Closed Thread
Page 152 of 279 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 8362
    acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Squatticus View Post
    ..lesbihonest when someone mentions race its never "hey a nice black guy came and spotted me" now is it?
    I call Val my Chocolate Empress. Granted she looks at me like I'm an idiot... but I don't mean anything bad.

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I call Val my Chocolate Empress. Granted she looks at me like I'm an idiot... but I don't mean anything bad.
    That's actually pretty cute. Little jelly she has a cute nickname.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SultanaK View Post
    She has several.... some are not as nice... some I don't say to her face. :P

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aristomeow View Post
    Why did you find it relevant to mention his race?
    This is all got from this post.

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    it's an American thing people of all ethnicities do it to describe others.. prejudice , maybe but not always
    it is something engraved in today's society, every application ,form etc.. asks for ethnicity
    Do you hate us Americans? It seems everything bad you see you say "It's an American thing." Some of us are good people!

halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aristomeow View Post
    Why did you find it relevant to mention his race?
    Because I'm obviously a huge racist, right?

I'm not white, most of the people at my gym aren't white, in some of my previous posts I've referred to indian or south asian guys acting like dopes (or helping me out); I really don't think it's a big deal to mention race. (I also said he was "big"--does that mean I'm discriminating against bodybuilding guys now?) (Also said he was middle-aged. Does that mean I hate middle-aged people?)
    Last edited by halfmoongirl; 01-05-2013 at 06:58 AM.

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    She has several.... some are not as nice... some I don't say to her face. :P
    Careful there man, I've seen her vids and she is strong.

What was the last thing acc said before he went flying across the room?

You seem really confused about why you are having so much trouble in the gym. OK.... so I am going to do my best to help you understand this the best I can.

Originally Posted by halfmoongirl View Post
    Was resting in between sets for bench press today when some big, loud middle-aged black man says something to me, so I take my earphones off, and he says, "The longer you wait, the more it hurts" and turns back around.

I'm doing 3 x 5 on heavy compounds with 3 to 5 minute breaks in between sets. Da fuq? Was tempted to sit there for an extra five minutes just to spite him.

I know it's a minor comment but my jimmies were majorly rustled. I've been lifting at this gym for over half a year now, and a lot of the guys know me, but I've never seen this guy before so he must be one of the new year's resolutioners who thinks he can spew his ****ing broscience at me JUST BECAUSE I AM A GIRL. **** THAT ****.

This guy is also one of those douches on his bluetooth really loudly the whole time he's in the gym. When I was leaving he was doing some shoulder press machine thingy and saying loudly "Now I'm doing these 35's--UH!--on both sides--UH!--and then I'll be done!" The jackass didn't realize that gym doesn't have 35's, only 45 lb plates.
    I'm so sick of guys staring when I squat/deadlift/decline bench/etc. For my weight (although I guess I look about 15 lbs lighter?), I'm not really even lifting an impressive amount. And for the record, I don't wear revealing or skin-tight clothes (can't wait for the day when I feel confident enough and look good enough to do that... *sigh*). The other day I was DL'ing between 135-165 and there was this one guy who just stood by me and stared with a smile on his face. I can't tell if they're just amused to see a (short, chubby, not muscular) girl lifting heavy weights, they're entertained by the novelty, or if they're thinking 'oh isn't it cute this little girl is trying to get strong' or something? WTF?! And when I was squatting I can see in the mirror these two guys behind me looking at me and then smiling at each other. Look, I'm not hot, I know that, I'm not there for attention, I'M NOT THERE FOR YOU TO LOOK AT!!

Don't get me wrong, I love lifting so I'm going to keep on doing it, but I just don't understand why guys stare. I don't even mind if they look or look impressed, but what's up with the smiling?! I feel like they're laughing at me, either amused that I'm weak but trying to get stronger, or laughing because they think I'm too fat to be lifting weights (like one guy who approached me a few months ago basically told me).

/rant
    When I first started working out there, a guy approached me and gave me a lecture about how a pound is 3500 calories blah blah blah, there are other things you could be doing to burn more calories (pointed to the treadmills). I got over it, but it makes me angry thinking about how he would NEVER have said something like that to me if I was a typical skinny fat, who actually do waste their time at the gym because they can afford to.

