Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Football Player Log: Because I want it Forever

Brief Overview:

I played Division One football at the University of Nevada, Reno, and was the starting free safety; however, going into my junior year I suffered what our training staff later concluded to be a career ending injury. But back to the beginning, I was forced to play that season, due to the fact the training staff assumed I was faking an injury. But, after our bowl game had concluded I came home for a second opinion. I had broken my clavicle, collar bone, and torn some ligaments in my right shoulder. For my sake, I am glad I refused to play so I received a medical red shirt, but the initial damage on the MRI was only the beginning. Due to playing and intense pain brought onto the shoulder I was diagnosed as having nerve damage along my right arm that would cause it to go numb at times and lose all feeling. After two years of rehab I finally was cleared to play again; however, depression from not playing had set in and I became anorexic, just 8 months ago I was 120 pounds (see prior posts and pictures). Now after 6-7 months of weights, I am back up to 240 pounds with roughly 11-13% BF. Just this past week I signed a contract to play in Spain this coming January so my 8 week preparation starts today. This log will be meant to show those that even when training hard and doing extensive cardio, you can maintain overall muscle mass and strength, if in fact your diet is on point. The log will feature both weight room workouts and on the field conditioning, speed, and plyometrics workouts. My diet will also be in detail for those who want to know how to eat while doing this much work. This will be an 8 week log as previously stated, leading up to my departure to Barcelona, Spain. Thank you.
    Last edited by svillasenor; 10-19-2009 at 06:51 PM.

svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50) svillasenor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 1

(Roughly 8:30 am)
    Breakfast: 2 cups of Oats, 4 egg whites, and 1 scoop Dymatize Elite Whey

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop Gaspari Superpump 250

Weightroom Training - Chest Day

Incline DB Bench: Warm-Up 75lbs x 50, Warm-Up 85lbs x 25, 115 x 10, 115 x 10, 120 x 8, 120 x 8, drop sets of 100 reps
    Incline DB Flies: 40 x 20, 50 x 10, 55 x 10, 75 x 10
    Flat DB Bench: 115 x 10 for 5 sets
    Hammer Push Press: 240 x 15, 255 x 10, 275 x 8, 275 x 8, drop set of 100 reps.
    Dips: 4 sets to failure

Abs: Weighted Rope Pulldowns: 4 sets to failure at 175lbs and Hanging Leg Raises 3 sets to failure

Post-Workout: 2 cups of Special K Cereal with 2 scoops of Whey

Lunch: 9oz Morans 96/4 Ground Beef, Sweet Potatoes, and Veggies

Plyometrics and Footwork Workout (45 minutes): 2 scoops of Scivation Xtends

Snack: Muscle Milk and granola bar

(Bicep Workout)

Straight Bar Curls: Bar x 100 (warm up), Bar+20 x 20, Bar+40 x 20, Bar +60 x 10, drop set of 100 reps
    Standing DB Curls: 35s x 25 "each arm", 45s x 12, 55 x 10, 65 x 6, 65s x 6, drop set of 50 reps
    Concentration Curls: 4 sets of 8 each arm x 40lb DB
    Standing Cable High Curls: 40 x 20 reps, 50 x 20 reps, 60 x 13 reps, 70 x 12 reps
    Preacher Curls: 135 x 6 for 4 sets
    Seated One Arm Machine Curls: 3 sets of 140lbs x 8 each arm

Post-Workout: 2 scoops Whey and a Cliff Bar

Dinner: 2 6oz chicken breasts, 2 cups of oats mixed with 2 tbsps of PB and 2 packs of splenda

Snack: 32oz Cottage Cheese
    Last edited by svillasenor; 10-19-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    BB.Com Male Transformation of the Week Winner
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/male-transformation-sergio-villasenor.htm

Football Players Log: Because I want it Forever
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=399320431#post399320431

Personal Blog: http://importedgoods2010.blogspot.com/

LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    interesting story, I'll definately follow this one. What are your expectations of spanish football?

Originally Posted by LB42 View Post
    interesting story, I'll definately follow this one. What are your expectations of spanish football?
    To be honest I am just going with an open mind. I have two other American teammates I am meeting up with there so hopefully everything goes smoothly. I know that the level of play is not that same as here stateside but after what I have been through I am just fortunate that some one has given me the opportunity to play again. So I am just going with the expectation that as long as I just play how I know I can, I should be fine. And what else can I complain about, 23, single, and in Barcelona, it should be lovely.

Registered User GermanBarbarian's Avatar
    GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000) GermanBarbarian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck OP

Originally Posted by GermanBarbarian View Post
    Good luck OP
    Thank you.

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    kinda a personal question so feel free not to answer, but how is the pay?, why not try AF2 and move up, if football is your goal, and the UFL is new, and I'm sure they will be holding tryouts annually if they stay around long enough.

federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good job man. Looks like its going to be an intersting log. Just to warn you it may be moved to the workout journal section. I bet the pay over there may be pretty good, considering they pay basketball players an insane amount over there.
    -------Mar 1st - June 1st fat loss competition-------
    03/01 (240) | 03/08(239) | 03/15 (239) | 03/22(238) | 03/29(236) | Month Total: 4 lbs.
    04/05 (---) | 04/12 (---) | 04/19 (---) | 04/26 (---) | Month Total:
    05/03 (---) | 05/10 (---) | 05/17 (---) | 05/24 (---) | 05/31 (---) | Month Total:
    06/01 (---) Final weigh in.

