bosshunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

do dumbbell pullovers work?

Hey guys i have just started doing dumbbell pullovers and after finishing a set i haven't felt and fatigue in my chest, mainly more in my arms. Does this exercise work or am I just doing it wrong :s

Thanks for the help guys

Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bosshunter View Post
    Hey guys i have just started doing dumbbell pullovers and after finishing a set i haven't felt and fatigue in my chest, mainly more in my arms. Does this exercise work or am I just doing it wrong :s

Thanks for the help guys
    Yes, they work.
    You might be bending your arms and turning it more into a triceps exercise. Use lighter weights if you have to use your arms to complete the movement.
    Sulo

Originally Posted by Sulo-Eno View Post
    Yes, they work.
    You might be bending your arms and turning it more into a triceps exercise. Use lighter weights if you have to use your arms to complete the movement.
    I used lighter weight to start off with and couldn't feel anything. with my arms above my head i have them at 90degrees then work up slowly straitening them.

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^This.

It's an exercise like lateral, frontal, and rear raises for shoulders. You can NOT let weight-lifter's ego come into it, or else your arms will be ripped out of your sockets and all those bicep curls will have been in vain.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

Originally Posted by Cohaku View Post
    ^This.

It's an exercise like lateral, frontal, and rear raises for shoulders. You can NOT let weight-lifter's ego come into it, or else your arms will be ripped out of your sockets and all those bicep curls will have been in vain.
    so its not good for you?

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    .............Okay, I guess I had that coming.

It is not better or worse for you than those exercises I mentioned. you simply must use LIGHT weights to ensure you're using proper form, rather than being a puffed peacock who grabs the big weights and tosses them around. Do this with Lateral lifts and you spell disaster for your shoulders. Likewise, going heavier than good form allows you to in pullovers will spell disaster.

Approach the exercise sensibly, start with a light weight, and gradually build up, rather than grabbing a 20 or 30 as an estimate, and pay attention to your form. This is the recipe for success and good health.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

Originally Posted by Cohaku View Post
    .............Okay, I guess I had that coming.

It is not better or worse for you than those exercises I mentioned. you simply must use LIGHT weights to ensure you're using proper form, rather than being a puffed peacock who grabs the big weights and tosses them around. Do this with Lateral lifts and you spell disaster for your shoulders. Likewise, going heavier than good form allows you to in pullovers will spell disaster.

Approach the exercise sensibly, start with a light weight, and gradually build up, rather than grabbing a 20 or 30 as an estimate, and pay attention to your form. This is the recipe for success and good health.
    Ok thanks for the help!

fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50) fr0IVIan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like doing pullovers standing at the cable station with a rope attachment to finish my lats. I've never felt them in my chest as much as I've felt flyes.

Ok thanks for the help!
    Originally Posted by fr0IVIan View Post
    I like doing pullovers standing at the cable station with a rope attachment to finish my lats. I've never felt them in my chest as much as I've felt flyes.
    yeah im feeling them more in my lats then chest

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just started doing dumbbell pullovers

You mean, you just tried it for the first time, and it didn't work? And you are wondering, right now, if it's the exercise's fault?

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive seen people do these for chest, but ive always thought they were more of a back exercise.

a previous poster said he does a variation of them using the cables to finish off the lats, which is what i do aswell. i cant see how it works chest that well. be beter off with cable flyes or DB flyes

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used them at the start of a back workout once. It turned out to be a pretty good back workout.

Deadlifts can leave your upper-back more tired, and even take a hit on your energy if you place it at the front. DB Pull-overs supposedly use a bunch of chest, but it's not like you're eliminating the back's involvement.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try them on a decline bench, I love 'em. Absolutely murders my rhomboids, also feel it pretty well in pecs and tris, a little in lats. Don't try to make it to failure though, I almost broke my nose that way, lol.

19chad69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I love the DB pullover to give me a great pump at the end of my chest routine. You have to make sure that your arms are slightly bent and kicked at the elbows so you're arms don't take over. It's a must that you actually concentrate on your chest and make your pecs pull up the weight otherwise your missing the point! I agree with using a lighter weight because that forces your chest to do the majority of the work and not your tri's! I hope this helps.
    But keep in mind...not every exercise or movement works the same for everyone.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 19chad69 View Post
    I love the DB pullover to give me a great pump at the end of my chest routine. You have to make sure that your arms are slightly bent and kicked at the elbows so you're arms don't take over. It's a must that you actually concentrate on your chest and make your pecs pull up the weight otherwise your missing the point! I agree with using a lighter weight because that forces your chest to do the majority of the work and not your tri's! I hope this helps.
    But keep in mind...not every exercise or movement works the same for everyone.
    never really go the pull overs. I understand mechanically how it works, but I would assume a cable crossover with the cables set up high would work the chest along the sternocostal fibers a lot better. Also not forgetting that on a dumbbell pull over the resistance curve is very weak at the top half of the movement.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make sure you keep your arms staight. Then let your arms go back until you feel a big stretch in the chest.

Remember that an easy way to make any exercise work is to ensure you get a stretch before trying to contract