Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100)

"I store all my fat in my belly" MYTH

Ok. I'm tired of this myth. everyone comes on here saying how super lean they are, that they only have 1-2lbs left to lose, yet they can't see their abs and complain that their genetics suck causing them to store ALL THEIR FAT in their belly.

I call a GIGANTIC BULL$HIT on this.

As I'm reaching single digit fat percentages, I start to see great definition in my abs, great separation in the obliques, and even veins in my lower abs. Very very stoked. Caliper measurements are around 6mm in my belly right now. Lowest I've ever been.

But you know what!? My lower back, upper back, and glutes are still THICK!! 10+ mm on the caliper, much less definition than in my abs. But, we don't really ever look at our lower and upper backs and glutes. Abs are right in front of us, so an ounce of fat on the abs feels awful. On the other hand, even several pounds of fat left on your back and glutes is barely noticeable because we don't look at it, but it's THERE if you feel/measure it.

Just sayin... Pisses me off when people complain.
    /End rant
    - Amateur Muay Thai 4-1
    - Amateur MMA 1-1

[IIFYM Crew], [IF Crew], Fighter.

Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Itadienekes View Post
    Ok. I'm tired of this myth. everyone comes on here saying how super lean they are, that they only have 1-2lbs left to lose, yet they can't see their abs and complain that their genetics suck causing them to store ALL THEIR FAT in their belly.

As I'm reaching single digit fat percentages, I start to see great definition in my abs, great separation in the obliques, and even veins in my lower abs. Very very stoked. Caliper measurements are around 6mm in my belly right now. Lowest I've ever been.

But you know what!? My lower back, upper back, and glutes are still THICK!! 10+ mm on the caliper, much less definition than in my abs. But, we don't really ever look at our lower and upper backs and glutes. Abs are right in front of us, so an ounce of fat on the abs feels awful. On the other hand, even several pounds of fat left on your back and glutes is barely noticeable because we don't look at it, but it's THERE if you feel/measure it.

/End rant
    Different people store fat in different places due to genetics.

All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) All-Star11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dths View Post
    Truth....
    /thread

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But most all are similar in that fat gain begins in the abdominal area and it is generally the last go.

to the OP's point, there are a lot of people who are not at or near single digits who think they are. Hell, at 12% I'm feeling pretty good about the way I look and I don't have an issue fat only fat left on my belly. I think most people are not able to accept what they really are or they're using digital scales or if they are using calipers, they use them wrong. And you also have those who put their info into online calculators.

gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000) gooseguy312 is just really nice. (+1000)

/End rant

Youre simply wrong, its a good theory but its not true.

Its 100% genetic where you store fat.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gooseguy312 View Post
    Youre simply wrong, its a good theory but its not true.

Its 100% genetic where you store fat.
    I think he's saying its all of those who try to blame genetics. Its very common that fat store starts and ends in the midsection. The OP is basically saying he's tired of people using that as an excuse that they are different form everyone else who can lose weight.

getyourwaron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

/End rant

I'm tired of people jumping on these forums and saying " Well this is how I am" or "This worked for me" and assuming that just because something is true for them means that it is true for everyone. In the big picture, yes we are all very similar and do adhire to the same rules. But there are differences in body type, muslce fibers, fat storage and metabolism. Just because something is true for you doesn't mean it is true for everyone else.

chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol, no one stores ALL their fat in any one place. it gets distributed, and some areas get it faster than others. men get it in their stomach area mostly, and women get it in a few areas depending on their genes.
    you're less than a drop in all the oceans, and god is laughing at your problems.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i store all my fat in my ass.

srs

my pants dont fit but not because of my stomach, its because my thighs and ass dont fit. =(

mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MY BF is 6% or less...Can I see my abs??..sometimes. Completly genetic..I know people that are 12-15% that have a well defined 8 pack..Is it fair?? no..is genetics fair? of course not..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logs:
    Flex Freak and Cissus 800!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167154401

Completed
    Capsi Blast Log with Austinp55!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152151613

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by All-Star11 View Post
    Truth....
    /thread

How did this thread get past this point?
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by getyourwaron View Post
    .....I'm tired of people......
    Me too. Just tired.

GShonen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GShonen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I weight 240+ pounds and I have to say I've seen the bodyspace of a guy that's about my weight/higher than my weight (don't remember) but he had something like~ a 42-inch waistline while I'm stuck with 47 for now.