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by federaldb59 View Post
    Good job man. Looks like its going to be an intersting log. Just to warn you it may be moved to the workout journal section. I bet the pay over there may be pretty good, considering they pay basketball players an insane amount over there.
    Football is not that popular over their especially since NFL Europe has left... Basketball is an international sport aka Olympics.... Football is way more competitive over here than it is their which is what OP stated, which is why I'm curious because if pay was good more people would be ditching small leagues like AFL, CFL, UFL to play over their

rcmitch8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey buddy. I did the same thing as you. I played qb at maryland and ended up going oversees to play in both finland first and then austria. Its a great experience and somethingthat you will never forget. You have to lower your expectations going over there because football is much different. If you go over there with the same mentality that you have in college it will not be fun. The players from europe do not get paid and do it just because its a hobby. The majority dont take it very seriously. If you go over there with the mind set of working hard, teaching them the game and getting paid to be on vacation you will absolutely love it. I played AF2 and its a joke. Dont go that route. If your looking for good competitive football oversees I suggest after the season looking into going to austria or germany as they have the two best leagues. Good luck and have a lot of fun.

And also if your looking to get paid more def look at austria and germany. Spain is one of the lowest salaried leagues. Look for teams like Hoenems Blue Devils and Vienna Vikings. They will dish out very good cash.

Originally Posted by rcmitch8 View Post
    And also if your looking to get paid more def look at austria and germany. Spain is one of the lowest salaried leagues. Look for teams like Hoenems Blue Devils and Vienna Vikings. They will dish out very good cash.
    how much is considered good cash?

Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    They pay in euros so it makes whatever you are making even better. Finland it was between 400-600 euros a week depending on bonuses and wins, and Austria was about 500-700. Much better than the 200 you get for a win in AF2 and 169 you get for a loss. Its a joke. And 15 hr bus trips dont make it much better.

They pay in euros so it makes whatever you are making even better. Finland it was between 400-600 euros a week depending on bonuses and wins, and Austria was about 500-700. Much better than the 200 you get for a win in AF2 and 169 you get for a loss. Its a joke. And 15 hr bus trips dont make it much better.
    Edit: sorry not meaning to hijack the thread

NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Inspiring story! I will follow your log
    So what are you goals for the future? You didn't say how you good you were, you think you could get to the NFL one day? Whatever you plan on doing, good luck
    Training log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132452573

*Official 288 Crew*

R.I.P Wesley Silveira aka Iron Addict. You are missed.

All done single ply at IPF meet:

Squat: 205 kg
    Bench: 122.5 kg
    Deadlift: 200 kg
    Total: 527.5 kg

Yeah I was offered to play in Germany and Austria, the pay was the same but I couldnt help being in Barcelona. Too good to pass up.

Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    1200 euros a months, plus all expenses and accommodation paid for as well. They pay for your flights both from and to. It is a great deal. Plus the AFL is not even set to reopen yet, and the new football league is already having financial issues due to economy, from an inside source who plays in the league, former teammate.

Originally Posted by NorwegianGuy92 View Post
    Inspiring story! I will follow your log
    So what are you goals for the future? You didn't say how you good you were, you think you could get to the NFL one day? Whatever you plan on doing, good luck
    Thanks man. My goals are just to get back to the States and play in the NFL of course. I just need to get some tape again after my shoulder went out. I am taking it one step at a time. Just getting ready to play!

floridianwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) floridianwill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow man, I am inspired, and TBH I didnt know there were other leagues then the NFL CFL and EFL. But its funny because your thread name says you want it forever which reminds me of a song I always listen to before I practice by Drake called forever. Good luck, keep fighting.

NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't know much about football, but even I know that playing in the NFL is quite an accomplishment I'm sure you can do it, keep working hard man!
    You are really lean at 241 lbs, so I assume you're really strong as well. What are your lifts?
    Training log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132452573

*Official 288 Crew*

R.I.P Wesley Silveira aka Iron Addict. You are missed.

