JrWildman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why do some peoples muscles seem more dense?

Okay... bare with me.. I'm new as you can see with my post count...

I have been working out and reading the forums a lot and from what I can tell, there is no such thing as toning a muscle, just cutting... Those muscles that look like tight skin stretched over rock are caused by big muscles and a low body fat. So why does my friend who is no stronger or thinner than I am have a bicep twice as hard as mine when I squeeze it for comparison?
    We curl about the same, we are about the same height and bodyfat.

Is this genetic? Do some people have more dense muscles? Also I stretch my muscles a lot more than he does if that could have any effect.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Genetics.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    a couple things can cause it...

if done after a rep he could have a bigger pump than urs meaning if like stated you hand more of an eccentric portion of the curl and he had less rom then he probly would have alittle more pump...

also it could be maturity, if he has been working out longer regardless if he is bigger or not his muscles will be more dense than urs...

and of course like statde above genetics can play its hand in everything!
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    when it comes down to it everything is about genetics. you can only improve within your genetic potential. for instance, most of us will NEVER reach dead lifting 1000 pounds like some WSM competitors can, just because we train hard.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    are you on dat dere cell-tech?
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    are you on dat dere cell-tech?
    the better question is, is OP lifting heavy and taking a multi?
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

Best Gym Lifts: 585/390/675 440 FS 265 OHP @203 No longer competing

I lift weights for fun

Registered User dethmetalanimal's Avatar
    dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by aman88 View Post
    when it comes down to it everything is about genetics. you can only improve within your genetic potential. for instance, most of us will NEVER reach dead lifting 1000 pounds like some WSM competitors can, just because we train hard.
    defeatist attitude.

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its not a defeatist attitude. if you actually think its possible for everyone to dead lift 1000 pounds if they work hard then you know 0 about the human body, kinesiology, and exercise science. no offense.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JrWildman1 View Post
    Okay... bare with me.. I'm new as you can see with my post count...

I have been working out and reading the forums a lot and from what I can tell, there is no such thing as toning a muscle, just cutting... Those muscles that look like tight skin stretched over rock are caused by big muscles and a low body fat. So why does my friend who is no stronger or thinner than I am have a bicep twice as hard as mine when I squeeze it for comparison?
    We curl about the same, we are about the same height and bodyfat.

Is this genetic? Do some people have more dense muscles? Also I stretch my muscles a lot more than he does if that could have any effect.
    Not yet mentioned... more density can be caused by favoring heavier/low rep work, whether it's lifting weights, doing physical work, or even lifestyle.

Do you enjoy different sports?

It can all make a difference, including genetics.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aman88 View Post
    its not a defeatist attitude. if you actually think its possible for everyone to dead lift 1000 pounds if they work hard then you know 0 about the human body, kinesiology, and exercise science. no offense.
    I know where your coming from although the post above does seem overly pessimistic.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will become a Natural Pro UCFBuilder's Avatar
    UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah genetics to play a big role...but get several years of hard training under your belt..low rep work/high rep work..always heavy..basically build a solid base..then diet down to contest levels of BF..and i assure your muscle will have that dense and "mature" look

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    Not yet mentioned... more density can be caused by favoring heavier/low rep work, whether it's lifting weights, doing physical work, or even lifestyle.

I agree with Tyrbo.
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tyrbo my man is on the money here, when it comes to the big guys you see training hard and for years and years in the weight room you can notice how thick and dense these guys are all over, what may surprise you is some of these guys may not weigh all that much or as much as you think they weigh though. This hardness is density of the muscle.

I have seen many guys my height and weight yet are 10 years older than i am but look a lot bigger than myself! This is due to years of heavy heavy training, low bodyfat and general thickness of their tendons and connective tissue that gives them this look.

Obviously genetics play a role in our bodies and can put up some barriers in terms of development but we can achieve that dense look in time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~