator. You just have to want it. And this is an attribute you just have to catch and remember, everytime you think you could fail, go and motivate yourself again. Be strong and persistant, and you will see results and earn respect from others for that.

Greetz from good old germany
    Alex
    Thanks bro. I'll think of what my goal is so that it doesnt demotivate me. I actually am quite tall compared to others at the gym. so thats a good thing. reppped

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yep, I hate when the gym is full because at times, there are people who spend a couple of minutes at a certain lift and I have to do other things before they're done.

Plus, surprisingly, in the morning, the gym could be crowded, but then again my gym opens at 8 A.M.

MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MalarsPlace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can't stand it. I get to the gym like 540 when everyone else that works does

Gym isn't even huge and only has 2 squats racks. Any time I walk in and it's packed I'm like pfft fuark but I mean what r u gona do - to others I'm only making it more crowded too lol

Knowthatfeel .. Repped

lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel the same.
    My gym's fairly cheap, so there's loads of people there throughout the day. The women have the option of using a womens only gym which benefits nearly everyone. (Women get privacy, less people using mixed-gender area = male dominance) But I always try and get there for 8AM. The gym opens at 6, so the die-hards go then, and most people start work at 9, so yeah at around 8-10 it's fairly empty.

Try asking someone that works there when the gym is at its quietest
    Fat, Overweight and Embarrassed.

Try going to my gym. It only has 1 squat rack. ONE. most of the equipment have only 1 of each kind

lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lankywhitekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to feel that way. Then I got big and people seem to just give me whatever piece of equipment they're using. I would recommend getting big so people just give you things.
    Bench 315lbx3 Goal: 405x5
    Squat 465lbx2 Goal: 495x5
    Deadlift 600x1 Goal: 600x5

Prepping for Muscle Beach 2013 juniors.
    Diet and training by Fouad Abiad