That one guy and I are getting along fine. But our weekday schedules don't match up so we can't go to the gym at the same time.
    You get this sort of attention because you bring it on yourself. Most people I know seem to manage themselves just fine without ever having people leer at them. Maybe if you stopped using the gym to pick guys up, you may get less attention.

So there is this guy at the gym I met about a month ago and seen and talked to several times since; I even jumped in on him and his training partner's workout once. It seems like he likes me (comes up to talk to me, and talks a lot, smiles a lot [a little too much for my liking actually], touches me, even told me I have pretty eyes and a pretty smile once), but I'm not sure why he hasn't asked me out yet!? I'm shy and have no idea how to flirt with guys, but I'm trying to come out of my shell, and I think I've made it really obvious that I like him too [and want his **** lol]-- me being the one to approach him when I see him, smiling, asking him questions, laughing, touching him, etc.

WTF Female Misc.? Is it possible that he's shy even though he talks to everyone at the gym and mentioned some other girl one of the times we talked?
    Personally... I would never touch a woman in the gym I hardly knew.... unless they were making it obvious it's okay. YMMV

STOP FLIRTING IN THE F*CKING GYM AND LIFT!!!!!............. (problem solved).

halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halfmoongirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    <quote>You get this sort of attention because you bring it on yourself. Most people I know seem to manage themselves just fine without ever having people leer at them. Maybe if you stopped using the gym to pick guys up, you may get less attention.<\quote>

Ughh... those are all from months ago. Please rest assured that after getting my ass whooped and negged to hell on here I've adjusted my attitude. I was literally just sitting there listening to my music when this guy comes up to me and spews broscience at me. NOTHING WAS DONE TO PROVOKE THAT COMMENT. It was just some ******* who thought who could say that to me just because I'm a girl.

Also never did anything to provoke the guy who told me to run on a treadmill. He also came up to me when I had my headphones in.

I'll admit I'm still fat. Some guys in the gym are just douchebags and i can't even rant about that in the "my jimmies are rustled" thread?! I don't understand how I could have been seeking attention and "flirting" or looking to "pick guys up" by RESTING BETWEEN SETS. I'll admit I made some stupid threads in the past but in this instance this guy was just being a sexist *******, and I was really hoping I could get some people to understand on the Female Bodybuilding section of all places.
    Last edited by halfmoongirl; 01-05-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000)
    <quote>You get this sort of attention because you bring it on yourself. Most people I know seem to manage themselves just fine without ever having people leer at them. Maybe if you stopped using the gym to pick guys up, you may get less attention.<\quote>

Ughh... those are all from months ago. Please rest assured that after getting my ass whooped and negged to hell on here I've adjusted my attitude. I was literally just sitting there listening to my music when this guy comes up to me and spews broscience at me. NOTHING WAS DONE TO PROVOKE THAT COMMENT. It was just some ******* who thought who could say that to me just because I'm a girl.

Also never did anything to provoke the guy who told me to run on a treadmill. He also came up to me when I had my headphones in.

I'll admit I'm still fat. Some guys in the gym are just douchebags and i can't even rant about that in the "my jimmies are rustled" thread?! I don't understand how I could have been seeking attention and "flirting" or looking to "pick guys up" by RESTING BETWEEN SETS. I'll admit I made some stupid threads in the past but in this instance this guy was just being a sexist *******, and I was really hoping I could get some people to understand on the Female Bodybuilding section of all places.
    Seems like your issue to me is self-confidence. Who cares who's looking? Just keep doing your thing and stop giving a fuk about what others think. If they're watching you as much as you think they are, they'll also notice when your body changes.

You make comments about being fat, weak, etc.... Maybe you're just projecting your own insecurities onto the oglers. Learn to love yourself, and I promise, you will stop noticing and caring altogether.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    Do you hate us Americans? It seems everything bad you see you say "It's an American thing." Some of us are good people!
    lol no why ?? just pointing out what I think is a cultural thing not true prejudice at least not always
    this country is made of immigrants , first question they asked off the boat was "where are you from" , here in the US we give a lot of importance to ethnicity and heritage
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SultanaK View Post
    excuse me ?? "mega Kunt" doesn't count ??