All done single ply at IPF meet:

Squat: 205 kg
    Bench: 122.5 kg
    Deadlift: 200 kg
    Total: 527.5 kg

PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by svillasenor View Post
    Brief Overview:

I played Division One football at the University of Nevada, Reno, and was the starting free safety; however, going into my junior year I suffered what our training staff presumed to be a career ending injury. I was forced to play that season, due to the fact the training staff assumed I was faking an injury. But, after our bowl game had concluded I came home for a second opinion. I had broken my clavicle, collar bone, and torn some ligaments in my right shoulder. For my sake, I am glad I refused to play so I received a medical red shirt, but the initial damage on the MRI was only the beginning. Due to playing and intense pain brought onto the shoulder I was diagnosed as having nerve damage along my right arm that would cause it to go numb at times and lose all feeling. After two years of rehab I finally was cleared to play again; however, depression from not playing had set in and I became anorexic (see prior posts and pictures). Now after 6-7 months of weights, I am back up to 240 pounds with roughly 11-13% BF. Just this past week I signed a contract to play in Spain this coming January so my 8 week preparation starts today. This log will be meant to show those that even when training hard and doing extensive cardio, you can maintain overall muscle mass and strength, if in fact your diet is on point. The log will feature both weight room workouts and on the field conditioning, speed, and plyometrics workouts. My diet will also be in detail for those who want to know how to eat while doing this much work. This will be an 8 week log as previously stated, leading up to my departure to Barcelona, Spain. Thank you.
    Did Mastro recruit you and was Brian your trainer for PT? I ask because I know some people who played at UNR. Hit me up and do your thing.

Originally Posted by PitbullJR View Post
    Did Mastro recruit you and was Brian your trainer for PT? I ask because I know some people who played at UNR. Hit me up and do your thing.
    Yeah Mastro was our RBs coach. Who do/did you know on the team?

Originally Posted by floridianwill View Post
    Wow man, I am inspired, and TBH I didnt know there were other leagues then the NFL CFL and EFL. But its funny because your thread name says you want it forever which reminds me of a song I always listen to before I practice by Drake called forever. Good luck, keep fighting.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot!

Originally Posted by NorwegianGuy92 View Post
    I don't know much about football, but even I know that playing in the NFL is quite an accomplishment I'm sure you can do it, keep working hard man!
    You are really lean at 241 lbs, so I assume you're really strong as well. What are your lifts?
    Thank you. I just try to push as much weight as possible. I separate my workouts, meaning I only train one body part at a time in the gym. If I do a double weight room day it is only something like Chest, in the morning, with a biceps workout at night, similar to what I did today.

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wow, football in spain? awesome OP.
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.

Originally Posted by beertank23 View Post
    wow, football in spain? awesome OP.
    Yeah, I have heard nothing but great things about the people, culture, and environment over seas so I am really excited.

Registered User gridironwarrior's Avatar
    gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man.
    Football > Rugby, end of story.

Originally Posted by gridironwarrior View Post
    Good luck man.
    Gracias

Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by svillasenor View Post
    Gracias
    best of luck man.

youre huge, what does your weight lifting routine look like?

AM Work Out
    Chest
    Incline DB Bench: Warm-Up 75lbs x 50, Warm-Up 85lbs x 25, 115 x 10, 115 x 10, 120 x 8, 120 x 8, drop sets of 100 reps

Abs: Weighted Rope Pulldowns: 4 sets to failure at 175lbs and Hanging Leg Raises 3 sets to failure

PM Work Out

Straight Bar Curls: Bar x 100 (warm up), Bar+20 x 20, Bar+40 x 20, Bar +60 x 10, drop set of 100 reps
    Standing DB Curls: 35s x 25 "each arm", 45s x 12, 55 x 10, 65 x 6, 65s x 6, drop set of 50 reps
    Standing Cable High Curls: 40 x 20 reps, 50 x 20 reps, 60 x 13 reps, 70 x 12 reps

Originally Posted by Acal83 View Post
    best of luck man.

youre huge, what does your weight lifting routine look like?
    I typically do splits like this. I do plyo's, speed, quickness, and position specific stuff in the afternoons. I really like to focus on only one body part each time I go into the weight room. Isolate a lot more and IMO works better because you target an entire muscle instead of rushing through two or three groups.

Summary of Day 1

(Roughly 8:30 am)
    Breakfast: 2 cups of Oats, 4 egg whites, and 1 scoop Dymatize Elite Whey

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop Gaspari Superpump 250

Weightroom Training - Chest Day

Post-Workout: 2 cups of Special K Cereal with 2 scoops of Whey

Lunch: 9oz Morans 96/4 Ground Beef, Sweet Potatoes, and Veggies

Plyometrics and Footwork Workout (45 minutes): 2 scoops of Scivation Xtends

Snack: Muscle Milk and granola bar

PM Weight room Training
    (Bicep Workout)

Post-Workout: 2 scoops Whey and a Cliff Bar

Dinner: 2 6oz chicken breasts, 2 cups of oats mixed with 2 tbsps of PB and 2 packs of splenda

Snack: 32oz Cottage Cheese and Kashi Mocha Almond Bar
    Last edited by svillasenor; 10-20-2009 at 12:58 PM.

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Few questions for ya. How often do you do your weight lifting routine? And what plyos exercises do you do seeing as you dont have any leg lifts in your routine?

and good luck in your career! Ever think about trying to move from barcelona --> CFL --> NFL Tryout?
    Man on a mission

Well good luck with your season man, thats a good deal if your making 1200/mone euro and getting everything else paid for... Have a good time.. One thing though as far as your workouts are concerned, why are you doing a bodybuilding workout? Do you feel that helps you in any way? Just curious, I seem to hear alot about bb work and football workouts being done completely seperate.