That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    6% or less? how do you know this?
    Agreed, no way are you 6% and not cut. You may be using a bf caliper but it is not completely accurate, they can be as much as 3-4% off.

Pay for real hydrostatic testing or something similar. You have fat alone around your organs that makes up 2-3% so that would mean you only have 3% subcutaneous fat and you would be shredded.
    Long Term Goals:
    ig-no-ra-mus =

Bicep Curl - 225 LBS
    Skullcrusher - 35 LBS
    Bench - 370 LBS
    Squat - 95 LBS
    Deadlift - 85 LBS

That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) That0neGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

/End rant
    I'm on a cut and to be honest, I noticed the back fat and it is going away before the abdominal fat. I'm not sub 10% fat or anything though. It is all genetics.
    Long Term Goals:
    ig-no-ra-mus =

Bicep Curl - 225 LBS
    Skullcrusher - 35 LBS
    Bench - 370 LBS
    Squat - 95 LBS
    Deadlift - 85 LBS

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This.

I, for example, tend to hold fat on my lower back, just behind my arm pits, and lower chest.

Even when I'm pretty chunky, my stomach actually stays reasonably flat, I just get love handles, some puffy above my lats, and moobs.

kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its deff different genetics.im 5'11" i have skinny legs tone arms. and fat belly. and now down to 173 still got a gut. my brother on the other hand is 5'9" 177 completly flat stomach top 2 abs show all the time perfect built chest. but his legs are literally 5 inches larger than mine. he looks sooo much more tone than me . but yet im in way better shape and can lift way more than him... i can run 2 miles without stopping he can run 500 feet and is out of breath. he wishes he had my legs i wish i had his core lol.
    You start with an intention, but you must constantly remind yourself to keep applying enough focus to achieve that outcome. Follow through. When you've given enough attention to the matter, you"ll have the result...

Feb1 to may1 challenge
    2-1, 166.6
    2-8
    2-15
    2-22
    2-29
    Month Total:

3-1
    3-8
    3-15
    3-22
    3-29
    Month Total:

4-5
    4-12
    4-19
    4-26
    Month Total:

Final Weigh in:
    5-3

then again, you have guys like leo ingram...

Then again, they alter their genetics...just saying

mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    6% or less? how do you know this?
    Ive been tested by over 4 machines...all using different methods..Averaging from 3% to 8%, so I just call it 6% because I know how inaccurate even the commercial machines are.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logs:
    Flex Freak and Cissus 800!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167154401

Completed
    Capsi Blast Log with Austinp55!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152151613

Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Viking1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    then again, you have guys like leo ingram...

That is weird looking!

maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fatinNYC View Post

srs

my pants dont fit but not because of my stomach, its because my thighs and ass dont fit. =(
    And i,for example, lost this fat part at first time. In my case, most fat is around my belly, midsection, really, including love handles.

Adrenos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

srs

srs?

my shoes dont fit, but not because of my foot size, its because i store fat in my cankles.

I luv Demi Lovato! U mad? Skullaway's Avatar
    Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    How did this thread get past this point?
    this

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

srs

me too man lol.

bLaQDoG.. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I store ALL my fat in my belly and a little in my arse.

My upper body seems really cut, same with my legs I have the most defined calves and quads.

My belly always sticks out I don't know why. It's always been that way even when I've cut down on fat. It just sticks outs and never really shows any abs.

Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

srs

i feel your pain. i still have fat all over my body but my ass has a hugely disproportionate amount of flab. i also have chicken legs which makes it look even bigger (especially in regular looking jeans)

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question

/End rant
    um no....pretty much all my fat is in my chest and stomach...also, do you even work on your chest?

Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by JPA1384 View Post
    um no....pretty much all my fat is in my chest and stomach...also, do you even work on your chest?
    LOL. Asks the guy with no profile pic? Solid.

nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by northwestmuscle View Post
    i feel your pain. i still have fat all over my body but my ass has a hugely disproportionate amount of flab. i also have chicken legs which makes it look even bigger (especially in regular looking jeans)

I'm in this club also. But as you get really lean, it'll look better than not having an ass. As my girl friends tell me, girls like a nice butt, too.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mminguela View Post
    Ive been tested by over 4 machines...all using different methods..Averaging from 3% to 8%, so I just call it 6% because I know how inaccurate even the commercial machines are.
    I'm sorry but this picture of yours-

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...-photo/4688021

made me lol so hard.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.