BlountSteeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplement(s) to help with tendonitis?

48 years old and have made great gains the last year. I increased my arm strength significantly and have doing bicep curls with 100 lbs. It is much more than I have ever used before. A few weeks ago my lower right bicep (around the area where it attaches) became more and more sore and got to the point where it became quite painful. Doctor has prescribed 10 days of an anti-inflammatory...

Just wondering if there is a supplement (or supplements) that I can take regularly to lessen the tendonitis I apparently have developed?

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BlountSteeler View Post
    48 years old and have made great gains the last year. I increased my arm strength significantly and have doing bicep curls with 100 lbs. It is much more than I have ever used before. A few weeks ago my lower right bicep (around the area where it attaches) became more and more sore and got to the point where it became quite painful. Doctor has prescribed 10 days of an anti-inflammatory...

Just wondering if there is a supplement (or supplements) that I can take regularly to lessen the tendonitis I apparently have developed?
    FWIW, I've seen several friends have good success for tendonitis with Cissus. They used the USPLabs version aka Super Cissus RX. I have had 4 occasions to turn to it to overcome RC and shoulder issues and each time it worked great for me. Three weeks ago, shooting pains in my right shoulder while doing DIPs with 90 lbs strapped on, were so bad that I had to take a week off. Two days ago I could do my BPs again at 225 and today my pull ups at 20 reps and my rack deads at 420. No Cissus, no such comeback. What seems to work is to do 2 or 3 caps twice a day at first and after a month say drop down to 3 caps once a day and then later just 2 caps.

PS: I have no allegence to these guys but their product just works and is IMHO the best new natural to come out of the last 10 years.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000)

Have you considered some rest/ice for that area and physiotherapy to help with scar tissue?

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Supps (some) can help but time is the most important.

Train smart or it WILL be a chronic issue that will hold everything you do back.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You may be over training the biceps. The biceps are not a large muscle group.

Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    FWIW, I've seen several friends have good success for tendonitis with Cissus. They used the USPLabs version aka Super Cissus RX. I have had 4 occasions to turn to it to overcome RC and shoulder issues and each time it worked great for me. Three weeks ago, shooting pains in my right shoulder while doing DIPs with 90 lbs strapped on, were so bad that I had to take a week off. Two days ago I could do my BPs again at 225 and today my pull ups at 20 reps and my rack deads at 420. No Cissus, no such comeback. What seems to work is to do 2 or 3 caps twice a day at first and after a month say drop down to 3 caps once a day and then later just 2 caps.

PS: I have no allegence to these guys but their product just works and is IMHO the best new natural to come out of the last 10 years.
    I like this product .. took it for a while and was not sure of the results, when i stopped taking it i soon realised that it was helping .. back on the cissus now and believe it does help keep joints in check along with sensible training and recovery.

penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post

Originally Posted by Shaunhavoc View Post
    I like this product .. took it for a while and was not sure of the results, when i stopped taking it i soon realised that it was helping .. back on the cissus now and believe it does help keep joints in check along with sensible training and recovery.
    Interesting and I researched on it. Cissus quadrangularis seems to have been used in Indian medicine for thousands of years!!!

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by penn28 View Post
    Interesting and I researched on it. Cissus quadrangularis seems to have been used in Indian medicine for thousands of years!!!
    I haven't been around quite that long, but it seems to me, and I am dead serious here, that almost all of the things I take daily from Omega 3s, Vitamin D3, Curcumin, Green Tea Extract, and Astaxanthin to Cissus have all been around as long as we have. They must have had a Great Chemist create them LOL.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

fish oils for inflammationa and ice it alot

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another vote for Cissus in general for joint pain. It's helped me. I added it to my daily fish & flax oils, glucosamine and chondroitin last month. Very pleased. I wasn't interested in yet another supp to buy, however the claims of improved joint recovery sure sounded good. Glad I tried it.

My only word of advice to the OP is to be very careful. We are close in age and I am also trying my best to get the arms I've always felt like I could. This enthusiasm can be dangerous if you don't approach things carefully.

I fell into the crazy thought that if one bicep workout a week was showing results then multiple workouts must be even better. After all, my biceps felt great 48hrs later and seemed ready to go again. The problem is that the tendons....the exact tendons you are describing were most assuredly NOT ready to go again. Tendon damage can completely derail your goals for big arms.

I had to focus on other body parts to spread my workouts around the week. The rest has really increased the intensity of each bodypart when I do hit it. I really needed this type of balance, too.

Good luck to you......just be careful.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alieve.