shoelessj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-workout supplements OK with high blood pressure meds?

Are there any good, effective pre-workout supplements that are OK to use if you're taking medication for high blood pressure? A friend of mine told me she takes White Flood and it sounded great, but I checked out the warnings on the label and it (like a couple other similar products), said not to take it if you're also taking HBP medication.

I just don't want to keep getting fatigued a half hour into a workout. And yes, I am working to lose weight and get in better shape so that one day I won't need the high blood pressure meds.

Thanks.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need to consult a physician first. I would highly advise against taking a pre if high blood pressure is involved.

The more you work out and more weight you lose the better you will feel, and the more likely you blood pressure will no longer be high. Just be patient, seriously.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R1balla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by shoelessj View Post
    Are there any good, effective pre-workout supplements that are OK to use if you're taking medication for high blood pressure? A friend of mine told me she takes White Flood and it sounded great, but I checked out the warnings on the label and it (like a couple other similar products), said not to take it if you're also taking HBP medication.

I just don't want to keep getting fatigued a half hour into a workout. And yes, I am working to lose weight and get in better shape so that one day I won't need the high blood pressure meds.

Thanks.
    stay away from stimulated products like fat burners and most pre workouts. you can take a stim free pre workout like hemavol, pre max or load up on BCAAs and 5g of creatine with beta alanine

Crassiest Modulator Alive memcop's Avatar
    memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz
    Doctor!!! Or I can save you the copay...... No
    Homerotic Modulator, Envious of Idiocy

chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chromaffin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    stay away from stimulated products like fat burners and most pre workouts. you can take a stim free pre workout like hemavol, pre max or load up on BCAAs and 5g of creatine with beta alanine
    ROFL. You advertise yourself as a student nurse in your sig. And yet, you recommend that someone on BP-lowering medication look into Hemavol, a potent vasodilator that reduces blood pressure even further. You made quite literally the worst suggestion imaginable. Go sit in a corner, take *Free Agent* out of your signature (no company will hire you because you suck), take Student Nurse out of your signature until you grow half a brain, and quit school while you're ahead.

And before you make some smartass comment, I may have just saved OP's life since he probably saw your signature and thought "Wow, this guy must know what he's talking about!"

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

shoelessj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Thanks, guys

Thanks for the info and advice, folks. I've made an appointment with the doc for next week. His nurse mentioned he'd like to look at my testosterone levels as well.

The good news is that i've started seeing a personal trainer, who in the past three workouts has put me through a few workouts (weights mixed with cardio, circuit-like) that have kicked my ass. And she mentioned that as i workout more like this, not only will i start dropping weight but the energy and endurance should increase as a result. During the workouts she makes sure i keep hydrated and recommends protein - shakes, eggs, chicken breasts, post-workout.

Thanks again for the good (and life-saving?) advice. I'm just excited to be on this track now. Hope to have enough confidence to post pics soon, as well.