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)

Anything is possible, of course, and it's possible he was a sexist azz and that's where the comment came from. But it's also possible he was just making some random comment and it had nothing to do with the fact that you're a girl. I guess what I'm saying is that maybe you just read too much into it. Just let it roll off your back and laugh to yourself and do you and don't worry about comments people make. Put your headphones back in and get back to your workout.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My gym must be super cool or people here are exaggerating. I've had a kid bump my bar while squatting and people don't put their weights back but other than that I don't really have issues. The guys offer to spot you, give you compliments on your lift and offer to let you work in. Where are these other crazy people working out at???

lol no why ?? just pointing out what I think is a cultural thing not true prejudice at least not always
    this country is made of immigrants , first question they asked off the boat was "where are you from" , here in the US we give a lot of importance to ethnicity and heritage
    I've just noticed you saying "It's an American thing" a lot lately and it doesn't seem complimentary. I eat Twizzlers while watching a movie and I'm still a good person

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's the random idiots at any gym, mine included, mostly that do more running their mouth than working out, and I've only had one guy try to tell me I'm not squatting deep enough when I've never even seen him squat, but everyone else is really nice and no one bothers me. I've also gotten complements on my lifts and offered spots, etc. I don't know if it's exaggeration or a perception of something happening due to insecurity or what.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My gym must be super cool or people here are exaggerating. I've had a kid bump my bar while squatting and people don't put their weights back but other than that I don't really have issues. The guys offer to spot you, give you compliments on your lift and offer to let you work in. Where are these other crazy people working out at???
    This. Didn't have problems with the other people when I went to a women's gym, and I don't have problems with the people at my new gym either. If anything, the guys at my new gym are more respectful. I had problems with the women bumping into me when I was lifting at my old gym, definitely not a problem with the guys. They give me about 20' of space and apologize if they have to come any closer than that, lol.

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly? I think you're investing too much energy worrying about this kind of stuff.

I've just noticed you saying "It's an American thing" a lot lately and it doesn't seem complimentary. I eat Twizzlers while watching a movie and I'm still a good person
    eww twizzlers you're an awful person

eww twizzlers you're an awful person
    If I'm home I drink wine with them. Take that!

If I'm home I drink wine with them. Take that!
    that automatically makes you a better person

that automatically makes you a better person
    There was a time I disliked wine. Not now!

There was a time I disliked wine. Not now!
    you're growing , you're becoming a better person

The Bringer of rain thebigzakbowski's Avatar
    thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I still dislike wine, I guess that explains why I am often told I could be a better person
    https://youtu.be/RGHV67vZ0MM 435lb Bench SS 7/8/17
    https://youtu.be/NG0J4SFPjm0 395lb Bench Raw 12/25/17
    my log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174243471&p=1508621311#post1508621311

I'm growing outward

I'm growing outward
    that would be the twizzlers

that would be the twizzlers
    I must eliminate them immediately.

Kidding. If I have to eliminate twizzlers and wine I might as well off myself.

I must eliminate them immediately.

Kidding. If I have to eliminate twizzlers and wine I might as well off myself.
    twizzle in moderation then

Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    We enter the lobby to the theater.....

Roommate: "Ready to turn some heads?"
    Me: "....sure"
    Roommate: "Dude, those girls are checking you out and talking about you"
    Me: *ignores roommate*
    Roommate: "Those girls are checking you out dude!"
    Me: *shrugs* *Starts to get slightly annoyed with roommate*
    Roommate: "That kid keeps staring at you, lol"
    Me: "Yeah, I know"
    Roommate: "Everyone is 'mirin the fck out of us right now, man"

I swear, If I wasn't so nice I would have yelled "I DOOONNN'T CAAAARRRREEE" in his face srs. One reason I don't enjoy going to public places with him.

Edit: Django Unchained was such an awesome film. I recommend watching it.
    NPC Amateur.

Central Texas Showdown 2012: No placing
    Independence Day Classic 2014: 3rd Place - Novice Heavyweight

Mind + Body + Nature + Universe

"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth? That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Think abstract, ask questions.

V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Musc1eBound View Post

I swear, If I wasn't so nice I would have yelled "I DOOONNN'T CAAAARRRREEE" in his face srs. One reason I don't enjoy going to public places with him.

Dude I wanted to read your post but I was too busy checking you out and talking about you!

no homo.

Originally Posted by Musc1eBound View Post

Everyone is 'mirin the fck out of us right now, man"

Closed Thread
Page 152 of 279 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast